Tarrana
LET'S GO

jgPqX6x.png

Predicted Lineup:

Updated (* new D pairing)

Last edited:

The90

Feb 27, 2017
That third line is a nightmare for teams to deal with. If the leafs are to have a chance, that third line is going to have to be the difference maker. Have to think Robertson and Simmonds come out once Nash and foligno are game ready. Not necessarily because I think they’re deserving of that, but because they’re easier to scratch than first ballot HOFer’s.

cgc83

30-HELENS-AGREE
Jul 8, 2018
leafs are going to win , they arent going to embarrass themselves against a team that hasnt been playing for weeks , leafs will get the win , eww david ayres , eww leaf melt downs , its a different leafs team than past ..leafs will win ... im pretty certain leafs win this game​

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Should be a freebie, but I hate that... its a lose lose in a way.

I came here to post the same thing. This will be a letdown no matter what. One of three things will happen:

- Blowout (should be). Ugh, feels bad beating up on a team in Vancouver's position.
- Win a close game. Ugh, feels bad ruining a feel-good story plus making it a close game that should be a blowout.
- Lose. Ugh with no explanation.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Need to get the PP going tonite

Matthews JT Marner
Nylander Reilly

Robertson Spezza Hyman
Galchenyuk Muzzin

Reactions: banks

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Anything short of a blowout would be an extreme disappointment. This is as good a time as any to experiment with the PP and try to get it going

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Welcome to this seasons Zamboni game folks. Predicting we let in 5 or more goals to a team fresh of their death beds.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
That third line is a nightmare for teams to deal with. If the leafs are to have a chance, that third line is going to have to be the difference maker. Have to think Robertson and Simmonds come out once Nash and foligno are game ready. Not necessarily because I think they’re deserving of that, but because they’re easier to scratch than first ballot HOFer’s.
Robertson ya. Maybe not deservedly so like you said, but he'll be out for Foligno in all likelihood. Don't see Nash getting Thornton (future HOFer like you said) or Simmonds scratched. Nash will be depth imo. Coming off injury into a new system come playoff time. He's a solid 4th liner, but it's not like he's a top 6 forward getting healthy. Simmonds is everything we've been lacking come playoff time, Dubas learned that, he'll be in. Thornton has too much respect in the league and is a great presence in the room from what every teammate has ever said. I think Foligno in will be the only playoff change imo. Tonight might be a preview of the lines, swap Robertson for the gritty vet Foligno and this could be the team. Nash likely sits on deck unless they need a spark or shakeup if things aren't going their way.
Galchenyuk-Matthews-Marner
Foligno-Tavares-Nylander
Hyman-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Thornton-Spezza-Simmonds
Nash

Tonight will be a trial to see if the old boys GTA line can work together or not

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Nice to see Robertson getting a run in the top 6 with some offensive talent and that 3rd line will be a nightmare to deal with

I don't love the 4th line, it's slow and lacks defensive ability

Fingers crossed we can sort out the PP in this game, jesus it's been painful to watch

LeafsGuy16

LeafsGuy16
Sep 4, 2018
Looking forward to the game tonight. Hope the boys start on time and show a good effort. If they do that, the two points should be in the bag.

Excited to see Robertson get a shot in the top 6 - I think this his first opportunity starting there if I’m not mistaken? I also hope that Keefe sticks with it for the full game, sometimes you just need to let it ride for the full 60.

I’m of the opinion that Robertson could be a viable option on the fourth line for the playoffs. I get the ELC and only playing 8-9 mins per night. But, I think he has the potential to be a spark plug the way no one else can, and contribute to some big goals a la Kapanen vs Washington.

Robertson will be in tough though for a spot. I think Spezza is a lock and the final spots are open to Nash/Thornton/Simmonds/Engvall/Robertson. Only way that changes is if Galchenyuk plays himself out and opens a spot up for multiple of the above skaters.

Forward depth chart (in order of how I think the leafs brass views it):

Matthews
Marner/Tavares
Nylander/Hyman
Foligno
Kerfoot/Mikheyev/Spezza/Galchenyuk
Nash/Thornton/Simmonds
Engvall/Robertson

Positional needs will obviously impact things - but I think this is what the depth chart looks like - right or wrong.

Reactions: Leafsfan74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad