GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers @ Devils - 3pm - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
lets finish this series off, feel good about this one. Hopefully the devils can keep it together and not crash the crease.

SchneidersPretzels

Feb 18, 2021
Gauthier never scores because he hasn't shown any offensive gifts at this level, at least not yet.

I prefer winning to a fan's belief that he'll be entertained by watching a guy who has shown next to nothing.

Most people here moan that they hate Quinn changing lines.

Changing your best line makes zero sense.

When the team becomes mathematically eliminated, then it doesn't matter.

Until then, a coach will always try and win the game. Right now, they're winning games.

I doubt there's a coach in the NHL who would make your suggested move, today.

For the most partI think you are correct. However I will disagree with you a little bit. Gauthier has had some really good takeaways and gotten to pucks that I don't think many others on the team would have. Although he hasn't scored much, he's looked pretty good IMO. If those possessions he creates can be possessions without Howden, they can be converted into more time in the offensive zone (and also some more scoring chances).

I do think DQ should make his decisions based on what will entertain me ;-) , but you are right, I will agree that winning is preferable right now. I just think maybe trying Gauthier out with some other players can help us to keep winning.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
This game is gonna be physical, Devs probably tired of Kakko stealing Jackyboys lunchmoney.

LGR!

Reactions: Number 9

SchneidersPretzels

Feb 18, 2021
Lafreniere Mika Buch
Panarin Strome Kravtsov
Kreider Chytil Kakko

It's more about promoting Kravtsov than demoting Blackwell. We just have too many top9 forwards. I know it's unlikely

Agreed. Blackwell is doing well, but so are many of our forwards. Kravtsov is a critical part of our future and he is playing really well. Give him the best chance to succeed given that he is playing about as well as Blackwell anyhow.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Not going to happen, but I'd like to see

Laf-Zib-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko
Howden-Rooney-Blackwell

And please, put Kravtsov and Laf on PP2 in place of Blackwell and Trouba.

Feel free to execute, Quinn.

I assume the comma in the last sentence is a typo.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Why would you remove a guy from a line that can't stop scoring and replace him with a guy who never scores?
EA logic, Gauthier will jump to 83 overall during the off season with 1st line playing time, otherwise he will stay at 72

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Devils gonna throw the kitchen sink at the Rangers today, hopefully George can have a good game.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
This game is gonna be physical, Devs probably tired of Kakko stealing Jackyboys lunchmoney.

LGR!
I hate the Devils just like all good Rangers fans, but Jackboy had 2 apples yesterday and while he does have many turnovers he's made a few defensive plays and also makes things happen out there all the time. Not sure how Kakko is stealing his lunch money.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
more importantly Rangers win today, but go Capitals win in regulation please. imagine if the youngest team in the NHL makes the playoffs.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
Gauthier never scores because he hasn't shown any offensive gifts at this level, at least not yet.

I prefer winning to a fan's belief that he'll be entertained by watching a guy who has shown next to nothing.

Most people here moan that they hate Quinn changing lines.

Changing your best line makes zero sense.

When the team becomes mathematically eliminated, then it doesn't matter.

Until then, a coach will always try and win the game. Right now, they're winning games.

I doubt there's a coach in the NHL who would make your suggested move, today.

I doubt there are many coaches in the league who would have removed Gauthier with his ability and the way he was playing in favor of Howden when he did.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Kakko-Krav-Panarin
LaF-Chytil-gauthier
get the most mins in that order

Kreider-Zib-blackwell

open tryouts 4th line

kids need the most mins
those are the most successful combos imo

Yes, let us put a top 10 center in the league on the 3rd line. Stupidity at its finest.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Hope the kids are able to contribute a little more today. AKA given a chance to contribute. It's great when the vets do what they need to do, just am bored with the over reliance on them. I want there to be more balance so the kids can feel like a bigger part of the team's success.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
In theory using a meritocracy...... Gauthier should be in and Kreider out. Rw Lw I know who cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad