GDT: Game 44 - 1/6/2019 - Capitals @ Red Wings - 5 PM ET FS-D

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I was watching at work so I didn’t have any sound but I was wondering why they kept showing kronwalls skates lol so that’s all it was? Showing his small feet?

No they were talking about the innovate type of skate that he is wearing, shown here

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I noticed yesterday that at times going through the neutral zone on the PP, Detroit was doing more of an east/west drop pass to create more room with speed rather than the typical drop pass directly back.

I don't know if it was a fluke, something teams have been doing for a while now that I haven't noticed, or something brand new, but it seems like a nice little wrinkle to get zone entries on the PP.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
AA with the lazy loser play topping off his lazy night cherry picking at the blue line
AA's game really isn't lazy, he just avoids physical contact. He has been credited with 14 hits this season, and I think that is a little generous. AA pressures people with his stick, never with the body. His game is limited to finding open ice and speed.

The games he looks lazy in are often the ones the other team doesn't give him time or space to use his speed. He won't fight through checks, he would rather avoid them. AA doesn't create his own space.

At this stage in his career, he is not going to change his game.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
He won't fight through checks...

...he would rather avoid them.

Those are two different things, though. I'm fine with a player preferring to avoid contact (assuming he has the talent to still be effective while doing so). But that's not the same thing as never being willing to do so if push comes to shove.

(I'm not necessarily labeling AA one way or the other here. Just making a distinction.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad