GDT: Game 44: Montreal Canadiens vs Edmonton Oilers 4/21/21 10:00pm EST TSN2, RDs (HD), TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
So, this is the hit that caused Price to experience a concussion. Price is well within the blue paint when the hit by Chiasson happened.

That didn't look like a severe head shot and I do realize that it is in slow motion but it doesn't look bad. I noticed Weber cruising into the shot, he must have beat Chiasson to a pulp for doing that, or was it just a big stare?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Price has been diagnosed with a concussion, and that contact caused the concussion ?

OMG. In all honesty, if that caused a concussion , I have no idea how Price can ever return.

You can get concussed from a slap. A concussion is a caused by some kind of blow that causes your brain to shake basically. You will never know from watching a replay what impact was done to the brain.
You don't know what equipment Chiasson has, how hard it is, what is the feeling from having his 6'4 210lbs solid frame along with equipment hit your head as you don't expect it.
Price also continued to play where he is regularly required to make sharp movements due to the speed of the game, which likely worsened his condition.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It is rare for a player to develop a offensive game, while playing in the NHL. It does happen, but rarely. If you wanted KK to have a great offensive game . The only way to do that, was obviously to send him back to Finland. Habs chose to prevent KK from being a scorer in NHL, when they had him play NHL hockey as an 18year old.
What?...lol
Even guys like McDavid improved their offensive game in the NHL. Most of NHLers have slow entries as rookies and develop their game to where they hit a peak 3-4-5+ years into the league.
For that to happen, they need offensive opportunities, good linemates, high usage.

Reactions: RandR

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
onWqDZv.jpg

Hahaha!

In seriousness, I think DD is in over his head. It's not that I'm giving a free pass, but it's the management that really F'd him over in terms of line-up flexibility. One remaining call-up from the taxi squad, missing one of his top forwards, starting goalie and top-4 defencemen for a stretch... well, that last one about Chiarot had to make me laugh saying that out loud, but on this sad sack of a team, he is a top-4 guy...

Sorry for saying "What else can possibly go wrong" on Sunday...

but... what else can... ?

We play Calgary 3 games in a row after tonight, including a back to back. On the plus side, both teams are subject to the same schedule for the next three. However, after that, we only play one non-playoff team, Ottawa, who have been giving us fits all year.

Calgary plays Ottawa and Vancouver to finish the season. If we don't win 2/3 or sweep Calgary this weekend, well, it's gonna be really nerve wracking to end the year.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
This game tonight is why we got Perry. If he isn't all in Smith's kitchen, throwing him off, then I'm not sure why he should even suit up.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Hahaha!

In seriousness, I think DD is in over his head. It's not that I'm giving a free pass, but it's the management that really F'd him over in terms of line-up flexibility. One remaining call-up from the taxi squad, missing one of his top forwards, starting goalie and top-4 defencemen for a stretch... well, that last one about Chiarot had to make me laugh saying that out loud, but on this sad sack of a team, he is a top-4 guy...

We play Calgary 3 games in a row after tonight, including a back to back. On the plus side, both teams are subject to the same schedule for the next three. However, after that, we only play one non-playoff team, Ottawa, who have been giving us fits all year.

Calgary plays Ottawa and Vancouver to finish the season. If we don't win 2/3 or sweep Calgary this weekend, well, it's gonna be really nerve wracking to end the year.
I am one of those who gives this coach and his assistants a pass. This mess and lack of line up flexibility is 100% on a GM not smart enough to properly manage his team

Reactions: Rapala

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I am one of those who gives this coach and his assistants a pass. This mess and lack of line up flexibility is 100% on a GM not smart enough to properly manage his team

Maybe, but the team in general was better across the board earlier this season and in previous seasons in a lot of areas. They used to not score because they didn't have guys that could finish. They're not scoring now because they're not getting chances. Coaching plays a big role in that.

You can blame Bergevin for his middle of the road approach, drafting or lack of PMD, but this team is much better than their performance thus far. Ducharme probably isn't getting his interim tag removed with how he has them going.

Reactions: MadMslm

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I think we have a big enough point gap that even with our recent form, we should be able to squeak into the playoffs. However, i don't like our chances of going anywhere in the playoffs.

We should either be contending for the Cup or working towards building a team to eventually contend for the Cup. We are currently doing neither and stuck in the middle perpetually.

I don't have high hopes for tonight's game but also won't be surprised we win this one.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe, but the team in general was better across the board earlier this season and in previous seasons in a lot of areas. They used to not score because they didn't have guys that could finish. They're not scoring now because they're not getting chances. Coaching plays a big role in that.

You can blame Bergevin for his middle of the road approach, drafting or lack of PMD, but this team is much better than their performance thus far.
I would argue that they have become too slow and that the young centers are just not ready. Weber and Petry have played very poorly as the season has transpired and that can't be blamed on the coach.
This team is too old and slow in key positions and the youth are not quite there.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Do you know how often I've read posters write this exact sentence (underlined and bolded) in the previous seasons??
This team started the season with a whopping seven wins in 10 games, amassing points in nine out of those first ten. Since then, 12 wins in 31 games. You blaming the NHL and the schedule is ridiculous and inaccurate, as the team started breaking down at the beginning of the month of February (more precisely after losing to Ottawa).
What this team requires is an entire offseason to rest and rebuild this mess of a lineup. Until then, they'll be like a racing car trying to reach the finish line on fumes and a punctured tire.

There is no way Suzuki, Weber, JK, Drouin, Danault, Leks and others should be stuck on their pathetic output levels. We never change the system, its always the same thing year after year. The PP never changes, it always stinks. We are an easy team to figure out. The first 10 games the guys were playing with 'freedom' and moving the puck to all areas of the ice.

I'm not saying we are contenders , but the system is broke and never changes. Dump/chase... dump/chase... Oh and we still don't have a number 1 Center after 10 years of our wonderful GM looking for it.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Oh geez the game is at 10? Why so late?? Where playing in Edmonton not Vancouver. Game should start at 9pm. Anyhow, Montreal will win by 1 goal, if the team plays together and gives Allen a chance to win.

Go Habs Go!!

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I would argue that they have become too slow and that the young centers are just not ready. Weber and Petry have played very poorly as the season has transpired and that can't be blamed on the coach.
This team is too old and slow in key positions and the youth are not quite there.

I guess, but its worth pointing out that it was Ducharme's decision to mess with ALL his D pairs when he didn't need when Chiarot went down. Ducharme tweaked the way the team has played, , and one of the reasons you go with coach like Ducharme over Julien is to help the young players.

People got pissed at Julien when the team wasn't winning because of goaltending and special teams. Well, they changed everything up and now Montreal's special teams still sucks, but they've gone from an elite 5v5 team to league average one. In the season. You can blame Weber or Petry or whoever you want, but no one is playing well. I don't know how you can absolve the coach there.

Reactions: MadMslm

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
The situation is getting bad.

Vancouver could very well pass Montreal with their games in hands.... they had 2 win over toronto and are playing really well with a lot of momentum.
Calgary is out of the question IMO, but Vancouver could very well get to MTL if they don't start to win...

This is not looking good boys

Reactions: BLONG7

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I'm at a point where you would have to pay me to watch them play.
This is the most boring and offensively inept team of the league.
Everything is in slow motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad