Post-Game Talk: GAME 42 - BRUINS make a statement - BRUINS 4 Toronto 3 F

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I watched the game on Sportsnet, eventually with the volume muted and listened to music. Each time I watch this it only confirms to me there is a higher up anti Bruin agenda with some Canadian TV media.

Craig Simpson went on and on about the non call on Ullmark and the Krecji fantom tap of the glove but ignored the skate incident. As did all the sports news channels with the game hi-lites.

The Sportnet panel to thier credit rightfully dismissed the stick throw but never mentioned the kicking incident or why the Bruins players were after Bunting.

Fred Flinstone head Friedman whined about the non stick call during the after show and only that. They all had the skate footage, image if it was Marchand that did that. They simply ignored it or were told too.
I can't say for sure, but imo it does seem like that!

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I watched the game on Sportsnet, eventually with the volume muted and listened to music. Each time I watch this it only confirms to me there is a higher up anti Bruin agenda with some Canadian TV media.

Craig Simpson went on and on about the non call on Ullmark and the Krecji fantom tap of the glove but ignored the skate incident. As did all the sports news channels with the game hi-lites.

The Sportnet panel to thier credit rightfully dismissed the stick throw but never mentioned the kicking incident or why the Bruins players were after Bunting.

Fred Flinstone head Friedman whined about the non stick call during the after show and only that. They all had the skate footage, image if it was Marchand that did that. They simply ignored it or were told too.
Friedman is what I call over rated not to mention another Bruins hater.Even Bieska who I would undertstand if he hates Bruins gives Boston more credit.I dont even watch that panel they suck .Bunch of wind bags.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Leafs surviving on power players and the Mathews and Marner combo
B’s know can’t win in the playoffs with one line

F*** Matthews, punk move. NESN cameras should’ve zoomed in on his punk face & his goofy mustache as the seconds ticked off the clock. Salty Leaf tears the morning after another B’s win go great with my egg omelets.
Mathews contract up after next year he will end up in Arizona with Bedard

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Just curious why you think this should have been a penalty - why would Ullmark throw his stick in that situation - looked like he was reaching and he lost the grip. It would have ended up near the boards and of no use to him. Doesn't make sense to me in that case.

Because as per the rulebook it doesn't matter whether the stick leaves the hand deliberately or accidentally - if it's thrown, it's a penalty. Given the distance that stick travelled, it can't just be said that Ullmark dropped it or had it knocked loose, especially when it went right towards the puck carrier. I don't think it was deliberate either, but it doesn't matter, it should have been called. Fortunately for us it wasn't, but it should have been.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Sunday, January 15 (Boston, MA)

- No scheduled practice or media availability

Monday, January 16 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 11:40 a.m.

- Game vs Philadelphia Flyers, 1 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

Tuesday, January 17 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)

- Practice, 11:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following practice

- Travel to New York

Wednesday, January 18 (UBS Arena, Elmont, New York)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs New York Islanders, 7:30 p.m. (TV: TNT, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Manhattan

Thursday, January 19 (Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY)

- Morning skate, 11 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following morning skate

- Game vs New York Rangers, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Travel to Boston

Friday, January 20 (Boston, MA)

- TBD
Awesome - matinee game on Monday I can watch at work. Stress-free too I might add because nothing matters now until the playoffs.

LIVE FROM THE RUBBER ROOM

”Rubber room” lol.
Most sense he’s ever made tho.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I know it’s probably blasphemous to say around these parts, but I hate that team more than the Habs. I have a healthy respect for their skill, but I absolutely detest them.

I agree with you in a way but it would help if we ever played Montreal anymore.

Agreed, with the current format (and their recent irrelevance) the rivalry has become very watered down.

I miss those games so much!

3 times they play and it will be 3 Bruins wins.
As annoying as the Maple Leafs are, and as dangerous as they are, until they actually knock the Bruins out of the playoffs, they are but a nuisance.

The Montreal Canadiens have won more Stanley Cup titles in Boston than the Bruins have. They have met in 34 playoff series, and the Habs have won 25 of those, including 18 in a row between 1943 and 1988. Too many heartbreaks to list. My grandfather, my father, and I have all seen Bruins teams that should have beaten Montreal find some way to lose.

It would take DECADES for the Toronto Maple Leafs to replicate the harm the Canadiens have inflicted on the Bruins and their fans. And just because the Canadiens aren’t “good” right now doesn’t mean they are to be taken lightly.

The Bruins will never beat them badly enough or enough times to satisfy me.

Je me souviens.

I’m going to the game on March 23, and if the Bruins win 7-0, I’ll still be mad because they didn’t go for the 2-pt. conversion.

I hate them.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Leafs surviving on power players and the Mathews and Marner combo
B’s know can’t win in the playoffs with one line

Mathews contract up after next year he will end up in Arizona with Bedard

Can see Matthews leaving Toronto but he won't go to Arizona. Guy has a pretty big ego that will not be satisfied tootling around in the backwaters of Phoenix, not even as an AZ native. Something like a rebuilding and on the rise Blackhawks (if they can manage it), for example, might be a more likely landing place.

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and throwing Bunting, Matthews, and Simmonds in the nearest dumpster*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle needed 2 hours to calm down after this game* :phew:

Damn what a game. It had everything: insane goalie saves, a great fight (love you Uncle Nick!) and scoring from players who don't usually score (AJ Greer, Gryz) plus once again crushing the Leafs and their fans psychologically. I mean, what was not to love about this game? :dunno: :)

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Can see Matthews leaving Toronto but he won't go to Arizona. Guy has a pretty big ego that will not be satisfied tootling around in the backwaters of Phoenix, not even as an AZ native. Something like a rebuilding and on the rise Blackhawks (if they can manage it), for example, might be a more likely landing place.

Would be hilarious if he signed with the Islanders or something.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Hell the RCMP would have been in the Bruins locker room after the game to arrest him :eyeroll:
Yes no doubt. Watching the game on Sportsnet can be insufferable with the homer Leafs fans calling the game and it between periods media folk.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad