GDT: Game 44 - 1/6/2019 - Capitals @ Red Wings - 5 PM ET FS-D

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mantha is hella engaged. Hopefully he returned to his form that we saw the first 20 games last season

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jensen does look good, I was probably a little harsh on him in that Jensen thread... I just don’t want any more damn bad contracts.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That's the Mantha we need, Not a Franzen 2.0 at his worst. We need a Mantha that's engaged every shift.

Franzen was a fantastic player... I really don't get people that pretend he was some disappointment. He was never high paid 3.95 was a bargain and the guy was a really talented big body player for us for several years. Unfortunate how it ended, but we have missed Franzen badly since he went down. He was a very important part of the team before injuries ended his career.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Getting some players back showing they aren't quite there yet, but they aren't terribly off either. Would be nice to see Green back.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Franzen was a fantastic player... I really don't get people that pretend he was some disappointment. He was never high paid 3.95 was a bargain and the guy was a really talented big body player for us for several years. Unfortunate how it ended, but we have missed Franzen badly since he went down. He was a very important part of the team before injuries ended his career.

i agree. watch some franzen tape if you don't remember how dominant that guy was at times. his wrister was amazing, and dude was massive

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Just watched a highlight reel of Vanek since he is hitting 1000 games.

Dude might be one of the most nonchalant good players you will ever see, lol.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
i agree. watch some franzen tape if you don't remember how dominant that guy was at times. his wrister was amazing, and dude was massive

One of the more shocking and saddening stats when Laine went for five goals earlier this year was the first player to do it since Johan Franzen. That was a while ago in Ottawa but man was Franzen a joy to watch when he was on. He could dominate games, but he played sound defensive hockey a lot more often than I think people remember. He was a pretty well rounded player, very underappreciated by significant parts of our franchise. When Franzen wasn't scoring he still provided things to the lineup, he still mad an impact. Sure all these guys have bad games.

I miss Mule. I hope he has a breakthrough in terms of recovery from the health issues. But I would take Franzen 2.0 in a heartbeat. I would love to get Kreider for Larkin, I think he is heavier put plays with that kind of center net drive and shot that would be interesting and a fit for our group. Doubt that happens but getting another guy so you have both Mantha and player X, plus Ras when he fills out, both Bert and Svech don't pass up hits. We could have a very physical bunch in a second here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad