GDT: Game 44: Avs @ Canes | Tuesday, January 13, 5pm MT | Choose Your Scapegoat

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As our beloved hockey team continues their bipolar season alternating between joining the playoff race and disgracing the franchise, who will be the eventual scapegoat (or hero) in tonight's contest?

460x.jpg

Calvin "someone else" Pickard
I couldn't uphold my .934 save percentage

Nate+Guenin+sqX8fagRRKdm.jpg

Nate "the general" Guenin
I pointed at my man again

Nick+Holden+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Colorado+-Npxij26G_sl.jpg

Nick "core player" Holden
I finally made a pretty pass...to the other team

8182629.jpg

Brad "second round pick" Stuart
I did nothing wrong but sign an extension early

23r3b41.jpg

Max "landlord exemption" Talbot
I killed another breakaway

20141025__26TCSAVSw~1_500.jpg

Cody "no decision" McLeod
I tried to start a fight in my 7 minutes of ice time but just took a penalty instead

467844307-marc-andre-cliche-of-the-colorado-avalanche-gettyimages.jpg

Marc-Andre "waiver exemption" Cliche
I lost all my offensive zone faceoffs

SPHKNAVALANCHE_1JL5411-495x329.jpg

Reto "conditioning stint" Berra
I was hundreds of miles away and it still was my fault

459055062.jpg

The top 6
RIP Goals 1995-2014

:avs

Gabriel Landeskog - Matt Duchene - Borna Rendulic
Alex Tanguay - Ryan O'Reilly - Jarome Iginla
Maxime Talbot - John Mitchell - Nathan MacKinnon
Cody McLeod - Marc-André Cliche - Danny Briere

Jan Hejda - Erik Johnson
Nate Guenin - Tyson Barrie
Brad Stuart - Nick Holden

Calvin Pickard

:canes

Eric Staal - Jordan Staal - Elias Lindholm
Jeff Skinner - Victor Rask - Alexander Semin
Jiri Tlusty - Riley Nash - Nathan Gerbe
Brad Malone - Jay McClement - Patrick Dwyer

Justin Faulk - Andrej Sekera
Ron Hainsey - Ryan Murphy
Tim Gleason - John-Michael Liles

Anton Khudobin

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mackinnon hatty tonight.
Redmond is in, Holden is out.
Landeskog makes no dumb plays.

LOL, NO.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The General is the scapegoat always and forever....also seeing your Stuart caption and how on point it is, I still don't understand what everyone has against him. Other than his first few games he's been very solid defensively and plays physically like everyone on here wants. Or is it really everyone is still sour about the extension he was given?

Anyway...Gonna say 3-1 Avs goals from Duchene, EJ, Mitchell

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
They haven't been particularly good on the second night of a back to back. Hopefully we'll see a better effort than last night.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
My buddy and I were just saying Mack needs to cut ties with his GF, the real scapegoat this season :laugh:

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
They desperately need these 2 point. The top 6 players need to step up, they are averaging 2 goals for per game in away games which is awful.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I wonder if Rendulic goes back with Duchene and Landy. He was a tire fire the first two periods last night, but seemed like Roy lit a fire under him demoting him to the 4th line in the third, and he was hitting everything in sight.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I wonder if Rendulic goes back with Duchene and Landy. He was a tire fire the first two periods last night, but seemed like Roy lit a fire under him demoting him to the 4th line in the third, and he was hitting everything in sight.
He almost killed one of the Caps defencemen in the third period. I thought it was going to be Downie esque.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Roy seems to try things with the lineup on the road when they don't see media before the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see something weird. I could see Rendulic either way.

Also, I asked this yesterday but nobody said. Did Guenin get hurt blocking a shot? Might be an opportunity to put Redmond in, he's fresh and if Guenin might be nursing that a bit could make sense.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Roy seems to try things with the lineup on the road when they don't see media before the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see something weird. I could see Rendulic either way.

Also, I asked this yesterday but nobody said. Did Guenin get hurt blocking a shot? Might be an opportunity to put Redmond in, he's fresh and if Guenin might be nursing that a bit could make sense.
When was his last shift? Roy pretty much staples him to the bench when the Avs are down so it's hard to guess.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Oilers outshot us didnt they? Canes play us well most of the time. We lose tonight 3-2 SO because this team is just like that. Who said it the other day that we play down to the competition like no other team. I want a Mackinnon and Johnson goal tonight. That would make me happy.

I agree. We seem to play pretty badly vs "bad" teams. Anyone have our record vs playoff and non-playoff team?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
When was his last shift? Roy pretty much staples him to the bench when the Avs are down so it's hard to guess.

Around the 8 in minute mark, only had 2 shifts that period. I looked up the play x play and it said he blocked a shot at the end of that shift. You are right he shortens the bench but 2 shifts seemed a little odd to me.

I think we'll pull this one out tonight. Canes have no interest in winning at this point. We don't match well with the Oilers. We usually do ok against the Canes.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Can I vote for Radar's dad? As much as I'd like to scapegoat his agent, his dad is more annoying.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Around the 8 in minute mark, only had 2 shifts that period. I looked up the play x play and it said he blocked a shot at the end of that shift. You are right he shortens the bench but 2 shifts seemed a little odd to me.

I think we'll pull this one out tonight. Canes have no interest in winning at this point. We don't match well with the Oilers. We usually do ok against the Canes.

Damned skippy we have no interest in winning. Dishonor for Connor. McJesus to the Bible Belt, pls. And the Avs last won in Raleigh in 2008. You guys are clearly overdue.

Also, here's our actual lines for the night. Khudobin with the start and your old friend John-Michael Liles comes back into the lineup.

E. Staal-J. Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask-Semin
Gerbe-Nash-Tlusty
Malone-McClement-Dwyer

Sekera-Faulk
Hainsey-Murphy
Gleason-Liles

Khudobin
Ward

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
Duchene's stick is small but it's not that small. Plus, it's not the size of the stick but how you use it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Damned skippy we have no interest in winning. Dishonor for Connor. McJesus to the Bible Belt, pls. And the Avs last won in Raleigh in 2008. You guys are clearly overdue.

Also, here's our actual lines for the night. Khudobin with the start and your old friend John-Michael Liles comes back into the lineup.

E. Staal-J. Staal-Lindholm
Skinner-Rask-Semin
Gerbe-Nash-Tlusty
Malone-McClement-Dwyer

Sekera-Faulk
Hainsey-Murphy
Gleason-Liles

Khudobin
Ward

Thanks for the info, I'll try to get the OP updated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad