GDT: Game 44: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 4/21/21 10:00pm EST TSN2, RDs (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
y5M3fAU.jpg

eMqrtss.jpg

gaRln0B.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen him as emotional as he was when he scored last night. That drought against Montreal was weighing on him.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, but I just don't see it. The habs just can't seem to keep up with any team anymore. Last night, they were fine for 40 minutes, but the oilers were skating circles around them by the 3rd period.

They look like a team in need of a break, but there is nothing coming from now to the end. I guess the hope would be that other teams legs begin to fall off to their level but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I don't think I've ever seen him as emotional as he was when he scored last night. That drought against Montreal was weighing on him.

I wish I could be as optimistic as you are, but I just don't see it. The habs just can't seem to keep up with any team anymore. Last night, they were fine for 40 minutes, but the oilers were skating circles around them by the 3rd period.

They look like a team in need of a break, but there is nothing coming from now to the end. I guess the hope would be that other teams legs begin to fall off to their level but I'm not holding my breath.

I believe this team is much better than they are showing and it's brutal for the NHL not to make adjustments to the schedule. A game every 2-3 days is just too much to ask, and Montreal/Vancouver are paying for... getting Covid. Why punish the team? Then they are punished with the stupid cap recall structure, which they should get relief from after going through the covid protocol. Just stupid.

They are like the walking dead out there, they need a rest.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Thanks for the GDT donghabs98

This is where I would say go habs go...
:rolleyes:

Hopefuly Laval gets Caufield back for this evening's game. Atleast that would get us entertained before watching this train wreck of a team.
He won’t be back in Laval in time or playing in any game soon.

Reactions: Holystik

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
KK with Lehky and Byron again ? :huh:

Great, he will develop his offensive game nicely.

Can't wait for the end of the Habs Circus.
It is rare for a player to develop a offensive game, while playing in the NHL. It does happen, but rarely. If you wanted KK to have a great offensive game . The only way to do that, was obviously to send him back to Finland. Habs chose to prevent KK from being a scorer in NHL, when they had him play NHL hockey as an 18year old.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
We all expect the Habs to get blown out and that’s when they fool us all and win. Usually in a big way. There’s bad blood between these two teams now and I’d be surprised (and upset truth be told) if someone doesn’t go after Chiasson for the Price concussion. Kassian was running around last game too, had words with Anderson a couple of times, so I figure he’ll likely be involved as well. Wouldn’t mind someone knocking both his remaining teeth out either.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It is rare for a player to develop a offensive game, while playing in the NHL. It does happen, but rarely. If you wanted KK to have a great offensive game . The only way to do that, was obviously to send him back to Finland. Habs chose to prevent KK from being a scorer in NHL, when they had him play NHL hockey as an 18year old.
It’s the equivalent of sending him to the AHL playing with those guys, does that count?

Reactions: Rapala

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
So, this is the hit that caused Price to experience a concussion. Price is well within the blue paint when the hit by Chiasson happened.

Seems it was more likely the puck to the head. If this indeed was the cause, he's done. How on earth would he even be able to drive to the Bell center with those atrocious roads? pretty sure one can get more throttled by driving than that brush up.:facepalm:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
I believe this team is much better than they are showing and it's brutal for the NHL not to make adjustments to the schedule. A game every 2-3 days is just too much to ask, and Montreal/Vancouver are paying for... getting Covid. Why punish the team? Then they are punished with the stupid cap recall structure, which they should get relief from after going through the covid protocol. Just stupid.

They are like the walking dead out there, they need a rest.
Do you know how often I've read posters write this exact sentence (underlined and bolded) in the previous seasons??
This team started the season with a whopping seven wins in 10 games, amassing points in nine out of those first ten. Since then, 12 wins in 31 games. You blaming the NHL and the schedule is ridiculous and inaccurate, as the team started breaking down at the beginning of the month of February (more precisely after losing to Ottawa).
What this team requires is an entire offseason to rest and rebuild this mess of a lineup. Until then, they'll be like a racing car trying to reach the finish line on fumes and a punctured tire.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
And Vancouver beat the Leafs again and with their games in hand could catch the Habs if they of course win them all....so this team cannot loose anymore points.

Go! Canucks! Go!

The Habs getting thrown out of the playoffs is what the team needs long-term.

Saying that, until Molson sell the club to someone who's not just interested in brand selling, nothing will really change even if the GM and under get replaced.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Price has been diagnosed with a concussion, and that contact caused the concussion ?

OMG. In all honesty, if that caused a concussion , I have no idea how Price can ever return.

He received a slap shot to the head just after that. It's much more likely to be coming from this.

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
If Vacouver goes 2-2 over their next 4 they're only 4 points back. I can't see this team defending a 4 point lead over a 13 game stretch without Gally.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad