8469608.jpg
|
8471227.jpg

Notes and such:
:banghead:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
No need to tank. We'll have a top 3 draft pick for sure, and there's no generational player in this year's draft, IIRC.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Tippett will continue to try to win. It will just look like a **** poor tank. The only difference is we won't lose out on a generational talent this time.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
There are great top line players that come from drafts previously thought of as weak all the time so I'm not really moved by this as a reason not to tank. Formally "tanking" as such is a mistake because we have talent on the roster to develop right now and the lottery odds changes are pretty horrible.

But this is academic anyway because we don't have to try :dunce:

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Just looking for light at the end of the tunnel..
That from the perspective someone whose had the best time of his life over the last 5 years watching this sport, in this city.
taking my time, Im even going to talk and old widow into letting this old widower fly her here from a farm in Indiana for her first game...well, Its going to take time.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
“We’re not going to tell you it’s ‘Hockey the Hard Way.’ We are going to show you.”

At least one part of the open letter was ironically true :dunno:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No need to tank. We'll have a top 3 draft pick for sure, and there's no generational player in this year's draft, IIRC.

I'm no expert, but I thought based on our current position in the standings we are only guaranteed to pick no lower than 5th.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No. They'll blame the players. If things just really get embarrassing for them, and I mean like monumental stink like the past month, then they'll fire or demote Chayka in the offseason and say, "we gave it a try; we just made too many mistakes putting together the roster". He will be the sacrificial lamb. All the talk about Tippett having final say on roster decisions will be forgotten, and the new line will be "Tippett put too much trust in John's version of fancy stats. It just didn't work. Of course we were bad. Look af that roster. All Chayka's doing".

I could stomach this record if the team looked "emotionally engaged", and we weren't experimenting with the youth instead of simply allowing them to grow into a role, and if I thought they were tanking. I don't think they had any clue they were going to be this bad. Dave Tippett isn't a long term guy, much less a tanker. It's the incompetank 2.0. I think they thought they were just good goaltending away from a bubble playoff team. They are not good evaluators. This disaster is totally unplanned. The fact that I think this has happened twice is very concerning to me.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If Minnesota drops 10 goals on us in a shut out, do owners and managers start looking at Tippett as a problem?

No. The owners and managers are busy trying to squeeze water from a stone in the AZ legislature to subsidize their new Tempe arena, and trying to convince ASU that they're gonna be a great partner, the best, really YUUUUUUGE for the University.

The absolute last thing on their minds is whether they should fire the guy they just extended long-term.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wouldn't it be nice...

Perlini - Burmistrov - Vrbata
Crouse - Dvorak - Duclair
Rieder - Holland - Doan
McGinn - Jooris - Martinook​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad