GDT: Game 42: Raffi Torres Appreciation Night | 4-15-13 | 7:00 PM PDT

albertabound

Jan 25, 2008
I need to add to that I think Bolduc and Chipchura and whoever they threw in played a good game, nice passes from Chip just no finishing. Do you guys think Chipchura will get re-sign with Coyotes?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Can someone please post the tweets? I deleted my twitter a few weeks ago.

Smitty came in with the reputation of being a bit of head case and it's certainly shown itself this year. I think he's played his last game as a Coyote.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
There's nothing damning other than the usual Smith is injured, can't go talk. Tippett didn't seem happy about it and was very blunt in the presser, so it sounds like he probably should have played or is trying to sit out for another reason. Maybe he doesn't want to risk a bad game or injury before he hits free agency. I'm pretty sure Smith faked a concussion or injury around the deadline so he wouldn't be traded away from his family.

And Doan's quote::
“If you’re gonna give up, then I don’t want you on my team. If we think that’s an issue, then obviously we have even bigger issues."

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Doan's quote was in response to a general question about if the team would push on while unlikely to make the playoffs. He was only asked about how much it hurt not having Smith in there to which Doan stood up for Barbs, he never made any comments specific to Smith or him not playing. As for Tip's quotes:

Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 13h

Tippett on Smith's status: “He just came in this morning and said he couldn’t play."

"We didn't think it would be an issue but it ended up being an issue," Tippett said when asked if aware of Smith's issue Sunday.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Interesting thoughts. Thanks guys.

Smith can **** off for all I care. I am done sticking up for the D-bag.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Seems like we only saw bursts of effort from all of the lines except for Moss/Gordon/Klinkhammer, who were putting in strong efforts all night.
That line doesn't have enough talent to get by without strong effort, so no surprise there.

What are thoughts about Tipp's "we need players who are going to have an impact on the game" refrain? He's disappointed about skill, not effort, right?

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Since this is the Torres appreciation thread.... *there's* the guy we should have had doing shootouts. Anyone see him beat Quick to win the game in the SO just now?:amazed:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Since this is the Torres appreciation thread.... *there's* the guy we should have had doing shootouts. Anyone see him beat Quick to win the game in the SO just now?:amazed:
You clicked on the wrong thread good sir.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I'm pretty sure Smith faked a concussion or injury around the deadline so he wouldn't be traded away from his family.
It can be hard to tell with those soft-tissue injuries, you know. Sometimes they don't show up on any tests, but man they hurt. :sarcasm:

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Technically not. This is the Torres appreciation thread ;)

He might point out to you that there is another thread. It had been inactive for 11 days and I did not notice it down there when I posted. I lashed myself with a wet noodle 40 times, beat my chest, and heaped dirt on myself.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Technically not. This is the Torres appreciation thread ;)
Nope, THIS is the Torres appreciation thread. I only pointed it out because a lot of people don't check GDT threads for that sort of discussion. I was actually trying to help out DirtyOldMan, not be the thread police.

He might point out to you that there is another thread. It had been inactive for 11 days and I did not notice it down there when I posted. I lashed myself with a wet noodle 40 times, beat my chest, and heaped dirt on myself.
Good, you deserved it! :cheers:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad