GDT: Game 44: Coyotes @ Jets - FSAZ - 5:30 PM

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Tippett is gonna praise the effort late in the 3rd and say that they played well and it was just 2nd period that let them down. You heard it here first^^

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Uhh, Duke had the least amount of TOI for the entire team. Did I miss something? He was creating something whenever the puck was on his stick? What did I miss, is it just because he plays with HOlland?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Turns out Edmonton fans were right, we are a garbage franchise.

Yup. Funny thing is, when you read their GDTs against the Jets, they feel the exact same way about the Jets. And their right. We are a garbage franchise.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Duke and Holland benched at the end?

Pretty much. Deservedly so. Even though I'd have benched McGinn over Duclair. He's so bad that it's almost funny again. Useless in every situation. As I said, I feel a bit bad for Duclair. Not his best game but he can't carry two bums on his own.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Next 10 games:

Minnesota
Tampa
Florida
Vancouver
L.A
Chicago
San Jose
Montreal
Pittsburgh
Calgary

Good luck boys :laugh:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Uhh, Duke had the least amount of TOI for the entire team. Did I miss something? He was creating something whenever the puck was on his stick? What did I miss, is it just because he plays with HOlland?

He tried. But he was all alone offensively. He wasn't good against the puck but that's nothing new. He's never gonna be a good two way forward. He needs to be given offensive zone starts with quality teammates. Tough to play with the two worst forwards on the roster.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Can we make it to double-digit losses in a row this time?

Gonna be tough. Florida is really bad. Tom Rowe has no clue what he's doing. Gonna be a close one...
But if we play McGinn and Holland for more than 15mins that might seal the loss. Should be enough for another -3.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Give me literally two reasons Tippett should not be fired tonight.

1. Ownership doesn't have the money to pay another coach (Doan player/coach?).

2. Ownership doesn't want to admit the epic mistake of signing him to that huge contract for no reason.

3. Ownership is afraid of him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
1. Ownership doesn't have the money to pay another coach (Doan player/coach?).

2. Ownership doesn't want to admit the epic mistake of signing him to that huge contract for no reason.

3. Ownership is afraid of him.

1 and 2. They just fired Maloney...firing Tippett now would be admitting huge mistakes. I also think it would hurt financially to fire Tippett now after the extension...

And I'd be up for that. Would be quite an adventure to let Doan coach the team...but honestly. Why not. Nothing to lose now...and if it works...even better.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Give me literally two reasons Tippett should not be fired tonight.

My only reason for not wanting to fire Tippett right now is that there aren't any coaches on the market that I'm drooling over. I say we wait until someone is available that we really want instead of firing Tippett now and hiring someone that's just okay.

I know Tip sucks. But this season is gone anyway. Let Tip finish out the season and let him go as soon as the third period ends in game 82.

And reason 2: I hear Tippett is a really nice guy. It's a shame nice guy Dave Moss is no longer with the franchise, so we need to keep DT around a little longer.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
My only reason for not wanting to fire Tippett right now is that there aren't any coaches on the market that I'm drooling over. I say we wait until someone is available that we really want instead of firing Tippett now and hiring someone that's just okay.

I know Tip sucks. But this season is gone anyway. Let Tip finish out the season and let him go as soon as the third period ends in game 82.

And reason 2: I hear Tippett is a really nice guy. It's a shame nice guy Dave Moss is no longer with the franchise, so we need to keep DT around a little longer.

Why wouldn't you give Doan a chance? I liked the idea when brought up.

Gerard Gallant also available. Terrific Coach. Be sure he wouldn't accept any excuses. He'd get that tired squad fired up and he's also managed the young guys really well over in Florida. Most of them started to struggle right after he got fired.
Heck, I'd even take Capuano over Tippett. He has his moments but overall, he's done a good job for the Isles. He had to deal with some really tough situations over there...

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Why wouldn't you give Doan a chance? I liked the idea when brought up.

Gerard Gallant also available. Terrific Coach. Be sure he wouldn't accept any excuses. He'd get that tired squad fired up and he's also managed the young guys really well over in Florida. Most of them started to struggle right after he got fired.
Heck, I'd even take Capuano over Tippett. He has his moments but overall, he's done a good job for the Isles. He had to deal with some really tough situations over there...

Doan as an player/coach isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, but I feel like its pretty close. Doan would keep doing the same things Tippett did because that's what he knows. Plus it's just absurd to think that doing that is a real option.

Gallant is a decent option, defiantly more appealing than Capuano, but neither of them would excite me as a fan.

Last edited:

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I was just joking about Doan being the player/coach. Could he coach after his playing days are done? No clue if that's something he'd be good at or consider doing.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Doan as an player/coach isn't the worst idea I've ever heard, but I feel like Doan would keep doing the same things Tippett did because that's what he knows. Plus it's just absurd to think that doing that is a real option.

Gallant is a decent option, defiantly more appealing than Capuano, but neither of them would excite me as a fan.

I'd say that Capuano is a decent and Gallant an excellent option. Not many better Coaches are gonna be available any time soon...surely not for Arizona. No idea if Gallant would do it...but they should definitely ask the Florida to talk to him before the Isles or Bruins hire him.

Of course it would be absurd to let Doan coach. But it doesn't get any worse. What's the worst thing that could happen? Another losing streak?^^
I also don't think he'd try to copy Tippett. Doan clearly knows the game really well. Having played with his teammates, he also knows exactly who to trust and who's just crap. No way he'd play Holland or McGinn like Tippett does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad