GDT: GAME #45 | LEAFS @ CANUCKS | SUN APR 18 7PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Yup, Jumbo has been brutal for a while but the last few games he's surprisingly been throwing his weight around quite a bit; watching those games made me recognize that someone 6'4" 220lbs is pretty big.
I still stand by the notion that a guy like him, who is cup hungry, on his hometown team, in maybe the last year if his career...will be a factor come playoff time. We have a few guys on the team now that I don't think will go quietly into the night. We come up against teams like the Jets or Bruins (depending on how far we go)..big body guys who are willing to hit are going to be important. A reason why we valued a guy like Foligno over Hall. I think Dubas learned his lesson. Thornton I don't see sitting unless it's in this final stretch as "load management"

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
No mercy. Let's go.

I10MtiQ.png

The90

Feb 27, 2017
This is probably one of the best Leaf team I've seen in a long time, id be extremely disappointed if hurting someone's feelings take precedence over winning. Dress the best line up available
If only that was how it works lol

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I still stand by the notion that a guy like him, who is cup hungry, on his hometown team, in maybe the last year if his career...will be a factor come playoff time. We have a few guys on the team now that I don't think will go quietly into the night. We come up against teams like the Jets or Bruins (depending on how far we go)..big body guys who are willing to hit are going to be important. A reason why we valued a guy like Foligno over Hall. I think Dubas learned his lesson. Thornton I don't see sitting unless it's in this final stretch as "load management"

This happened to be a literal "fight" but yes I expect this to be the case, especially in the big crucial moments.

Definitely would not say the same about the series but this game was awesome, has to be one of my favorite Leafs games of all time.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Bodog has us as a -380 favourite right now. That’s the biggest favourite I’ve seen us as this season.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020

This happened to be a literal "fight" but yes I expect this to be the case, especially in the big crucial moments.

Definitely would not say the same about the series but this game was awesome, has to be one of my favorite Leafs games of all time.

Got chills watching that. I remember watching that game that fight changed the game and lead to the comeback, you don’t take a guy like that out of the lineup.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Pretty good opportunity for Kerfoot tonight centering Mikheyev & Hyman on that shutdown/defensive line; despite being the better player (than Engvall) that HEM line has put together something some really solid performances (e.x. that dominant stretch against McDavid & the Oilers).

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
That third line is a nightmare for teams to deal with. If the leafs are to have a chance, that third line is going to have to be the difference maker. Have to think Robertson and Simmonds come out once Nash and foligno are game ready. Not necessarily because I think they’re deserving of that, but because they’re easier to scratch than first ballot HOFer’s.

I prefer Thornton and Robertson are out come playoffs. Or, alternate Joe and Wayne after losses

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Kinda disappointed cuz we provably won’t see Liljegren in a game this season really wanted to see what we have in the guy

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
At least it'll force some of them to carry their own weight for a bit. I can't imagine Thornton took more than a hard stride or two each shift playing with Kerfoot.

I saw glimpses of play control last game when Joe and Wayne were on the same line. Whatever the reasons, I see some potential chemistry there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad