GDT: Game 44 - 1/6/2019 - Capitals @ Red Wings - 5 PM ET FS-D

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just watched a highlight reel of Vanek since he is hitting 1000 games.

Dude might be one of the most nonchalant good players you will ever see, lol.

Vanek has some of the best hands of the last decade in the NHL. He is a really crafty offensive player, with phenomenal stick control.

He is absolutely slowing down, but a very high offensive IQ. He had a lot of very good years in Buffalo.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Vanek has some of the best hands of the last decade in the NHL. He is a really crafty offensive player, with phenomenal stick control.

He is absolutely slowing down, but a very high offensive IQ. He had a lot of very good years in Buffalo.

I loved him in shootouts. No moves, big slapper and scores, then no celly. I was always a fan of his.

Reactions: slovakia18

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Franzen was a fantastic player... I really don't get people that pretend he was some disappointment. He was never high paid 3.95 was a bargain and the guy was a really talented big body player for us for several years. Unfortunate how it ended, but we have missed Franzen badly since he went down. He was a very important part of the team before injuries ended his career.
Agreed Mule was great when he was engaged, But at times he could be a lazy floater. That's what i was referring to.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Hronek looks great. I’m excited about him and Cholowski. I don’t see how they could send Hronek down.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
So who sits when Green comes back?
Witkowski, then Big E when DDK comes back...by the time Daley heals, it'll be around TDL time, perfect timing. I think Hronek is here to stay.

Cholo-Green
DDK-Hronek
Kronner-Jensen
Big E
Witk.

Hronek had 2 assists vs. NSH including a 1st assist on the OT GWG. FSD barely mentioned him in the post game. I like how he's attacking & counter-attacking

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Larkin starting a new point streak. Let's see if he can break his old one.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
At least we didn't give up any shorthanded chances in these powerplays. It's an improvement.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
That's on Hronek, if he just gets the puck deep instead of making a move Ericcson isn't put in a situation where he has to bail Hronek out

The puck bounced over his stick. Unfortunate, but not Hroneks fault. Bad ice at the end of the period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad