Goalies |
Smith|Pavelec
8469608.jpg
|
8471715.jpg

Notes and such:

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
At least its on Fox Sports and not Fox Sports Plus.
I like Bob Heethius alright and I gotta admit, I liked Nick Boynton.
I just thought his observations were great and I particularly liked he and Heeter together on the post game show while Im pulling out of Lot G.......
Anyway, I don't have Plus.
Looking forward to Saturday.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Just don't suit up a goalie at all. Empty net extra attacker for 60 minutes. What's the worst that could happen, another loss? :laugh:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
starting my workout routine tomorrow. Hit the big 27 on Sunday and realize it's gonna be harder.

I quit smoking and have been eating better. Just needs more try. So I'm going to start working out tomorrow. Will probably pathetically attempt cardio.

Edit: Realized I'm in the wrong thread.

Oh well. Hopefully I execute better than these guys do tomorrow.

Here is to hoping Dvo gets 15 minutes!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
starting my workout routine tomorrow. Hit the big 27 on Sunday and realize it's gonna be harder.

I quit smoking and have been eating better. Just needs more try. So I'm going to start working out tomorrow. Will probably pathetically attempt cardio.

You'll be chasing the game for he rest of your life!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Jets lose, Maurice probably gets fired.

Coyotes lose, nothing happens.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
At least its on Fox Sports and not Fox Sports Plus.
I like Bob Heethius alright and I gotta admit, I liked Nick Boynton.
I just thought his observations were great and I particularly liked he and Heeter together on the post game show while Im pulling out of Lot G.......
Anyway, I don't have Plus.
Looking forward to Saturday.

I totally forgot about Boynton, did we ever get any info on what happened?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I think you are in the right thread. Your analogy about what it takes to improve health, fitness, and quality of life is certainly applicable to a struggling hockey team trying to find the win column.

P.S. 27 is not old. From a physiology standpoint you are still in your prime.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Jets lose, Maurice probably gets fired.

Coyotes lose, nothing happens.

They pulled Pavelec out of the A just to toss him in against us. I know their goaltending sucks lately but woof!!!!

I saw something that Sarah reported saying just a vague leave of absence. No details. What we expect from our "reporters."

Solid reporting as always haha.

If it was a personal matter then she probably wouldn't know.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Gotta pump Pavelec's value with an easy shutout before they can dump him.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Hanzal not playing due to family matter.

Hopefully its to have him start packing his belongings.

Not even funny. Usually family matters involve serious illness or marital issues. It's not 'cause his kid has an ear ache. Hope all is well.

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Per the Team site Duclair is on the second line with McGinn and Holland. Doan is on the third line with Dvo and Perlini. If that's the case, it seems off.

While I like McGinn, Doan and Duclair need to switch. Regardless of whether Dvo, Perlini and Duclair are third or second, I think they could rip it up. Doan can't keep up with the other two, or keep the puck long enough to compliment them. Likewise, Holland will hold McGinn and Duclair back.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Might tune in to the game, might not. Doan and Duke appearing to be swapped doesn't seem off to me, it seems exactly like Tip.

Yes, making fun regardless of the fact that he has a family situation. Everyone understood.
I think Moose made light of the situation, not made fun of it. I believe there's a difference.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If it was a personal matter then she probably wouldn't know.

Typically when a public figure has a leave of absence the organization they work for will make an announcement. Don't have to give details, can just say "to attend to family matters", but it's better than allowing the rumor mill to fester.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Man this cold get ugly quick. Burmistrov, Holland and Jooris centering three of the 4 lines and they will all probably get more time than Dvo who is better than any of them. Coyotes hockey...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Man this cold get ugly quick. Burmistrov, Holland and Jooris centering three of the 4 lines and they will all probably get more time than Dvo who is better than any of them. Coyotes hockey...

Coyotes 2.0

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Per the Team site Duclair is on the second line with McGinn and Holland. Doan is on the third line with Dvo and Perlini. If that's the case, it seems off.

While I like McGinn, Doan and Duclair need to switch. Regardless of whether Dvo, Perlini and Duclair are third or second, I think they could rip it up. Doan can't keep up with the other two, or keep the puck long enough to compliment them. Likewise, Holland will hold McGinn and Duclair back.

Holland is so freaken bad, I don't get DT's infatuation with the guy. He's good at nothing. He, like Doan, generally kills the play.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Wouldn't it be something if the lines looked something like this?

Perlini - Dvorak - Duclair
Crouse - Burmistrov - Vrbata
Rieder - McGinn - Doan
Dauphin - Holland - Martinook​

Last edited:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Holland is okay. He's just there. He's a spare part. Like Chipchura. Once in awhile he'll show something, but mostly he's just there. That's okay for fourth line depth players. It's not okay when the coach decides they should be 2nd line centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad