GDT: Game 42: Red Wings vs kings 7:00 pm et 1/13/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Kostin is close, b2b this weekend, rotating goalies. Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings practice before hosting Kings tomorrow at 7 on ⁦
@BallySportsDET
⁩ Perron-Larkin-Raymond
DeBrincat-Compher-Kane
Rasmussen-Copp-Fischer
Fabbri-Veleno-Sprong
Kostin
Walman-Seider
Chiarot-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl
Lyon/Reimer

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I dont get that, you would want your better goalie to play the better team to give you a chance. Reimer is likely gonna get lit up against Toronto unless the defense plays way better.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
damn, if Reimer is playing the Leafs, that's pretty much a guaranteed L. We have a tough time as is against the Leafs, and can never seem to beat them, but Matthews and Nylander are gonna feast on Reimer. Makes tomorrow's game huge, and thankfully L.A has been struggling a lot likely, so hopefully we can get 2 points.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
damn, if Reimer is playing the Leafs, that's pretty much a guaranteed L. We have a tough time as is against the Leafs, and can never seem to beat them, but Matthews and Nylander are gonna feast on Reimer. Makes tomorrow's game huge, and thankfully L.A has been struggling a lot likely, so hopefully we can get 2 points.
Samsonov will likely start for Toronto on Sunday so there is hope.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Samsonov will likely start for Toronto on Sunday so there is hope.
Sammy is way better than Reimer though. I know the stats suggest otherwise, but James Reimer literally moves out of the way when the puck is coming. There are a few examples this season where if he would have stayed still, the puck would have hit him, yet he does the exact opposite of what a goalie is supposed to do, and gets put of the way of the puck...like dude, you're a goalie....

I just don't like him at all, and wish he was waived. Once Husso is healthy, I expect that to happen, but who nows with Yzerman.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Sammy is way better than Reimer though. I know the stats suggest otherwise, but James Reimer literally moves out of the way when the puck is coming. There are a few examples this season where if he would have stayed still, the puck would have hit him, yet he does the exact opposite of what a goalie is supposed to do, and gets put of the way of the puck...like dude, you're a goalie....

I just don't like him at all, and wish he was waived. Once Husso is healthy, I expect that to happen, but who nows with Yzerman.
Hey I am not pretending Reimer is good by any stretch but come on he is better than Samsonov at the moment.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
After January's schedule if we are still in the hunt for a wildcard spot and a healthy Husso I could see Reimer waived. Hutchison now has a two way contract so he could come up if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad