GDT: Game 42 - Oilers @ Coyotes - 1/12/16 - 7PM

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Stone with another bad night, 2 Assists and 2nd Highest TOI for a D man. C-

Stone has been playing much better now that he's not up against everyone else's #1

Still, everyone is going to have 'great' nights here and there, even Chipchura. doesn't mean that we still couldn't use an upgrade at several positions.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Last night, my dad and I went to the game together. We were both very tired from work and when the Oil went up 3-1 we looked at each other and agreed that if Edmonton scored again, we'd pack it up early. It was that kind of game, and last year got us into bad habits.

Boy, am I glad we stayed.

There are not enough superlatives in my vocabulary for Max Domi. He should (but won't) win the Calder this year. On any other team in the league he'd win it going away. Not just because of his scoring but because of his effect on his team. He has single-handedly elevated this team to another level. Tippett doesn't like putting him and Duclair on the same line because I guess he wants the rookies to learn to play with other players, but when Domi, Duclair, and Hanzal team up, it's just magic. It's a bonafide top line, which I don't remember us having over the 11 years I've had season tickets.

I don't know if this run the Coyotes are on is sustainable - I know for a fact that when Mike Smith comes back, the team will be toast - but it's fun and it's entertaining and it's worth my money. It's been a pretty long time since I've been able to say that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad