GDT: Game 43: Coyotes @ Oilers - 7PM - FSAZ+

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
1 SOG for the Coyotes 15mins into the third when you're down by two. Yep, that's totally acceptable.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Dvo and Perlini need a third guy on that line that can keep up. They both have gone down the wing and then looked across to see no one as no one could keep up.

Burmi looks like a keeper, though. Hopefully we can get rid of 13.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Reverse hit a guy who had him lined up and put the hitter on his ass, got the puck and made a sneaky pass with 3 guys on him to a wide open Vrbata. It was a great sequence by Burmi.

Sure was. Even though you have to say that it was only possible due to ridiculously bad penaltykilling by the Oilers. Vrbata was all alone...Oilers were all puckwatching.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Dvo and Perlini need a third guy on that line that can keep up. They both have gone down the wing and then looked across to see no one as no one could keep up.

Burmi looks like a keeper, though. Hopefully we can get rid of 13.

Doan is very good on the forecheck though. Had a few important takeaways. He adds a physical element. That line was very good recently. Just need to start scoring now. Or, how Tippett likes to call it: Execution:laugh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
They don't even get a "There was an attempt" gold star for that. Terrible performance.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
"Not emotionally engaged"
What????!!!!
I can't believe it!!
Im emotionally engaged!
Anybody else emotionally engaged?
Find out who isn't emotionally engaged and get rid of their a--.
Why would that comment even be made?

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011

"That's as poor as we've played in a month, we've been real competitive here for a month"

.. did he just completely forget about the 9 game losing streak over the last month? I think he should see a doctor.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Only this market could have a coach who has two wins and 11 losses in the past month say, "we've been real competitive the past month" and not have anyone in the media scrum try to follow up on that. Freaking hysterical.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

"That's as poor as we've played in a month, we've been real competitive here for a month"

.. did he just completely forget about the 9 game losing streak over the last month? I think he should see a doctor.

Exactly.

Team isn't emotionally engaged... No kidding, Dave. I've watched almost every game the past five years. Had the same observations back then. I'm glad you freaking noticed.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Only this market could have a coach who has two wins and 11 losses in the past month say, "we've been real competitive the past month" and not have anyone in the media scrum try to follow up on that. Freaking hysterical.

You don't know what you're talking about. Tippett is a mastermind of a coach, who's advanced analytics helped us capture those two wins. Babcock would have been 1-12, and if Perlini played on the power play over Holland we would be 0-13. Tippett is the best, and it takes time to be good again even though you've been terrible for 5 years.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Bonus points for him saying Dvorak was one of the few players who looked like he cared, after he and Crouse had the lowest TOI on the team all night. Literally every other forward, most of whom weren't even "emotionally engaged" "earned" more ice time than those two. So glad, I skipped this clown show.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Bonus points for him saying Dvorak was one of the few players who looked like he cared, after he and Crouse had the lowest TOI on the team all night. Literally every other forward, most of whom weren't even "emotionally engaged" "earned" more ice time than those two. So glad, I skipped this clown show.
Kinda destroys the argument of "Inexperienced, young team" when they're hardly even playing and it's the terrible veterans running the gong show.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
5 wins in the last 20 games. But we don't have a coaching problem or anything right?

I feel like not scratching the young guys is good enough for the holdout supporters. Even then, significant leeway is given. Chychrun hasn't looked the same since his breather-for-no-reason and it took Duclair ages to stop being micromanaged. DeAngelo is in the AHL for his efforts.

IA is probably so caught up in their financing moonshot that they don't care enough or want to make the effort by firing him. This is not a group that cares a lot about public perception, even by the fans of the team aka the consumers.

I figure he's staying at least this year.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

Says a lot considering Dvo may have been our best forward of the game. This guy is a ****en moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad