GDT: Game 45 | Bruins vs Rangers 1/15 7PM NESN, NHLN-US, TVA, SN360, SNO, 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Have to change our password every 30 days at work. Since I've gone through all the significant numerical numbers and the word "Bruins" I could think of, in a time of disappointing play I came up with Bruins:-( as my password. B's are now 4-0. Funny how that works.

Anyways, really looking forward to this game. Here we go Bruins, here we go! :clap::clap:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Beating the Rangers would be a key in staying in the top 8.

Bruins could possibly catch the Wings but being honest they're fighting for one of those wildcards along with the Rangers at the moment.

I'm fixing pasta tonight for dinner-maybe a little Pasta will result in a win.

Rangers going with their back up may be bad news though-guess AV has learned the Bruins make back up goalies look like Vezina winners.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Have to change our password every 30 days at work. Since I've gone through all the significant numerical numbers and the word "Bruins" I could think of, in a time of disappointing play I came up with Bruins:-( as my password. B's are now 4-0. Funny how that works.

Anyways, really looking forward to this game. Here we go Bruins, here we go! :clap::clap:

Never change your tagline!

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
UGE game. I repeat. UGE

We need every point we can get against these teams ahead of us with games in hand. Gotta make em count. We play the Rangers 3 more times, TB 3 more times, FLA 3 more times. Need those wins. The rest of our schedule looks tough too, we have our work cut our for us.

Let's get that 5th win in a row! Let 88 run wild.
The Rangers may have gotten shutout at home against the Isles but they have won 13 of their last 15.
Ya that aint a typo, they won 8 in a row. B's need to beat teams like this if they want to get into the playoffs

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Very excited for this game.

The Rangers are a great team, line after line comes at you with speed....LW Nash, Kreider, Hagelin is a handful. It will be interesting to see if the B's defense will be able to make plays with the puck. McDonagh is one of my favorite players in the league to watch when he retrieves the puck and distributes it. Good thing for the Gomez trade.

Tonight the Bruins should have a big advantage at the center position with Stepan out.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Anyway tonight is one of those games where you want to see a Bruins player (Miller, Lucic, McQuaid, Chara) really put a good hit on a Ranger to get the crowd into it in the first few minutes. The Rangers are a pretty strict between the whistles team and you might be able to get them off their game.

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Damn is it exciting on game day when the bruins are rolling. looking forward to a great game. feeling an awesome game from tuukka, lucic and PASTA. 3-1 W. Go b's

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Somebody tweeted this to Haggs, and I kinda like it: The Lucic-Krejci-Pasta line should be called the "Davids and Goliath" line. :laugh:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Lines in practice remain the same

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins · 9m 9 minutes ago

Lines:
Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Cunningham

Boston Bruins@NHLBruins · 10m 10 minutes ago

Defense same:
Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-McQuaid
Krug-Miller

acr*

Anyway tonight is one of those games where you want to see a Bruins player (Miller, Lucic, McQuaid, Chara) really put a good hit on a Ranger to get the crowd into it in the first few minutes. The Rangers are a pretty strict between the whistles team and you might be able to get them off their game.

I was thinking the same thing. For some reason, I have an image in my head of Lucic smoking McDonaugh and the Rangers having no response. Lucic is not a fan of McDonaugh.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Multi goal games for the Bruins this year:

Marchand - 3
Pastrnak - 2
Bergeron - 1
Eriksson - 1
Lucic - 1
Smith - 1
Hamilton - 1
Griffith - 1

Pastrnak has 2 in 8 games, which is already the second most on the team. Wowza. :laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Probably going to miss most of this unfortunately. I feel like a load of crap (fever, headache, congestion) so I'll be holed up in my apartment which has the world's worst wifi.

But this is a huge game. Winning this would definitely be a huge step towards showing we mean business. Ranger's are an incredibly hot team right now, but Stepan is out tonight and they're playing Talbot I believe. Definitely an opportunistic game. Also Pasta's time to show he belongs up here.

Clodefish, Sooshi and Charlie Jacobs. The three good luck charms. Let's keep it up!

Go Bs!

acr*

Yes - we can play him tonight and send him back to Providence afterwards. But the very next game he plays with Boston, a year off his ELC is burned.

I'll get the matches. I pray he scores again tonight, if for no other reason than the seeds of doubt are not sewn here.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Great GDT Sooshii!!!

This will be a tough test for the B's, but looking for Pasta and the boys to pull out a victory.

Most of the Bruins games have been a snoozefest this season, but Pasta has turned that around and makes something exciting happen every time he is on the ice. Absolutely love this kid and the skills he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad