Post-Game Talk: GAME 43 - That was easy - BRUINS 6 Team of Gritty 0

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Very true but I would never sell Neely short because as I said the Montreal.Canadiens owned the Bruins forever till he arrived and in my books that counts too.Shame they ran into those Oiler teams or he would have had a ring as a player.
I understand where you are coming from. I hear the stories from my dad when we talk hockey. :laugh:

I was born in April of 90' so I always get the "you were a newborn and the Bruins were getting wrecked by the oilers in the final..." speech blah blah blah. Haha.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I understand where you are coming from. I hear the stories from my dad when we talk hockey. :laugh:

I was born in April of 90' so I always get the "you were a newborn and the Bruins were getting wrecked by the oilers in the final..." speech blah blah blah. Haha.
Cam was a joy to watch (as a Bs fan). He changed the game.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That’s my local broadcast. They were very complimentary to the Bs, as you noted. I thought it was interesting that they stated flat out that one of the reasons Krejci left for a season was the coach.

On another note, is there any way to see JDB’s broadcasting turn?

I saw it on Bruins in 2. He was great. You could try searching NESN for it, I don't know if they archive game broadcasts.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The Bruins never started owning the habs till he (Cam Neely) arrived.
The Bruins had lost 5 consecutive playoff series between the 1983 Conference Final vs. the Islanders until the spring of 1988. The Bruins beat Buffalo in the First Round and then waxed Montreal 4-1 in the Second Round. Cam Neely had A LOT to do with changing the culture and especially the mentality on that Bruins team.
Very true but I would never sell Neely short because as I said the Montreal Canadiens owned the Bruins forever till he arrived and in my books that counts too. Shame they ran into those Oiler teams or he would have had a ring as a player.

@Bruinswillwin77 you have no idea how good the Oilers were in the 1980s. They were absolutely terrifying. You think the Bruins are good this year? Those Oilers were a machine. So good that Hall of Famer Mark Messier was on their SECOND line! They are the only NHL team to score 400 goals in a season, and did that FIVE (5) times in the '80s. The 1971 Bruins are number six on the all-time list with 399.

The Bruins from the late '70s to the early '90s were some of the unluckiest teams ever.

They ran into the Canadiens dynasty - Stanley Cup champs in 1976, '77, '78, and '79 (and another in 1986).

The Islanders dynasty - Stanley Cup champs in 1980, '81, '82, and '83.

The Oilers dynasty - Stanley Cup champs in 1984, '85, '87, '88 and '90.

The Bruins even ran into Pittsburgh's Cup winning teams in 1991 and '92.

The NHL was much different back then, and it was very hard to break through the logjam. The Calgary Flames managed to upset the Oilers in 1986 (hockey's fluky answer to the "helmet catch") but lost to Montreal in the Final. Calgary did get their revenge in a 1989 rematch, however.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
It's nice to see Pavel Zacha score a 3 point game, 2 goals 1 assist, after signing his big extension.

Bruins looked dominant out there, firing on all cylinders, 1st place in the entire NHL.

Everything looks great.

That being said, we did win a President's trophy once and then got knocked out in the first round.

I'm not saying this is going to be a repeat of that, but still cautiously optimistic. My main concerns is keeping everyone healthy and maintaining this high level of play through the playoffs.

The offseason #1 concern will be to resign our own stud player Pasternak.

But really a great win today, let's enjoy it and hope this success can continue.

mg08

May 30, 2013
Enola, Pa
I saw it on Bruins in 2. He was great. You could try searching NESN for it, I don't know if they archive game broadcasts.
ESPN+ if you have it, NHL Powe Play On Demand. A4294D27-BD8D-4D7F-AA22-5C91185FD668.pngB674C4AC-018B-4684-A94D-4AFB5FF2EE6F.png

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The goals they scored were pretty impressive, and while Hart was pulled, not sure there was anything he could have done.
Pasta with a goal mouth feed and then a bomb that was just inside the far pipe.
Zacha with a bomb off the pipe, and then his second I still haven't been able to track the replay to see how it went in.
March with the goal mouth rebound and slide in, then Gryz with top corner wrister.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's nice to see Pavel Zacha score a 3 point game, 2 goals 1 assist, after signing his big extension.

Bruins looked dominant out there, firing on all cylinders, 1st place in the entire NHL.

Everything looks great.

That being said, we did win a President's trophy once and then got knocked out in the first round.

I'm not saying this is going to be a repeat of that, but still cautiously optimistic. My main concerns is keeping everyone healthy and maintaining this high level of play through the playoffs.

The offseason #1 concern will be to resign our own stud player Pasternak.

But really a great win today, let's enjoy it and hope this success can continue.
This is so true. We have to stay level headed, halfway through the season, so much depends on injuries and unforseen issues. Let's enjoy the amazing team and hope that it all comes together at the right time.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My favourite player. Man would I love to clone him in his prime and watch him play in todays nhl. Guys would be running to get away from him.
I still love the guy. He has done so many good things as a human.

He did a couple of nice things for my parents....little things but they meant so much to Mom and Dad

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
I wonder how many here think Pastrnak was better at 26 then Neely at 26
I don't.... but love them both as Bruins. Seabass really was the essence of being a Bruin (and still is in my mind) in his prime ... tough as nails and could score ..one mean SOB on ice but then again funny as hell off ice.... room glue to unite the team and feared by other teams. Pasta is all that but not one mean SOB ...no team fears him ... so Neely wins IMO. In the new softer NHL Neely might score even more, whereas Pasta might score less back then due to" hearing footstep" disease .... but again, love them both.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I kind of wish they had asked him how his leg is doing and hand if it is injured but maybe they’re not supposed to ask about injuries,he does seem to be definitively more happy this season,that’s for sure.
They did. He said that the trainers were working on it every day etc etc. I wish I could remember the rest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad