GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Los Angeles | 4/18 10:30PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not sure why Richards hasn't flipped Johansen and Letestu a bit more to give a different look. Johansen has looked good with Gaborik in the brief times they are allowed to be on the ice at the same time. That top line has been cold. I know I saw Dubinsky up there for a shift or two here and there or was that just a partial line change?

It shows confidence in your team to keep them together, but we've got to get a bit more strategy out there in an attempt to give the other teams a bit of a different look.

Normally I'd say its madness to switch up lines with only 3 games left, but two of the lines- Foligno-Johan-Umby and Vinny-Letestu-Gabby are looking stale. And we'll likely be without Calvert, and we'll get Arty back. We should have plenty of time for practice in the next week, too.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Normally I'd say its madness to switch up lines with only 3 games left, but two of the lines- Foligno-Johan-Umby and Vinny-Letestu-Gabby are looking stale. And we'll likely be without Calvert, and we'll get Arty back. We should have plenty of time for practice in the next week, too.

I was talking more in game adjustments. If Anisimov is back, it's moot.

mnblueliner

Mar 24, 2013
At least I see Richards making some in-game adjustments. The other team I follow is the Wild and I don't think coach Mike Yeo makes an adjustment in or out of games unless he has no choice (as in missing players). Still Yeo is OK- so was Richards when he coached the Wild but he was the designated fall guy for a crummy team. Since then, it seems like Richards has grown and improved... that's good for the Jackets as he seems to coach better each year.

Hopefully Anisimov is back and the Jackets can get some chemistry on the line combos right away.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Saw in twitter that Anisimov didn't skate today. That screams concussion setback to me. I haven't seen anything official but you have to think him not skating means he's a no go for tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad