GDT: Game 45: Phoenix Coyotes @ Winnipeg Jets 1-13-14| 6PM | FSA +

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Years of watching how Tippett deals with his roster explain why Schlemko is in tonight.

Tip is not a gambler and he values experience very highly; so when the team is not playing right, he will revert to experience to try to turn it around.

So on that basis here come Schlemko and there went Murphy.

Tippett also does not like to play young players when the team is not right; he said previously that losing is not a good environment to be in for any young player as it can affect its confidence and development.

So I expect to have the older, more experienced guys on the ice for the time being.

As for Rundblad, well, I guess it is similarly not surprising to see him as a healthy scratch for the same reason.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tip is not a gambler

He doesn't like to experiment, and even when he does, they are short lived. You need to start pulling more levers when the roster you have isn't changing anytime soon and the results continue to be poor. The definition of insanity is...

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
He doesn't like to experiment, and even when he does, they are short lived. You need to start pulling more levers when the roster you have isn't changing anytime soon and the results continue to be poor. The definition of insanity is...

Good point. We play the Blues away after tonight so I suspect that Tip will more less carry the same team in both games and see what happens.

But if this does not work, he will be forced to think differently.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@azc_mclellan: New look for #Coyotes today: 36-50-89/19-11-17/28-63-18/12-14-29/3-53/23-26/16-6.

Not liking that. I hate it when 26 is paired with 23. I don't like it when 6 is in the line-up, period. 63 is a waste of money when you give him 28 and 18 as line mates. One plumber or the other is fine, but don't give him two. I like seeing both 12 and 29 in there, though. That's good to see. Too bad 14 can't really help out on that forecheck too much. 36-50-89 should be a fun line, though. I like that one. :)

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
@azc_mclellan: New look for #Coyotes today: 36-50-89/19-11-17/28-63-18/12-14-29/3-53/23-26/16-6.

Not liking that. I hate it when 26 is paired with 23. I don't like it when 6 is in the line-up.

Tipp is doing everything he can to keep #2 out of the lineup. Even playing Schlemko on his "off" side...

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I've never seen so much criticism of Tippet since I started posting here.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

You can second guess all you want, I do sometimes, but nine times out of ten he is correct. The definition of insanity is second guessing DT.:nod:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Not liking that. I hate it when 26 is paired with 23. I don't like it when 6 is in the line-up, period. 63 is a waste of money when you give him 28 and 18 as line mates. One plumber or the other is fine, but don't give him two. I like seeing both 12 and 29 in there, though. That's good to see. Too bad 14 can't really help out on that forecheck too much. 36-50-89 should be a fun line, though. I like that one. :)

Have you checked our record lately? DT will keep on trying different combo's until we start to click again.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Doan on the Czech line will be interesting.

I always finding myself wanting to see Ribs on that line, although I know it puts him out of position. Maybe I'm just seduced by watching two smooth puck handlers on a line when the PP is clicking, though - I say things like "wow, it's almost fun to watch *our* PP for once...would it ruin the team to see that at even strength?"

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd

The results over our last ten games probably have driven that momentum. He's still the greatest coach we've ever had, imo, and will be until somebody else gets us past the WCFs. Still, Ken Whisenhunt got the Az Cards to the Super Bowl and he got dumped a few short years later - so past success will only carry a coach so far. I don't think anyone is ready to fuel up a moving van for our coach just yet though...I still have faith Tip's better at running this team than us fans are... even if Rundblad is the scratchiest guy in the league.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Have you checked our record lately? DT will keep on trying different combo's until we start to click again.

Any time when Korpedo and Moss are playing on a scoring line; them clicking offensively is purely incidental. Sorry to say, but from what we have seen, these are not top-6 players in the NHL, not even close. You shouldn't have them on any scoring line (except to maybe occasionally energize things) in this league. And if this is not a scoring line, then a player like Rib would have no business being on.

I may have to eat my words, but I doubt this line is going to be effective at all.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site

Because whatever he is doing is clearly not working. And doing things like putting Korpi and Moss with Rib is at best long shot desperation; I don't understand, does he hope that Korpikoski after being in the league 7 years would suddenly become a bona fide sniper? I'm all for stirring things up; but you have to have some logic, rhyme and rhythm of what combinations are likely to work; not throwing random combinations out there just to hope something would click.

yotesreign

Jan 26, 2009
Goldwater Blvd
Because whatever he is doing is clearly not working. And doing things like putting Korpi and Moss with Rib is at best long shot desperation; I don't understand, does he hope that Korpikoski after being in the league 7 years would suddenly become a bona fide sniper? I'm all for stirring things up; but you have to have some logic, rhyme and rhythm of what combinations are likely to work; not throwing random combinations out there just to hope something would click.

Which, to the extent people have that impression, can stir negative flashbacks to our previous coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad