GDT: Game 43 - Red Wings @ Coyotes - 1/14/16 - 7pm

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Moreso than goalie interference, Abdelkeder could have ended Domingue's career there by stepping on his unprotected thigh.

Lyotes

Aug 8, 2012
Arizona
I know duclairs penalty was legit, but it seemed that the ref called that based on the crowds reaction.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Hanzal gets absolutely robbed.

edit: Nope, he basically fanned on it. Dammit Marty.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Larkin puts on a show and sets up the game winner.

Ah well, is this points in 12 straight now? We're still on a damn good run here.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Monumental collapse at the 10 minute mark of the third.
Collapsed into that defensive shell that we may have gotten away with 5 years ago, but not now. Certainly wasn't pretty to watch.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
I wish they had a defensive coach who could teach Domi to put stick on puck there instead of laying out and screening Domingue and possibly deflecting it. Jim Playfair, if you're reading this, feel free.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Monumental collapse at the 10 minute mark of the third.

Not really. The game was pretty close even though we were up 2-0. Two late penalties hurt us, we can't take those. We did it to the Oilers last game, dead wings gave us a taste of our own medicine. The team looks pretty good right now, happy with our play and the point.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not in response to tonight, but let's get rid of the coach's challenge. The NHL has no idea how to execute this rule.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
God, I hate the Red Wings.
Never seen a luckier team than them, always seem to get the breaks.
How many years now has everyone been calling their demise? Gotta respect how they stay competitive....but still, **** them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not in response to tonight, but let's get rid of the coach's challenge. The NHL has no idea how to execute this rule.

It needs to be Toronto's call. The ref should have minimal input. Have you seen the tiny little tablets they are using? Holmstrom could fart on a goalie and get a goal called back, yet Abdelkader is draped over Louie and nothing.

Phoenician

Jul 3, 2013
Phoenix
Just got back from the game, why coaches don't continue a game of full attack that worked for 40 minutes is beyond me. Fall back to effectively a prevent for no reason, we had kept the shots down and outplayed them (or at least out worked them) all night. Seems stupid. Duclairs penalty may have been bad but what is up with Vermettes? Anyway stinks to outplay them most the game then to end like that. On to the next.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Just got back from the game, why coaches don't continue a game of full attack that worked for 40 minutes is beyond me. Fall back to effectively a prevent for no reason, we had kept the shots down and outplayed them (or at least out worked them) all night. Seems stupid. Duclairs penalty may have been bad but what is up with Vermettes? Anyway stinks to outplay them most the game then to end like that. On to the next.

The Prevent Defense prevents you from winning.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just got home from the game. First, the Wings deserved this win, so no sour grapes from me. Second, the officiating was just God awful. At one point in the second period the ref called a penalty on the Coyote by raising his hand. The Coyotes had possession and since the play continued on Domingue raced off the ice. When the Wings player got control of the puck the play continued. It was only after he passed the center line that the ref blew his whistle. Also, the goalie interference was obvious from my vantage point.

The league has a lot to clean up with this crew.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad