IMG_4373.jpeg

Shout out to @Mr Kot part 2:
IMG_4401.gif

Rem the Gem:
IMG_4377.jpeg

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s still early so I hope I don’t jinx it, but this is probably the first time since 2006 that I can say I looked at our lineup and actually saw a third line that I like and have no real interest in changing. I think that once that line gets going they’re going to end up being a major catalyst for us. Almost all Stanley Cup champions have a third line that is an impact line and the Oilers haven’t ever had that. I think they might now though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Hard to know what to expect following long break. Myself I think it came at a bad time. Degree of difficulty in games post ASG increased in first 3 weeks back.

I think we learn more where this team is over next few weeks.

Can expect clubs to keep gunning for us as well. Teams like Vegas unlikely to roll over.

Individually Hyman was on fire before ASG, Kane was coming around. Skinner was on his game. Ekholm playing very solid again. I wonder how long break effects players down the lineup, What kind of starts they have out of the gate after such a long break. Sucks that the team faces such a compressed schedule going forward. We have a lot of games remaining over next couple months. Not the schedule I would want to play.
I actually look at it differently. I think the team was running on fumes before the break looking kind of disinterested tbh.
They were quite fortunate to pull out a few of those games against lesser opponents, so I think the break and an opportunity to refresh came at the perfect time.

In any event, it'll be nice to see them play an opponent that's in their league. I think the team needs a challenge like this as well after a long stretch of weaker opposition.

Reactions: Biltmore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad