GDT: Game 44: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 4/21/21 10:00pm EST TSN2, RDs (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Chiasson apologized, it was an accident, just bad luck. And in truth, Allen has been better than Price anyway so not a big loss for the stretch run.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The situation is getting bad.

Vancouver could very well pass Montreal with their games in hands.... they had 2 win over toronto and are playing really well with a lot of momentum.
Calgary is out of the question IMO, but Vancouver could very well get to MTL if they don't start to win...

This is not looking good boys

Habs won't win much games from now on.
They generate nothing offensively and are trying to win games by the score of 1-0 while not having the D to do so.
There is no sign of improvement and the coaches are lost.
They will be lucky to win 1 game out of 5 IMO.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
There is no way Suzuki, Weber, JK, Drouin, Danault, Leks and others should be stuck on their pathetic output levels. We never change the system, its always the same thing year after year. The PP never changes, it always stinks. We are an easy team to figure out. The first 10 games the guys were playing with 'freedom' and moving the puck to all areas of the ice.

I'm not saying we are contenders , but the system is broke and never changes. Dump/chase... dump/chase... Oh and we still don't have a number 1 Center after 10 years of our wonderful GM looking for it.
How many years in a row did Montreal start the season off strong? It's not even the same players in our lineup, but it's always the same scenario. Do the players reach their peak condition faster than other teams, hence slow down sooner? Is it a physical conditioning issue? The question should be asked, because our play has fallen off the cliff, and I won't point the finger at every single coach that was brought in. I have a hard time believing every single Habs coach had a hard time modifying the system and adapting it to neutralize the opposing team.

That's my two cents at trying to understand why this team crumbles year after year.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Habs won't win much games from now on.
They generate nothing offensively and are trying to win games by the score of 1-0 while not having the D to do so.
There is no sign of improvement and the coaches are lost.
They will be lucky to win 1 game out of 5 IMO.
Good. There are some good defencemen available if they can get a high pick. Its Rebuild time. I'm officially on the train. I'm done with these clowns and the lack of effort. Time for some super star talent. It's been too long.

Reactions: Shabs

expy

Nov 2, 2010
The situation is getting bad.

Vancouver could very well pass Montreal with their games in hands.... they had 2 win over toronto and are playing really well with a lot of momentum.
Calgary is out of the question IMO, but Vancouver could very well get to MTL if they don't start to win...

This is not looking good boys
Is that really a bad situation though?

Shouldn't bad teams not make the playoffs?

Reactions: Shabs

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The Canucks are much more likely to catch us.
Last night the Canucks played a Leafs team that was playing in its 5th game in 8 days.

Canucks are just back from being off for 10 days...

Let's wait to see when the schedule catches up to the Canucks first.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
How many years in a row did Montreal start the season off strong? It's not even the same players in our lineup, but it's always the same scenario. Do the players reach their peak condition faster than other teams, hence slow down sooner? Is it a physical conditioning issue? The question should be asked, because our play has fallen off the cliff, and I won't point the finger at every single coach that was brought in. I have a hard time believing every single Habs coach had a hard time modifying the system and adapting it to neutralize the opposing team.

That's my two cents at trying to understand why this team crumbles year after year.

Simple, they have not had a #1 C in over a decade, and all offense in the NHL is generated down the middle. The PP can't get set up, the offense has nowhere to go when you can't win a draw in either zone. A low IQ GM understands this, so not sure why Bergevin hasn't figured it out yet, he meets all qualifications of a low IQ individual.

He gambled wrong on Kotkaniemi, he was never a #1 C, and if you can't get a #1 C with your 3rd overall pick you take the BPA which was never this kid, it was Hughes, and yes probably Tkachuk. You don't send a young Stud like Sergachev from your future for a player that isn't a #1 C. His brainfart gambles work once in a blue moon, Suzuki is a #2 two C down the road, Petry worked out well.. but we have no #1C depth down the middle to show for his tenure here.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Everything point to a leadership issue. There is something smelly in that locker room/organization and it's been there for years, if not decades.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Maybe, but the team in general was better across the board earlier this season and in previous seasons in a lot of areas. They used to not score because they didn't have guys that could finish. They're not scoring now because they're not getting chances. Coaching plays a big role in that.

You can blame Bergevin for his middle of the road approach, drafting or lack of PMD, but this team is much better than their performance thus far. Ducharme probably isn't getting his interim tag removed with how he has them going.

Not sure i agree with that. Center line is one of the worst in the whole league. Yes Suzuki and JK are good young kids we hope will improve but right now we have no center able to do more than 50 points in 82 games which is very very weak atm specially considering they need to play 18+ minutes to actually reach 50 points in 82 games. Again Suzuki and JK are young and that's fine but atm like right now they are not strong centers able to compete against veterans. The left side of the defense is among the bottom 5. We have no 1st pairing LHD and our 2nd pairing LHD are on the weak side. Price is not a vezina goalie anymore. Right side of the defense and the wings are good but certainly not strong enough to overcome the deficiencies of this team.

Reactions: RandR

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Lack of talent, so they have to outwork their opponents to win.
That can work for a short period of time. However, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
This is a sad day. For the first time since the pre-Kovalev lull, I will not watch the Habs game in spite of being free to do so this evening. I just can't bring myself to care about this bunch of losers anymore...the boring anemic offense has broken my will. I'm not watching another game until Caufield debuts.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Simple, they have not had a #1 C in over a decade, and all offense in the NHL is generated down the middle. The PP can't get set up, the offense has nowhere to go when you can't win a draw in either zone. A low IQ GM understands this, so not sure why Bergevin hasn't figured it out yet, he meets all qualifications of a low IQ individual.

He gambled wrong on Kotkaniemi, he was never a #1 C, and if you can't get a #1 C with your 3rd overall pick you take the BPA which was never this kid, it was Hughes, and yes probably Tkachuk. You don't send a young Stud like Sergachev from your future for a player that isn't a #1 C. His brainfart gambles work once in a blue moon, Suzuki is a #2 two C down the road, Petry worked out well.. but we have no #1C depth down the middle to show for his tenure here.
Easy to look back now and say that. Hughes was not ranked near 3, and another small D was the last thing on our menu at that time. Zadina would have been the consensus pick and people would be complaining about him right now too.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Easy to look back now and say that. Hughes was not ranked near 3, and another small D was the last thing on our menu at that time. Zadina would have been the consensus pick and people would be complaining about him right now too.

Zadina was far from a consensus.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Lack of talent, so they have to outwork their opponents to win.
That can work for a short period of time. However, the season is a marathon, not a sprint.
Hard work and out working your competition goes a long way but when a more talented team works just as hard....you ain't winning

Reactions: RandR and Ozmodiar

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
So, do we root for a victory or for a loss?

'Cause we have plenty of officers waiting on the wing to become full on Tank Commanders...

Still hope the boys come to plays tonight

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Our scouts have failed the team miserably the last 10 years in the first round, or Bergevin has overruled them. Either way, the entire crew should be sent packing, its long overdue.

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad