GDT: Game 42: Raffi Torres Appreciation Night | 4-15-13 | 7:00 PM PDT

diceone

Aug 14, 2006
tempe
I think this season goes to show 1 of 2 things:

Either last year was a fluke, or

This compressed season didn't work for us.

Option 3: 77 point player Ray Whitney was a bigger loss than we thought.

I think it's a mix of 2 and 3. With a sprinkle of number 1 in the playoffs.

e;fb.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Can't say I have high hopes at all to run the table for a playoff berth.

Shut out 7 times in 42 games. Can the glaring need for a scoring forward be anymore obvious? It's just unfortunate that we'll likely have to move Yandle to do it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL-Burr_zps3a2206ee.jpg

2qkwn80.gif

SJFanQC

Dec 14, 2010
Laval
Hey guys, good game. Was going to come in and post my video, nice job on the GIF, I feel it will live on HFBoards for a long long time whenever a wtf situation pops up.

lockstock

Dec 16, 2007
Kauai
Rough one tonight.

Ray Whitney talk is insane ... $9m over this year and next is absurd for Dallas, and Dallas has an owner!

This cheered me up ... hopefully it will you too:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hfboards
How do you figure? He's almost at a PPG this season. He has more points than Doan does while playing 12 fewer games this season. His contract is only for 2 years and he's still putting up incredible numbers.

Doan, on the other hand, is definitely showing his age. He's locked up for 4 years for over $21,000,000. His contract is going to look wicked awful in a couple of years. You gotta love the guy, but as a franchise player, he's just not good enough to spend that kind of money on when our budget is so limited. He always starts the season slow. He's streaky. He's really only great on the ice when he gets pissed off, which nowadays is more likely to result in him *****ing out the refs rather than upping his level of play to where it should always be anyway. I love Doan. He's the heart of the franchise. But if it meant winning, I'd gladly have given that money to Whitney instead. At least he had chemistry with a line. Not to mention how invisible Doan was in the playoffs. Last year was about 2 things: Smith standing on his head and Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Guess I didn't miss much leaving at second intermission. My team lost 10-3 but I probably had a lot more fun playing that than what I could have stayed and watched.

Captain Coyote 96 should come and say hi next time.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Guess I didn't miss much leaving at second intermission. My team lost 10-3 but I probably had a lot more fun playing that than what I could have stayed and watched.

Captain Coyote 96 should come and say hi next time.

Oh I will for sure, I missed your guys' PM, because I didn't see it until after I left the arena. Unfortunately since I left 10 minutes early, I also ended up missing Oliver's b̶i̶z̶z̶a̶r̶e̶ erotic little incident.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I feel like Burish initially held Oel which led to the predicament. I feel like Oel didn't want to untangle himself for fear of causing an injury with his skate blades. Burish, being a fat dumb dumb, didn't know how to react so instead of removing Oel from himself he just cried at the referee hoping to somehow sell Oel being on top of him as some kind of interference. Again, because as we all know, burish is a fat dumb dumb.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
So what the hell happened with smith? My understanding is that he just told tippet last minute that he wasn't going to play. Doan seemed annoyed with him in the post game interviews apparently.

I defended Smith too long.. I don't know how much longer I can.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
So what the hell happened with smith? My understanding is that he just told tippet last minute that he wasn't going to play. Doan seemed annoyed with him in the post game interviews apparently.

I defended Smith too long.. I don't know how much longer I can.

After reading Doan and Tippett's comments that Sarah McLellan posted on twitter, I doubt Smith is back next season. They both came off as extremely pissed about his behavior. I'm guessing we see a lot of Jason LaBarbera to finish out the season.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
It really seems like the team let LaBarbera down big time last night, especially in the second period. Even if Smith is being problematic, that's no reason not to put in an effort for a goaltender who has been fairly solid in the past few weeks.

Seems like we only saw bursts of effort from all of the lines except for Moss/Gordon/Klinkhammer, who were putting in strong efforts all night.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
After reading Doan and Tippett's comments that Sarah McLellan posted on twitter, I doubt Smith is back next season. They both came off as extremely pissed about his behavior. I'm guessing we see a lot of Jason LaBarbera to finish out the season.

Can someone please post the tweets? I deleted my twitter a few weeks ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad