GDT: GAME #45 | LEAFS @ CANUCKS | SUN APR 18 7PM EST | SPORTSNET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
We are going to lose. Like Tavares first game back to the Isle or the Zamboni driver game, if we are expected to win, we'll find a way to lose.

Now hopefully that is a reverse jinx.

Reactions: CocoaDrink

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Love to see Matthews come back and reignite our powerplay. We need dangerous shots from the point and a better net front presence. Muzzin needs to hammer that slap shot of his.

Hoping Gally and Tavares continue their chemistry and Campbell can bounce back after all this doubt that has clouded him.

Just win. No excuses.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Huge game for Robertson. Foligno on the horizon, he needs to make it hard to take him out of the lineup as opposed to Thornton or Simmonds.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

Keefe needs Bubbles' prescriptions.
giphy.webp

Wtf is he seeing?

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
We are going to lose. Like Tavares first game back to the Isle or the Zamboni driver game, if we are expected to win, we'll find a way to lose.

Now hopefully that is a reverse jinx.
If the leafs were coming off a winning streak, I'd agree with you. But it's a 3 game losing streak. The boys will be hungry for easy pickings.

Reactions: CocoaDrink

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
How the league is forcing the Nucks to play is beyond me.

What a joke this is. Their players are at 70% at best, not to mention the risk of Leafs player catching the virus in this conditions.

Literally no reason to play.
What are they supposed to do? There's only so many days before playoffs are supposed to start and they can't be more condensed than they already will be.

Stopping the season or shortening it has revenue impacts and also screws up playoff races or draft lottery standings..

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
joe? Physical? What?
Like another poster stated, 13 hits in 3 games for Jumbo. He's been our most physical player the last few games. I agree he hasn't played the best hockey as a whole, but he's definitely been physical out there since he's been lowered in the lineup

Last edited:
Reactions: Confucius

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Go back a game and Joe has 15 hits in 4 games, he's on quite a tear.
Simmonds has 14 in those same 4 games funny enough. Joe also went 7-1 on the draw in those games. Both zero points in that stretch. Just need points on the board at some point.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Keefer thinks less of Engvalls play than a guy who’s done nothing in almost 20 games in zThornton. That’s how useless he see Engvall now i guess. Hard to debate otherwise
I’m thinking 8 goals for the Leafs tonight 8-2

Last edited:

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Like another poster stated, 13 hits in 3 games for Jumbo. He's been out most physical player the last few games. I agree he hasn't played the best hockey as a whole, but he's definitely been physical out there since he's been lowered in the lineup
Yup, Jumbo has been brutal for a while but the last few games he's surprisingly been throwing his weight around quite a bit; watching those games made me recognize that someone 6'4" 220lbs is pretty big.

Reactions: Nylander88

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
That third line is a nightmare for teams to deal with. If the leafs are to have a chance, that third line is going to have to be the difference maker. Have to think Robertson and Simmonds come out once Nash and foligno are game ready. Not necessarily because I think they’re deserving of that, but because they’re easier to scratch than first ballot HOFer’s.

This is probably one of the best Leaf team I've seen in a long time, id be extremely disappointed if hurting someone's feelings take precedence over winning. Dress the best line up available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad