GDT: Game 44: Coyotes @ Chickenhawks | 4-20-13 | 5:30 PM AZ Time | FSA +

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
So I just checked the gamecenter update and we're up 2-1 :amazed: Are we actually outplaying them? Or is Crawford just playing like crap like he's in some kind of 2012 timewarp?

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So I just checked the gamecenter update and we're up 2-1 :amazed: Are we actually outplaying them? Or is Crawford just playing like crap like he's in some kind of 2012 timewarp?

One went in from center ice. Have to imagine Hawks management licking their chops at the possibility of signing Smith and ditching Crawford.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Chipchura was on the power play against St. Louis on... well, Friday afternoon for you.
See I don't have too much of an issue with that, because Chips been quite productive offensively this season, but having tiny little Chris Connor screening Crawford on the PP.. there is no logic in that. Why not Moss? He's known best for using his size for screening the goalie and he's awesome at deflections.

JTPoni23

Dec 26, 2012
Barrie, Ontario
Periods like this are why people complain about NHL refs. This game they're pretty consistently calling every little thing. Last game they pretty consistently called nothing except one of two blatant boarding calls.

By PK I meant the Yotes being thoroughly outplayed, sorry should've been a bit clearer haha. But yeah I agree with your point though.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'm not hating on him. It's about hoping for what I think is best for the team now and moving forward. Smith hasn't played well enough to get us in the playoffs this year, no reason to believe it will change now that the season is on the line. Johnson played well in all four games this year, which until he shows otherwise gives us the best chance to sneak in the playoffs, as unlikely as that is.

More than likely Smith is gone next year, whether its him wanting the moon or waiting on ownership, which means we need to figure out what to do next year in goal. Playing Johnson more could give us an idea if he'd be an adequate replacement for at least Barbs next year.

If I wanted to hate on Smith I'd get into how much I hate his constant diving and whining, which are things I hate when any player does regardless of how well they are playing.

Correct on what, and how, Doan was answering, but Tip certainly left a lot to interpret with his response to what happened that morning as it was notably different from what we normally get in regards to players injuries.

I would heartily disagree.

Starts the game with above a .909 save percentage. Although, yes, a save percentage above 91.5%, probably closer to 92.0% is excellent, he is still doing what he can do. Oh, and 5 shutouts in 30 games. 5 in 30.

To say that he is the reason that we are not making the playoffs is ludicrous. The team's play in front of him (loose pucks that we are not clearing out, shots in between the circles that are wide open) is what is causing this. There are times when I feel as if though Smith is helpless to some of the plays the team makes in front of him. While we have allowed fewer shots on the year, I actually think that we have allowed more quality shots by our opponent.

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
I would heartily disagree.

Starts the game with above a .909 save percentage. Although, yes, a save percentage above 91.5%, probably closer to 92.0% is excellent, he is still doing what he can do. Oh, and 5 shutouts in 30 games. 5 in 30.

To say that he is the reason that we are not making the playoffs is ludicrous. The team's play in front of him (loose pucks that we are not clearing out, shots in between the circles that are wide open) is what is causing this. There are times when I feel as if though Smith is helpless to some of the plays the team makes in front of him. While we have allowed fewer shots on the year, I actually think that we have allowed more quality shots by our opponent.

Never said he was the reason we're likely to miss the playoffs, said he hasn't played well enough to get us there this year. And yes, given how inconsistent the rest of the team has been he would have needed to be VERY good this year. 5 shutouts in 30 games is nice. 9 games in 30 giving up 4 or more isn't. He's been just as inconsistent as the rest of the team this year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad