Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - PHILADELPHIA
BOSTON (AP) David Pastrnak and Pavel Zacha scored two goals apiece, Jeremy Swayman earned his first shutout of the season and David Krejci had three assists in his 1,000th NHL game to help the Boston Bruins beat the Philadelphia Flyers 6-0 on Monday.

Pastrnak scored the first goal in the first period and added another during a 4-on-3 power play to start the third to help Boston win for the sixth time in seven games. The Bruins are 21-1-3 at home this season and have the best overall record in the NHL.

Krejci, who interrupted his 16-year Bruins career by playing in his homeland last season, returned to Boston and joined fellow Czechs Pastrnak and Zacha to snap the Flyers three-game winning streak.

Carter Hart stopped 14 shots before he was replaced midway through the second period by Samuel Ersson, who made nine saves the rest of the way. The Flyers lost for just the second time in nine games.

ON THE BOARD

Pastrnak opened the scoring five minutes in when he forced a turnover in the Philadelphia zone and headed for the crease, where he deflected a pass from Zacha into the net. With five minutes left in the period, Zacha put his entire body into a slapshot that made it 2-0 and knocked him from his skates.

Brad Marchand backhanded in a rebound four minutes into the second to give Boston a 3-0 lead. Less than a minute later, Zacha's crossing pass was deflected into the net. Pastrnak made it 5-0 with a one-kneed, one-timer early in the third and then Matt Grzelcyk gave Boston a 6-0 lead with 12 minutes left.

KREJCI 1,000

Krejci received a standing ovation - and the traditional stick-taps from both teams - when the public address system announced after his first shift that he had played in his 1,000th NHL game.

Drafted by Boston in 2004, Krejci spent his first 15 years of his pro career with the Bruins before leaving last season to play in his native Czechia. He returned to Boston this season, and on Monday he became the seventh player ever to play 1,000 games for the Bruins.

He is the third player on the roster to reach the 1,000-game milestone, joining Patrice Bergeron and Nick Foligno.

The team said it would honor Krejci before the game against Ottawa on Feb. 20.

UP NEXT

Flyers: Host Anaheim on Tuesday night.

Bruins: At Islanders on Wednesday.

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Dominated a surging, but still crap, Flyers team. Glad the boys got out of that one without any major injuries.

Czechs were the story today. Zacha looked tremendous. Krech showing his elite playmaking skills. Pasta with a real chance at 70 goals -- holy crap.

Player I'm happiest for today is Swayman. Nice shutout performance. He is on an absolute heater. .926 or better save pct in 6 of his last 7 games. .966 and 1.000 in his last 2, granted it was Ana and Phi. Still, kid is gaining more and more confidence and looking much more consistent. Props to Monty for starting him in games this season where he has a chance of being more successful. Masterful job of handling the goalies so far.

Nobody in the NHL is even remotely close to the Bs in points. What a team! Keep it rolling!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
On MLK Day, “The Embrace” Bruins—style
(No offense to the new monument)
View attachment 636225View attachment 636226

It's okay. That monument is a disgrace. And for 10 million of taxpayer dollars to honor a visionary, what the "artist" chose to make came out atrocious. I've tried to see it from different angles and...woof. Just bad.

Sidenote: hope you're feeling better!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Fun game. Way to celebrate Krejci's accomplishments. Way to play hard and pour it on. Games like this are a treat. But I'd like to see Greer answer the bell there. I know, I know. But still. Answer it and be done with it. We're lucky nobody got injured because of it. These teams know we are the top team. Can't take it for granted. Be smart. Let's keep this thing rolling!

You know the drill!
giphy.gif

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
If we can beat the Islanders on Wednesday, we'll have reached the 44 game mark with 74 points. That's the point when the season ended for the 1929-30 Bruins, who managed 77 points. The 76-77 Canadiens had 70 points at that mark. Of course, they managed 62 points in the remaining 36 games. But still rarefied air!

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Well, it looked like I picked a good one to just track and not watch. Everything seems just as it appears from the highlights. That is rare.
Btw, I agree with the Greer should answer the bell club. It is not the first time he has refused a fight. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, but you can only play that card a couple of times before becoming known as a turtle.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Silly me, I got to thinking, the Flyers have played well as of late, it's a Monday matinee, there might be a bit of a letdown after the huge win on Saturday night, but noooooooo.

A salute to the Czechs, game #1000, a new contract, two more goals deposited by #88(hello contract!).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad