GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Los Angeles | 4/18 10:30PM EDT

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
They looked really tired ... a couple of days off before San Jose should be a big help. Can't lose any more games if they are to get in ... there is just no room for error.

Yep....looks that way. Not sure if 2-0-1 (54 points) gets us there. Might be a stretch with us in tiebreaker hell.

Hey Vancouver.....would you please beat freaking detroit. Please. It's not too much to ask playing at home and all.

The best scenario would be for Dallas to come back down to earth for the next 3 games (all tough) then beat Detroit. The Wings seem to have the inside track now.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Too bad, but their legs had to give out at some point. I expected that to happen as early as in Minnesota, so I'm pleasantly surprised that we managed to mount a 3-1 record so far in a tough trip.

The guys get a couple of days off so they should bring it on come next contest.

Though Dallas won, Minnesota lost. We're still well in the race.
Nothing matters other than Detroit and Dallas. We are not going to catch and pass somebody with more points and 2 games in hand when we only have 3 left.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I think we still have the inside track... Just me?

Dallas and Detroit have the inside track. Whichever one wins out makes the playoffs as the 8 seed; there's almost zero chance that Minnesota falls this far back, and that Detroit helps out.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I think this team can win their last 3. We've dominated the Sharks this year, Nashville doesn't care anymore... If any would be a problem, it would be Dallas. I also think that Detroit is getting weaker as the weeks go on, and they'll lose to VAN. If Detroit loses to Vancouver, what will everyone think then?

Amazing how after 1 hard fought loss, many jump off the believe train.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Tough loss, the Jackets played hard but bottom line, when Prout is the only guy with a goal it does bode well.. Quick was good tonight but I was hoping a guy as Gaborik could have tied it up....

We had to lose a game at some point, need to win the last three now unless Detroit tanks...

Last edited:

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Yep, Jackets still needed tons of help even with winning out and now it's just about impossible.

Need to go 3-0 probably. I think we get there with 55 unless the wings go crazy.

54 points is the ultimate over/under for a playoff spot. Don't think it would be enough. But it might.

I have a hard time seeing the stars keeping pace. Who knows though? The canucks did us no favors tonight and the Blues can't score at all (they play coming up).

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm seriously disappointed with our poor passing, Vinny especially had a bad game in that regard I think. And I don't like our dump-and-chase in seemingly every situation. We had 3 on 2's where we just dumped it behind Quick, and I think part of it is that the guys don't trust each other to finish plays on the rush, perhaps because of poor passing.

I'm seriously impressed with our ability to win puck battles and harass the other team into turnovers. We get to the weak side fast and never give them space to clear it.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Late to the party but what did Dubinsky exactly do at the end? I know a huge scrum took place but he got a 10 minute misconduct and a match penalty. A possible suspension?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I have a hard time seeing the stars keeping pace. Who knows though? The canucks did us no favors tonight and the Blues can't score at all (they play coming up).

Lehtonen has been nearly equal to Bobrovsky this year. If he's in net, Dallas always stands a chance.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
I think this team can win their last 3. We've dominated the Sharks this year, Nashville doesn't care anymore... If any would be a problem, it would be Dallas. I also think that Detroit is getting weaker as the weeks go on, and they'll lose to VAN. If Detroit loses to Vancouver, what will everyone think then?

Amazing how after 1 hard fought loss, many jump off the believe train.

Oh please, the 8 teams with the most points make the playoffs, nothing we can do about that.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Late to the party but what did Dubinsky exactly do at the end? I know a huge scrum took place but he got a 10 minute misconduct and a match penalty. A possible suspension?

IIRC, Dubinsky was jostling with Doughty when he turtled, and Dubinsky maybe took a second too long to let up on him.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's amazing the boys played as well as they did given how tired they must have been. I'm pretty optimistic for the last three games. The only thing now is that it's not entirely in our hands anymore. If one of Detroit or Dallas gets 8 points in their remaining five games, it doesn't matter what we do.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
well, they played well I thought, you could just see how gassed they were. They had some pretty decent chances. In LA, and the Kings needed a shoddily-given 4 on 3 PP to get one of the goals.

Can't stand Carter more and more.

It's going to be tough, and it's going to suck if the longshot doesn't come in, but these guys really are great.

What's up with Calvert, though? I wasn't able to listen where I was watching.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
well, they played well I thought, you could just see how gassed they were. They had some pretty decent chances. In LA, and the Kings needed a shoddily-given 4 on 3 PP to get one of the goals.

Can't stand Carter more and more.

It's going to be tough, and it's going to suck if the longshot doesn't come in, but these guys really are great.

What's up with Calvert, though? I wasn't able to listen where I was watching.

At the end of the post game, I believe they said he has a broken finger. I would imagine out indefinitely.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tonight in TSN's TH2N "The Breakdown" Dave Reid showed how the Rangers created so much offence tonight. He focused on their vision on the cycle. Essentially they just kept their heads up to look for teammates in the slot, and then found them.

I don't think the Jackets do well enough in this regard. We force a lot of turnovers and we have the puck on the cycle a lot, but I see a lot of guys with their heads down just chipping it back and forth along the boards. I'm not sure if it would have helped tonight because the Kings rarely let us get control, but when we do have it I'd like more guys posting in the slot and the puckcarriers with their heads up.

Foligno (my favorite) is a guy who I'll call out in this regard. He usually has his head down which limits his vision. He is a good passer when he looks for it, but misses opportunities because he's too hunched down to see.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
One last post - Kings fans are saying Dubi got the match penalty for sucker punching Doughty. Doughty apparently had to see the doctor. They expect a suspension.

But then the video surfaces, and it shows Doughty suckerpunching Dubi in the back of the head, and then turtling.

Last edited:

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Looked to me like Doughty got Dubi first, then Dubi blasts him in the face when he turns around. Doughty comes out looking like a major ***** in this.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
One last post - Kings fans are saying Dubi got the match penalty for sucker punching Doughty. Doughty apparently had to see the doctor. They expect a suspension.

But then the video surfaces, and it shows Doughty suckerpunching Dubi in the back of the head, and then turtling.

Looked to me like Doughty got Dubi first, then Dubi blasts him in the face when he turns around. Doughty comes out looking like a major ***** in this.

So what you're saying is Dubinsky is going to receive an 8 game suspension

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
No pleasant surprise this morning. From reading a bit here and a full write up on tsn it looks like two of our biggest problems reared their ugly heads-no pp and a lack of offense. I read we had 7 shots in the first 30 minutes? I know we can't win them all and 2-1 isn't a rout but those two problems aren't going away.

Sucks about Calvert. Sounds like he could be done for the last 3.

2 days to rest up and then we have to beat SJ for the third straight time. Oy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->