GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Los Angeles | 4/18 10:30PM EDT

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think this team can win their last 3. We've dominated the Sharks this year, Nashville doesn't care anymore... If any would be a problem, it would be Dallas. I also think that Detroit is getting weaker as the weeks go on, and they'll lose to VAN. If Detroit loses to Vancouver, what will everyone think then?

Amazing how after 1 hard fought loss, many jump off the believe train.

The weird thing is that even though Detroit lost to Calgary all games this year.. they dominated Vancouver in both games this year. 8-3 and 5-2 wins. Wings often play hard the top teams and take easily the lighter teams.. or at least it seems like it.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Tonight in TSN's TH2N "The Breakdown" Dave Reid showed how the Rangers created so much offence tonight. He focused on their vision on the cycle. Essentially they just kept their heads up to look for teammates in the slot, and then found them.

I don't think the Jackets do well enough in this regard. We force a lot of turnovers and we have the puck on the cycle a lot, but I see a lot of guys with their heads down just chipping it back and forth along the boards. I'm not sure if it would have helped tonight because the Kings rarely let us get control, but when we do have it I'd like more guys posting in the slot and the puckcarriers with their heads up.

Foligno (my favorite) is a guy who I'll call out in this regard. He usually has his head down which limits his vision. He is a good passer when he looks for it, but misses opportunities because he's too hunched down to see.

Except NYRs are 24th in league scoring...not really the offensive role model....I think the rout was more because they were playing rested, at home, against league bottom dweller Florida. I doubt they are 3-1 on our road trip.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
So now that I'm up and rolling this morning, has Savard been sent back to Springfield yet? he should have been on a red eye last night after the game.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Anyone think that Boone Jenner gets called up this am, since Calvert has some type of injury, or is that too much baptism by fire ?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Jenner will not come up this year...if we call someone up its gonna be Drazzy or Collins I would guess

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Except NYRs are 24th in league scoring...not really the offensive role model....I think the rout was more because they were playing rested, at home, against league bottom dweller Florida. I doubt they are 3-1 on our road trip.

It's amazing how much your head comes up and your vision improves when you get open ice to work with.

Jackets played hard and it was admirable. But offensively, they looked like they were playing the second night of a back to back. This was probably a game in which Richards should have shortened up the bench quite a bit in the third. I'll have to watch it again and I was quickly skipping past some of the third as I didn't stay up to watch the third after the previous night. But it seemed to me we were pretty much running out the same lines that weren't doing anything.

I'm not sure why Richards hasn't flipped Johansen and Letestu a bit more to give a different look. Johansen has looked good with Gaborik in the brief times they are allowed to be on the ice at the same time. That top line has been cold. I know I saw Dubinsky up there for a shift or two here and there or was that just a partial line change?

It shows confidence in your team to keep them together, but we've got to get a bit more strategy out there in an attempt to give the other teams a bit of a different look.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
If Dubinsky gets a suspenson, that would suggest complete bias. Doughty coldcocked Dubi in the back of the head while in the scrum and when it was time to answer to Dubi, Doughty went into the fetal position.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I MAY have taken a nap prior to the game intending to watch it and I MAY have wound up sleeping through it. Oops. Sucks we lost and it really sucks to hear about Matty.

Zoo16

Bye West,Hello East!
Oct 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
If Dubinsky gets a suspenson, that would suggest complete bias. Doughty coldcocked Dubi in the back of the head while in the scrum and when it was time to answer to Dubi, Doughty went into the fetal position.

Let's not kid ourselves. Hitting a guy in the back of the head with a gloved fist and hitting someone in the face without gloves are two totally different things. Was Doughty a little b**** for jumping Dubi? Yes. But I expect Dubi to get a game or two.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Anyone think that Boone Jenner gets called up this am, since Calvert has some type of injury, or is that too much baptism by fire ?

CBJ Prospects ‏@CBJProspects 1m
Name to keep in mind to fill in for Calvert. Spencer Machacek. But callup won’t happen til after tomorrow’s game IMO #sayBooneandiwillblocku

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Let's not kid ourselves. Hitting a guy in the back of the head with a gloved fist and hitting someone in the face without gloves are two totally different things. Was Doughty a little b**** for jumping Dubi? Yes. But I expect Dubi to get a game or two.

I'm not even sure Doughty intended to punch Dubi. I think it's possible he was trying to reach around him, which is what he did after the "punch." That said, I'm glad Brandon took offense. Not sure how his gloves came off in that scrum or if he thought he was being targeted, but it looked like he got a good one in on Doughty. Unfortunately for Dubi, Doughty still had his gloves on and was not facing him at the time, so yeah, there might be some additional discipline in the offing.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio

The video leads me to believe Doughty got Dubinsky pretty good in the back of the head, then tries to skate back out of the scrum. Dubinsky drops the gloves, that might get him in trouble, but Doughty is writing checks he can't cash it seems.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
After watching that video many times, I jumped to a conclusion. Dubi did get a punch in w/o glove on. I missed that when I reviewed my dvr earlier. I retract what I said about bias.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Went to bed after the 2nd.

WTF Dubinsky? Possibly the dumbest thing to do in a playoff chase.

Edit: After viewing that a few times, I've decided Dubinsky shouldn't be suspended. He didn't really throw any punches once Doughty turtled. But it still looked like he was going to Bertuzzi Doughty there.

Last edited:

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
The video leads me to believe Doughty got Dubinsky pretty good in the back of the head, then tries to skate back out of the scrum. Dubinsky drops the gloves, that might get him in trouble, but Doughty is writing checks he can't cash it seems.

Doughty's one career fight looked like this.

My feeling on him is the same as it is with Kirk Maltby. If you're not going to drop the gloves (for whatever reason), quit playing like a *****.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
“@Aportzline: #CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen has been informed by #NHL that the match penalty given to Brandon Dubinsky at final buzzer has been rescinded.”

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The league got something right

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m
#CBJ GM Jarmo Kekalainen has been informed by #NHL that the match penalty given to Brandon Dubinsky at final buzzer has been rescinded.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
(snip)

I'm not sure why Richards hasn't flipped Johansen and Letestu a bit more to give a different look. Johansen has looked good with Gaborik in the brief times they are allowed to be on the ice at the same time. That top line has been cold. I know I saw Dubinsky up there for a shift or two here and there or was that just a partial line change?

(snip)

It seems like Johansen gets paired with Gaborik only when the team is coming out of a PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad