16 Rostislav Klesla - 26 Mike Stone

#1 Greiss
#41 Smith

6a00d8341e3add53ef011571d3fbd1970b-800wi

396147_10150997479025997_537511968_a.jpg

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
Let's bounce back! Going to be a tough one though. Jets are going to play their harts out in front of their new coach. Difficult game despite their 5(?) straight losses.

Wonder wich goalie will get the start? My bet is on Smith.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wonder if the folks in Manitoba would be annoyed if the Coyotes decided to have a throwback jersey night tonight?

PHP4ED6D57906647.jpg

Perhaps we can package David Rundblad and Dale Hawerchuk's Ring of Honor banner for Evander Kane?

:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, tonight's keys to victory, Tyson Nash style:

1. Keep it to 2 - It's may be a stretch to ask Smitty for a shutout or a single goal against, but keeping it to under 3 greatly improves our chances. Get pucks at their net. If you think Smith's stats and contract are out of whack, have a look at Pavelec.

2. Will to Win - Just three blocked shots last game. That's embarrassing. The Ducks must have averaged three blocked shots per player. It's time to dust off Coyotes Hockey and play a textbook road game.

3. No Go for Mo - The Jets will come out flying under new coach Maurice. Let's shut them down early and score first. We all know our record under Tipp when we draw first blood: 128-19-22.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
18 years of cheering for the Phoenix Coyotes and tonight I get to see them live for the second time. Can't wait!

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013
@azc_mclellan: New look for #Coyotes today: 36-50-89/19-11-17/28-63-18/12-14-29/3-53/23-26/16-6.

Sigh...

Looks like Schlemko over Rundblad. I mean, is there any better time to give the kid a chance? We have been playing like ****, and Schlemko was terrible the last time he played. This might be Runblads chance and he aint even playing. Tipp has tried every combination possible without letting him play. Its beyond me...

But if they win i might have to take it all back.

Last edited:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Winnipeg with a new coach and the Coyotes on a bad stretch but willing to bounce back: This game could go anywhere.

Lets hope for the best!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
@azc_mclellan: New look for #Coyotes today: 36-50-89/19-11-17/28-63-18/12-14-29/3-53/23-26/16-6.

Sigh...

Looks like Schlemko over Rundblad. I mean, is there any better time to give the kid a chance? We have been playing like ****, and Schlemko was terrible the last time he played. This might be Runblads chance and he aint even playing. Tipp has tried every combination possible without letting him play. Its beyond me...

Schlemko had 5 blocked shots last game he played, he was not terrible and he plays defense. If Runblad did either better he would be playing...

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Interesting that Z made the trip (won't be in the lineup tonight). It's only a two-day trip too, so he must be closer to returning than we think.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Not that we're getting to "must win" games, but this one is close as we don't want to continue the losing streak and we need to turn the fortunes around.

rather than Chip/Halpern/Biz, we might be better off fielding a more offensive 4th line of Lessio/Miele/Biz

I know what you say about Biz, (and I was his biggest naysayer) but when he's played this year, he's hitting and actually is a better cycler than both Chip and Halpern.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
18 years of cheering for the Phoenix Coyotes and tonight I get to see them live for the second time. Can't wait!
:handclap:

Only 22 tickets on StubHub for a Monday night game, I guess our intrepid little Coyotes are more popular in WPG than I realized. Hear tons of great things about the central Canada hockey scene ... who's up for the Winnipeg / Brandon / Regina / Prince Albert / Swift Current / Moose Jaw trip next season? :sarcasm:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Hope we lose until they realize doing the same exact thing every night isn't ****en working.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think I'll be physically ill if we lose this game.

It has nothing to do with it being the Jets, but with how we've been lately, I'm not sure how much more of this I can take.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site

Sigh...

Err, I'm not sure that would be the answer. They definitely need to get Rib some better line-mates than that. Korpikoski, aside from a few games where he was on, largely hasn't delivered what we hoped when we resigned him.

Schlemko isn't even playing on the right side. Not sure what's happening, but maybe DT has some personal issues with Rundblad, anything work ethic related? Anyone hearing anything from the locker room?

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Schlemko had 5 blocked shots last game he played, he was not terrible and he plays defense. If Runblad did either better he would be playing...
Actually he had 3 blocked shots last game but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

Schlemko isn't even playing on the right side. Not sure what's happening, but maybe DT has some personal issues with Rundblad, anything work ethic related? Anyone hearing anything from the locker room?
Schlemko is tied with Morris for third most blocked shots on the team despite playing in 2 less games. While he hasn't been a world beater, he's definitely been serviceable. The problem with Rundblad is that thus far he's been pretty one dimensional and unfortunately that one dimension hasn't been all that good (1 assist in 11 games). I think he will get better but right now it's really not THAT surprising that Schlemko is beating him out.

Last edited:

Longwayfromhome

Sweden/London, UK.
Oct 18, 2013

It sure looks that way. DT must have a very strong reason not to play him. And if he dislikes him so much that he wont even play with the currently situation on D, then i'm not sure he'll ever play under DT. Certainly not good for any part in this mess. A prospect rotting away and both his personal development and his value in a trade is diminishing by every day he's sitting in that pressbox.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Schlemko is tied with Morris for third most blocked shots on the team despite playing in 2 less games. While he hasn't been a world beater, he's definitely been serviceable. The problem with Rundblad is that thus far he's been pretty one dimensional and unfortunately that one dimension hasn't been all that good (1 assist in 11 games). I think he will get better but right now it's really not THAT surprising that Schlemko is beating him out.

You don't get better by sitting in the press-box. (Maybe for a game or two, to wake some player that's coasting up, not a dozen games at a time.) There is probably something more to this. Schlemko and Klesla right now are black holes in terms of the ability to move the puck effectively and be a threat from the point. That's a huge part of our problem in the last few games, getting hemmed in at key moments.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's nothing personal related. Tipp wants to shore up the defensive game and having to choose between Schlemko and Rundblad, the former gives the best chance to achieve that. If sure if he wanted more offense from the blueline, Rundblad would get a go.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd like to see Yandle-DMo promoted to top pairing, with OEL and Rundblad as the second. Puck movers work well with other puck movers. It's worth a shot, at this point. Give Rundblad his fair shot for a 10 game set (How Tip evaluates everyone) with a good partner and some good minutes. If he fails, he fails. It's a question that needs answering before the deadline.

Fully expect to see Schlemko flailing about out there tonight.

It's nothing personal related. Tipp wants to shore up the defensive game and having to choose between Schlemko and Rundblad, the former gives the best chance to achieve that. If sure if he wanted more offense from the blueline, Rundblad would get a go.

Moving the puck out of your zone is a defensive ability. Rundblad is better at that then the guys he is being scratched for. He also hits more, somehow. The problem isn't necessarily defense but overall puck posession. I don't see how Klesla or Schlemko help you in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad