GDT: Game 44 | Jets @ Leafs | Thu Apr 15 7pm | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Jets with another win vs the Sens.

They have pulled to within 5 points, makes this somewhat of a large game.

Expect Campbell to be back in net.

With Robertson out (covid protocol), who slides in? Assume Sabourin stays in and Spezza makes a return maybe.

Looking for the team to get their shit together and bring an honest effort on both sides of the puck, we haven't seen one in a while.

They're getting close.. I think it's reasonable to think they could at least split the next 4 games vs Jets and Leafs still come out ahead by 5 pts (assuming they don't botch the series vs VAN/MTL).

13 games left to go.

LETS GO

4/15 - Winnipeg
4/17 - Vancouver
4/19 - Vancouver
4/21 - Winnipeg
4/23 - Winnipeg
4/24 - Winnipeg
4/28 - Montreal
4/29 - Vancouver
5/1 - Vancouver
5/3 - Montreal
5/6 Montreal
5/8 Montreal
5/12 - Ottawa

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Jets gained two points on us with the win against the Senators.

We need to get those points back. If we lose the Jets will be only 3 points behind us.

People on this board get offended when someone says this is a "must win" game if it's not an elimination game, so I will say this is an important win.

Important game for sure, if it's a must win for anyone then it's the Jets. I'd be more than happy to split the upcoming games with them.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Am I the only one whose first thought was potential COVID exposure considering the Nylander and Robertson exposures?

Hope he's okay.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
They're getting close.. I think it's reasonable to think they could at least split the next 4 games vs Jets and Leafs still come out ahead by 5 pts (assuming they don't botch the series vs VAN/MTL).

13 games left to go.

LETS GO

4/15 - Winnipeg
4/17 - Vancouver
4/19 - Vancouver
4/21 - Winnipeg
4/23 - Winnipeg
4/24 - Winnipeg
4/28 - Montreal
4/29 - Vancouver
5/1 - Vancouver
5/3 - Montreal
5/6 Montreal
5/8 Montreal
5/12 - Ottawa

The way they've been playing, I think they can win all 4 of the Vancouver games. The rest I'm not so sure. Especially if they have to play players on the first and second lines that don't belong there, to cover absences. We need the reinforcements to arrive.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I don't mind if we gave him Kawhi load management treatment to Matthews
giphy.gif

Matthews4Calder

Nov 27, 2016
BC Western Canada
The way they've been playing, I think they can win all 4 of the Vancouver games. The rest I'm not so sure. Especially if they have to play players on the first and second lines that don't belong there, to cover absences. We need the reinforcements to arrive.

The way they've been playing. Are you saying they've been playing well?

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Man I hate watching games without Matthews

They’re just not as fun.

Hopefully Marner and JT can go off. Would be fun to beat the Jets without Matthews and Nylander.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Jets played last night and it is a 4 point game that can all but guarantee you the division. The effort put out in the last two games should not be acceptable. With 71 and 88 returning some players should be playing with more urgency for fear they will be the odd men out.

Jet fan here coming in peace. The Jets are at the end of a long road trip and both teams are coasting . I think this game goes to ot and the Jets win before going on a massive losing streak with the next 6 games after this vs your leafs and the oilers. Should be a sloppy affair with tenders being left hung out to dry!

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad