GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers @ Devils - 3pm - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
2-1 now. Far from over.

If we win and the Islanders lose to Philly, we will control our own destiny. They would be 6 points up on us, but we have 3 games left against them. Still a tall task, obviously, to beat them in regulation 3 times, but it would be within our control.
Islanders have Philly, 3 against Washington and 3 against us. They could be out of the playoff picture by then. :)

Apr 10, 2012
Am I the only one who notices the league seems to have a major favoritism towards Boston? Seems like as soon as we were close to them, we started getting rly questionably called games. Happened to Tampa the year Boston beat them in the ECF to win the cup-- game 7 and zero calls when tampa had #1 pp and boston #30ish but boston had best evgoals.

I declare shenanagins. It's rigged.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Boston really helped themselves at the TDL and are playing well. The Isles are not playing well and we have 3 left against them but 8 points is still a lot of points to make up in 12 games. Odds are slim but lets keep the pressure on with another win.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Hájek coming out of the line up and not being replaced by Jones makes me sad. But I understand why they go with Bitetto.
I kinda wished they would give a few more looks for Reunanen. Not enough to trigger the limit of games or whatever he might have...

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I kinda wished they would give a few more looks for Reunanen. Not enough to trigger the limit of games or whatever he might have...

Reunanen and Jones don't have "triggers". Their contracts aren't slide eligible in any way.

Only Robertson is on a slide-eligible contract at the moment.

Reactions: LOFIN

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Here's what annoys me about the "shoot the puck" take. On the Strome goal if Mika's pass didn't connect instead of talking about all of the shots opening up lanes Joe would be talking about how Mika should have shot it. It should be a shot if the pass didn't work and Joe doesn't say anything if the pass worked.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hajek sitting...

New Jerseys speed has been giving the 3rd pair a lot of issues. Can't be solely put on Hajek though

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What does everyone think of Hajek being scratched? Is it a healthy scratch? I'm not sure I'm excited about Biteto (sp?) playing after such a long layoff and not being good to begin with.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Georgiev better not cost us the game you loser
I love how we have a scapegoat ready if the team continues its trend from last night. Gonna be Sasha's fault, no matter what.

Reunanen and Jones don't have "triggers". Their contracts aren't slide eligible in any way.

Only Robertson is on a slide-eligible contract at the moment.
This team really needs puck movers in defense. Reunanen would be an obvious choice.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
What does everyone think of Hajek being scratched? Is it a healthy scratch? I'm not sure I'm excited about Biteto (sp?) playing after such a long layoff and not being good to begin with.
I don't think that third pairing can get any worse. I would sit both hajek and smith.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I didn't see yesterday's game but even prior to that, Hajek has been a problem.

So has Smith tbh. Jones playing would have been fun and this is the type of opponent to get him in against but this is one time I can't really blame Quinn for going with the #trustyvet.

Unless Kreider absolutely crushed it yesterday (and it doesn't sound like he did) him being in his usual spot is a much bigger issue than who ever lines up next to Smith.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Boston really helped themselves at the TDL and are playing well. The Isles are not playing well and we have 3 left against them but 8 points is still a lot of points to make up in 12 games. Odds are slim but lets keep the pressure on with another win.

Win for win's sake. They have nothing to lose; they aren't in position and would be a miracle for one of the top 4 to lose 8+ points against the 5th place team. Short Summer, then right back at it.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yes, let us put a top 10 center in the league on the 3rd line. Stupidity at its finest.

It is not about 1st, 2nd or 3rd line my rude friend.

Panarin's line is top ('1st if you will'); want max mins to Kakko + Krav, as well as breadman.

Next are the kids
if we want LaF + Chytil + Gauthier to accelerate success, they also need mo mins, so = 2nd line.

Zib on 3rd line and spare F on PP is enough.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
*Sees Hajek is scratched*

“ah finally Zac Jones is getting a.....”

*Scrolls down a bit more to see Bitetto is playing for Hajek*

“f***ing David Quinn :madfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad