GDT: Game 42: Red Wings vs kings 7:00 pm et 1/13/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Stupid penalty by Petry. So unnecessary
Agreed. Though if the game is tied the refs likely let that go as "boys will be boys."

Wings need to play extremely disciplined knowing game management is gonna happen and that was undisciplined.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Ugh how many times do we have to see this same story play out...
Honestly? I think we see it until Lalonde starts holding guys accountable for their screw-ups. I'm his biggest proponent it seems because he's still a new NHL coach, but if you don't hold them accountable, they'll keep making the same mistakes.

Call 'em out, sit 'em in the press box, whatever it takes... but screwing up shouldn't be rewarded with ice time.

Reactions: The Red Line

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
ity.gif

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
It's basically typical Wings hockey. I mean remember the Sharks game. And remember the Flyers game? And remember the whatever game? It's brutal to watch at this point. Do I expect perfection no. But it gets ludicrous when they squander every big lead they have.

Reactions: jkutswings

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's basically typical Wings hockey. I mean remember the Sharks game. And remember the Flyers game? And remember the whatever game? It's brutal to watch at this point. Do I expect perfection no. But it gets ludicrous when they squander every big lead they have.

Teams struggle to close out games as they go from cellar dwellers to being good, but this team has enough veterans on it that they should not be imploding this often when they have a lead.

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Redmond: “First and foremost you have to defend”. Yeah, been a great approach so far this season...
I mean... *have* we actually defended this season? I can count on one hand the number of games where we did that successfully.

No call on Dubois there?

The refs aren't done letting the Kings climb back into it.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Part of it is definitely coaching. Why change lines starting the 3rd. It’s sends the wrong message.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Why do always seem to be like a buncha drunken monkeys when we play in 3rd period? Team needs to practice on closing out games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad