GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers @ Devils - 3pm - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Is it time to bring out the frozen pizza references of HF yesteryear??
aaf.png

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Boston up 2-0.

Playoffs are a pipe dream. Shoot for finishing 10 games over .500.

2-1 now. Far from over.

If we win and the Islanders lose to Philly, we will control our own destiny. They would be 6 points up on us, but we have 3 games left against them. Still a tall task, obviously, to beat them in regulation 3 times, but it would be within our control.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So who wants to bet it's Georgiev in nets today.

It probably will be. Shesty isn't going to play 16 games in a row. If we don't play Georgiev in the 2nd half of a back to back against a weak team, when is he going to play?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
It probably will be. Shesty isn't going to play 16 games in a row. If we don't play Georgiev in the 2nd half of a back to back against a weak team, when is he going to play?
What a lovely time to be in the net as well, when the team almost pissed away the win last game. So if we lose today we can all blame Georgiev...

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Kakko had lots of PP time last year too and top 6 mins
I don’t think if we gave Kakko more mins he’d suddenly be scoring every other game lol
Kakko had 6th most PP time per game out of our forwards last year, 2:14 per game. For comparison, Panarin had 3:44 per game and Zibanejad 3:40 per game.

Kakko has 6th most PP time per game out of our forwards this year, 1:21 per game. For comparison, Panarin has 4:05, per game and Zibanejad 3:50 per game.
I disagree that Kakko has lots of PP time. He didn't have lots of it last year, and he certainly doesn't have it this year. Below is the stats line from this year

qHUYjMB.jpg

He is? Lol seems like the other way around. Hughes has what, 10pts against the Rangers already? Kakko has 0 against the Devils
And as for games that matter, Kakko has owned Hughes in 2 international gold medal games (U18, U20) and also won the gold with the mens team while Hughes and USA didn't. I don't mind it if Kakko saves his points against the Devils when we actually play against them in the playoffs. ;)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Kakko had 6th most PP time per game out of our forwards last year, 2:14 per game. For comparison, Panarin had 3:44 per game and Zibanejad 3:40 per game.

Kakko got time on the 1st unit early last year. He was later taken off and then the PP caught fire, so there was no chance he was going back.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Kakko has 6th most PP time per game out of our forwards this year, 1:21 per game. For comparison, Panarin has 4:05, per game and Zibanejad 3:50 per game.
I disagree that Kakko has lots of PP time. He didn't have lots of it last year, and he certainly doesn't have it this year. Below is the stats line from this year

qHUYjMB.jpg

And as for games that matter, Kakko has owned Hughes in 2 international gold medal games (U18, U20) and also won the gold with the mens team while Hughes and USA didn't. I don't mind it if Kakko saves his points against the Devils when we actually play against them in the playoffs. ;)
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

qHUYjMB.jpg

Yup. His PP time last year was backend of the 3rd quartile for top 2 picks in their rookie season over the last 15 years. His 1:21 this year would be among the lowest, if not quite comparable since he isn't a rookie this year.

Player Discussion - David Quinn: Part V

Edit - and Lafreniere's current 1:20 / game is now the second lowest. Only ahead of Jordan Staal.

Reactions: LOFIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad