GDT: Game 46: Avs @ Blue Jackets | Saturday, January 16th, 5pm MT | Future is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Pickard had very little to do... benefited from probably the best game the avs played this year. The second Guenin and co leave Varly stops playing.:laugh:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not saying Pickard doesn't deserve another game, just surprised he didn't go back to Varly. But it's an Eastern team and Varly against a divisional opponent, so I'm sure that's his thinking.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yeah no Pickard doesn't deserve the start, but we're playing against the Blue Jackets, so its not like he's going to be facing Patrick Kane or Evgeni Malkin out there. Though not too worried that he's starting, but I might be missing this game so lets hope for a win/win situation. Blue Jackets win by getting another loss to cement Matthews, Puljujarvi, Laine, or Jakob while Avs win by getting two more points closer to the **** team.

Zadorov! Bigras!

Not sure who to root for in the NSH-MIN game tonight. I'll just hope for no OT.

Side note, can anyone else see Moser's feeds in the periscope app? I follow him but nothing ever shows up in his feed.

Minnesota loss, don't look behind us, only in front.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
In my view, you have to hope Minnesota beat Nashville in regulation, while the Avs beat Columbus (regulation or otherwise)...gotta get some separation from Nashville before we start looking at the next team in front of us (the Wild, actually).

Yeah if we win, we stay on the same pace for now with MIN, and NSH losing gives us separation. Best possible scenario IMO

I'd only root for NSH, if they were farther behind us than MIN was ahead of us.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Pickard had very little to do... benefited from probably the best game the avs played this year. The second Guenin and co leave Varly stops playing.:laugh:

I like him playing Pickard personally, while Pickard didn't have to be out of this word against NJ. Pickard can go on some seriously ridiculous runs if hes fired up and hot.

It makes sense that Roy would milk the confidence that a shutout would give the kid IMO. Pickard can be lights out if hes 'In the Groove'

:D

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You got your rest, Varly. Now stand on your head the next ten games.

Yea you can kinda tell when Varly's getting tired. He just starts looking different in the net, and becomes human. He needs to recharge his super powers.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Bigrah brah. Can't wait to watch another game without Guenin in the lineup! Now that zads is back up it'll be a competition between him and Marty for who lays the thickest hits

Can you imagine if they both went to hit the same guy and collided with one another? It'd rip a hole in the time space continuum.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No media today but I guess Roy confirmed the same lineup as last night. Chambers described Wagner as in the doghouse :shakehead

Can we put Chambers in the doghouse? Guy has no clue about the only thing he should have a clue on in his career.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No media today but I guess Roy confirmed the same lineup as last night. Chambers described Wagner as in the doghouse :shakehead

Can we put Chambers in the doghouse? Guy has no clue about the only thing he should have a clue on in his career.

If that's true why is he playing over Grigorenko?

Why do we have to have some of the worst beat writers in the league? I refuse to even click on DP articles these days unless the headline is something I absolutely can't resist. More often than not, I can...

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's
After 45 games we have the same point total as last year - hard to believe.

But we have way more regulation/OT wins so I guess that's still improvement.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
^that is hard to believe. It certainly feels like we've done way better.

It feels that way, and is hard to believe, because unlike last season, we're actually in a Playoff spot with the points we have. Ultimately, the Avs just need to focus on what they can do in each game, and do the best they can to not leave any points on the table. Obviously, I know that they're not going to win out, but play hard, and find ways to get games to OT at least, and that will help us.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
day two of watching future studs pickard, zadorov, bigris. Can you imagine a top 4 of Johnson-Barrie and Zadorov-Bigris in a year or two. With an offense core of Mack, Duchene, Landeskog and Rantanen we may have a stacked lineup in the near future.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are the only team in the league this season that hasn't had a game go to the shootout .

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We had like 11 loser points this time last year.

Which we could definitely use this year. It's not ideal, no, but imagine if we had just 3 of those close games get to OT, even if we still lose them, we're 3 points up on Nashville right now, and we're closer to the 2nd Wild Card.

It's not a good strategy at all, but if they can get these close games to OT, it's going to pay off in the end.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
lets keep it that way
and on another note I just saw Sens shoot and score to go 4 3 over kings with some time left in third

Avs are usually very good in the shootout. They are 26-12 since trading for Varlamov.

Less games being decided in SO hurts Avs.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Avs are usually very good in the shootout. They are 26-12 since trading for Varlamov.

Less games being decided in SO hurts Avs.

I understand, lets just win the 3 on 3s though is my point...
how about finishing the year in the 3rd spot without needing to look back?

LA just lost... why does that matter..?
Well if you look now there are 9 teams close to the bubble... lets create some distance... imo by stop losing to the bottom teams and continuing to play the top teams tough...
I would love to see us win tonight and Monday again with the Sabres and then go 4 for six afterwards in a tougher stretch....

Go Avs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad