GDT: Game 43: Red Wings at leafs 7:30 pm et 1/14/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
OK, so I watched the video. Only the fan needs to come out to make enough room to get the pump out. Thermostat has to come out by removing lower passenger side wheel well liner. Not as bad as I thought.

Ordered parts but I did next day shipping so came out to $600. Apparently they do not ship coolant by air, but I can get that locally.

What really sucks is that the nearest BMW dealership is 90 miles away, so there's no way to get parts right away. Plus they probably carry the shitty original plastic part anyways. Watching the video, it looks like coolant eventually leaks into the electronics. Bosch has the same issue with plastic DEF pumps on diesels.

Anyways, Beemers suck.
Yea, you said you have an X5, I have a 3series, so job sounds a bit different. That said, normal maintenance is to replace the thermostat when you do the water pump since their both close to one another. Not sure what you used for part sourcing, I've always found PelicanParts.com to work well for OEM parts. Their in Cali I believe so shipping should be quicker for you out that way.

Reactions: Gniwder

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Leafs 6 players on the ice in the end when goalie pulled.

Matthews 13.5M
Nylanders 11.5M
Tavares 11.0M
Marner 10.9M
Rielly 7.5M
Bertuzzi 5.5M

Total: 59.9M

Didn't get a single shot on goal before Raymond empty-netter.
Watching the bloated Maple Leafs roster lose - hilarious!

Watching our beloved Red Wings win the game and the boys celebrating on the bench - priceless!

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
You could clearly tell the wings wanted this game way more than the leafs. The celebration by the team after copp scored that late goal was awesome

The team is starting to believe in itself again.

It was a great game by the team. Great pushback. My only worry is that December could cost this team a postseason spot. The wings need to stay hot.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I will say I haven’t been that proud as a fan for a while. They truly fought hard last night.

I know Copp gets a lot of shit but mostly because of his contract. But he came in clutch in these recent games. Dude was hyped asf.

Also I think I’m more open to keeping Reimer/Lyon rather than Husso/Lyon.

I was really happy for Reimer too. Came in under pressure and has been awful. Was a stud last night.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009

It was a great game by the team. Great pushback. My only worry is that December could cost this team a postseason spot. The wings need to stay hot.
I've read alot of posts saying how the teams schedule doesn't get any easier but IMO the Wings have had the toughest schedule by far starting with the Sweden trip. The hang in there with all the top teams. Their PK had gotten better as well as the goaltending which I think was the biggest issue until they started regularly playing Lyon (he did pull the Panthers to the playoffs last year).

Ras and Copp have started to play a bit better or at least be more noticeable, Seider is finally getting more ice time but DBC has been pretty cold. I'm all on the Lyon train and have been since we picked him up but Reimer and Husso doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. With say a combo of Markstrom/Gibson and Lyon I think this team is way more of a threat than the Leafs.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
That’s what I’m hoping for. I just hate that the team gave away so many points in winnable games.
Absolutely, but at the same time they had mass injuries everywhere. Regardless, we are starting to play like we did after the sweden trip and after copp's goal it seems like we are playing for the team, the team, the team (michagan reference, nbd).

I've read alot of posts saying how the teams schedule doesn't get any easier but IMO the Wings have had the toughest schedule by far starting with the Sweden trip. The hang in there with all the top teams. Their PK had gotten better as well as the goaltending which I think was the biggest issue until they started regularly playing Lyon (he did pull the Panthers to the playoffs last year).

Ras and Copp have started to play a bit better or at least be more noticeable, Seider is finally getting more ice time but DBC has been pretty cold. I'm all on the Lyon train and have been since we picked him up but Reimer and Husso doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. With say a combo of Markstrom/Gibson and Lyon I think this team is way more of a threat than the Leafs.
our schedule was absolute dog shit hard. the best thing about this is we are definitely in the phase of getting easier just based on games played per month. We are starting to have 2 full days off between games, that's insane lol.

Have you guys looked at ottawa's schedule? Our december is going to be there mid/late february to march. That fanbase thinks they are dead now...get ready for the real funeral then.

• Haha
Reactions: WF19

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
I've read alot of posts saying how the teams schedule doesn't get any easier but IMO the Wings have had the toughest schedule by far starting with the Sweden trip.

While the tough part arguably started with the Sweden trip, our first half was one of the easier schedules in the league. Our second half is a bit more difficult, with any opponents looked upon as easier games (ie: OTT on 31 Jan) will be traps.

This site seems to have strength-of-opponent listed for both games played and schedule remaining. As of right now, we're listed at 11th most difficult remaining, and 19th most difficult played.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin

No doubt December was a massive kick in the nadz and a wake up call...So far we're winning games - ugly wins, or pretty wins I'm taking everything we can get!

January is gonna be huuuge.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Holy crap. ESPN+ feed was wonky all day but I finally finished.

I did NOT expect a goalie duel.

Team looked good. Reimer looked ... well, he still creeps me out in net - looks like what I think *I'd* look like in net, but he stopped everything that would be expected to.

I miss Bert.

Fun game! Now to read the thread!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You could clearly tell the wings wanted this game way more than the leafs. The celebration by the team after copp scored that late goal was awesome
Why did they celebrate that much?
18 points in january is what is needed. We get that, then we are close to home free
Next 6 out of 7 games are very tough.
I will say I haven’t been that proud as a fan for a while. They truly fought hard last night.

I know Copp gets a lot of shit but mostly because of his contract. But he came in clutch in these recent games. Dude was hyped asf.

Also I think I’m more open to keeping Reimer/Lyon rather than Husso/Lyon.

I was really happy for Reimer too. Came in under pressure and has been awful. Was a stud last night.
Husso is better than Reimer, Lyon is red hot. Husso is injured. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Am I alone in thinking we ride the Lyon train?
He is red hot, so he will get starts.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I'm all for the Lyon train. Play the hot hand unless it's back to back, but I'd for sure try to do what I could for Markstrom, Gibson or even take a flyer on Elvis.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I'm all for the Lyon train. Play the hot hand unless it's back to back, but I'd for sure try to do what I could for Markstrom, Gibson or even take a flyer on Elvis.

I would trade Calgary Husso, Cleveland and Jared McIsaac for Markstrom. How could they say no?!

• Haha
Reactions: WF19

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I would trade Calgary Husso, Cleveland and Jared McIsaac for Markstrom. How could they say no?!
In reality though. There is lots of options I think anyways. Back to the whole Hanaifin, Markstrom pipe dream. They wings to have the capital to swing it and all me crazy but we also have Cossa AND Augustine..if it gets us closer to a bonafide #1 for a few years one of them could be bait. Just draft again a goalie again this year. My son's former teammate and friend Carter George was just named top NA goalie prospect. Go get him Stevie so i can swindle some wings merch. I've watched this kid since ip1 and was already a phenom in atom, only kid as a goaltender not only play the puck but could shoot and pass better than anyone on his team.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Next 6 out of 7 games are very tough.
Just need to get 7 points in the next 7 games 🤷‍♂️

i think we beat panthers in a nail biter. we get at least one point against TBL. I think we beat vegas (they have been on a downswing with injuries like Eichel). We beat ottawa. We beat Flyers. I mean that's 9 points right there. Might as well not even play the games. I think I just did it for us.

You're all welcome.

I'm not sure if Yzerman would want to give up what it would take to obtain Markstrom?
well at this point probably not. I didn't see that they were apparently only going to entertain high price offers on him until after we went back and forth.

Either way, I think it might be a good idea to still get into deep trade talks about markstrom. lyon/husso/reimer is not going to get it done.

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Just need to get 7 points in the next 7 games 🤷‍♂️

i think we beat panthers in a nail biter. we get at least one point against TBL. I think we beat vegas (they have been on a downswing with injuries like Eichel). We beat ottawa. We beat Flyers. I mean that's 9 points right there. Might as well not even play the games. I think I just did it for us.

You're all welcome.

well at this point probably not. I didn't see that they were apparently only going to entertain high price offers on him until after we went back and forth.

Either way, I think it might be a good idea to still get into deep trade talks about markstrom. lyon/husso/reimer is not going to get it done.
I will be very happy if we get 7 points. The teams has played much better defensively and it shows.
The game vs the Leafs felt like a playoff game.
I am not so sure why they were so happy to win this one.
I would like to beat Panthers as it seems we have not done so the last 10 years, and flyers as they are red not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad