Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Best win of the year? BRUINS 5 Colorado 2 F

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It's almost as if Coyle is a top 6 forward guys!

Could anyone have known? :sarcasm:
Yep...
Some are capable to adapte and take the heat
Pasta is leading... who would have said this 4-5 years ago.
63 is a great captain...following Bruins the previous ones way!
Keepers are incredible.
They are not

IMO Coyle is having a career season. IMO Coyle deserves credit. IMO Boston is having a FANTASTIC year. I beleive! I am having fun!. Don't know how it will end this year. But again, Boston is again presenting a great year.

Go Bruins.

Reactions: BMC

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Agree with Marshy

Pay DeBrusk for one
Is it worth it to trade Ullmark and not use the cap space you gain? Guy won the Vezina last year and has been excellent again this year. We’re not talking about Re-upping him just riding the contract.

I’d certainly trade Ullmark if there’s a great top tier return. But that’s unlikely given how the goalie market has been lately. Doing it just because of one years cap hit when you don’t need to seems more shortsighted.
Bruins might have to determine what the can get for Bussi or Ullmark. Bussi needs waivers next year.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Couple things

Live v TV

Live

The puck comes down with about 8 seconds left and I believe Lohrei gets and goes behind net seeing what Olafsson is going to do. You never know because I think at end of second a nothing end of period play Marchand went aggressively after Girard with malice. Girard didn’t like it and I don’t really blame him but it’s Marchand so know your opponent.

Olafsson body language and even facial expression seemed to convey ‘all set’ and he stood infront of Swayman for last 2 seconds as time ran out. Lauko skated over and gave him a not to subtle stick shove. It seemed and still does appear unnecessary. The Colorado players specifically McDermod didn’t like it and basically called Lauko a d bag

TV

Olafsson seconds before knocked Boqvist down at center ice so maybe that’s why. On TV if looked like a meh push but just feet away Lauko put power behind it.

My buddy I went to game with is a member here, coach and lots of folks know him he’s in our HFL League like myself - he came to the same conclusion

I did not know about the Boqvist knockdown so maybe that’s it

I thought it was BS move but because it’s Lauko and he’s on the Bruins it’s awesome (kidding)

Shit easily could have escalated and Swayman was standing there

I’m Monty I would have wanted to know what happened and probably told him he needs to pass on this if ever happens again

Remember - game 5 third period Monty puts out Lauko and Tkachuk sees this as they line up for faceoff- he switches to get next to him . Tkachuk sets him up leaning in, Lauko leans back - refs are now watching - Tkachuk little stick slash to Lauko bit of a love tap - Lauko comes back and Tkachuk goes into his Academy Award mode and Lauko goes to box

Reinhart scores goal on PP shortly after Cats up 3-2

I’m a fan of Lauko, however, he needs to understand situations and scores can be settled later on his terms
that was just weak officiating.
i remember that bogus call

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah the Olofsson/Boqvist incident is the answer. Just seconds to go in a game that's over and Olofsson shoves Boqvist right in the face and knocks him down. Completely unnecessary. Lauko didn't like it and let Olofsson know about it. One must remember as well that Boqvist had been borderline boarded by MacDermid late in the 1st and the Bruins didn't particularly like that one either, so there's a little history to simmer on there too.

I get your point that Lauko has occasionally given away silly penalties and he needs to avoid that. Very true. But in this case he stood up for a teammate and IMO that was absolutely the right thing to do. I can't see Monty having any problem with it.
My post was done with out understanding that - I was there but you don’t really see it as well if on TV

I would have to look at Boqvist hit more then the one I watched this afternoon but definitely makes sense

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
That's the part I am stuck on. He had a skate on the line when the puck strikes his blade. So if that instant is ruled as possession, and the rules state a puck carrier and the puck are considered the same entity for the argument of only the puck carrier being onside...then the right call was made

but what defines possession? The puck on your stick as it crosses the line. At that point it does not matter where your skates are. To me this was perfectly timed by Zacha and great skill move putting it off his skate.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
@Bruinator

It’s just not how they normally rule possession, say for a penalty stoppage. Pucks deflect and tip off sticks all the time but the play isn’t always blown dead at that time. Sometimes the refs wait until a player gathers the puck oh so clearly and takes a stride.

Zacha, to me, didn’t really have the puck on first contact. He was still corralling the pass.

I think a similar play happened with Marchand in recent years but i forget exactly how it played out. I guess my point is that the possession piece of it is unclear to me.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
@Bruinator

It’s just not how they normally rule possession, say for a penalty stoppage. Pucks deflect and tip off sticks all the time but the play isn’t always blown dead at that time. Sometimes the refs wait until a player gathers the puck oh so clearly and takes a stride.

Zacha, to me, didn’t really have the puck on first contact. He was still corralling the pass.

I think a similar play happened with Marchand in recent years but i forget exactly how it played out. I guess my point is that the possession piece of it is unclear to me.
Agree to disagree and so did the league. He dragged the puck over the line with his stick. Brilliant move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad