GDT: Game #41: vs. San Jose, April 13th, 7:00PM

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
If you want to cheer for the postseason fine. Winning is fun. With this win streak the best we could pick is probably 6-9 if we were to tank now. Maybe that doesn't excite you. However that is much better than the alternative of a picking around 12-14 if we were to push hard and fall short like we have the past few seasons. I am for one very concerned with what I am seeing because it doesn't look sustainable. Things like Fiddler's point streak and Chiasson's scoring percentage are red flags. Do we look better as a team? Certainly. We just have very little room for error here if your goal is to make the playoffs. Right now we have about a 30% chance. A win tonight bumps us up to 40% a loss bumps us down to 20%.

Bkennedy*

If you want to cheer for the postseason fine. Winning is fun. With this win streak the best we could pick is probably 6-9 if we were to tank now. Maybe that doesn't excite you. However that is much better than the alternative of a picking around 12-14 if we were to push hard and fall short like we have the past few seasons. I am for one very concerned with what I am seeing because it doesn't look sustainable. Things like Fiddler's point streak and Chiasson's scoring percentage are red flags. Do we look better as a team? Certainly. We just have very little room for error here if your goal is to make the playoffs. Right now we have about a 30% chance. A win tonight bumps us up to 40% a loss bumps us down to 20%.

A win tonight puts us hardcore in the drivers seat over Detroit. 7 games after this and we can afford to drop back 2 behind Detroit going into the last game since we have the tiebreaker. Also can't count out ninny failing.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
A win tonight puts us hardcore in the drivers seat over Detroit. 7 games after this and we can afford to drop back 2 behind Detroit going into the last game since we have the tiebreaker. Also can't count out ninny failing.

I know that but something as small as a two game losing streak throws us back out again. Detroit has a better coach and has been better at picking up points even when they lose this season. ROW advantage doesn't mean anything unless we are tied and we could easily be beat by one point again.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I know that but something as small as a two game losing streak throws us back out again. Detroit has a better coach and has been better at picking up points even when they lose this season. ROW advantage doesn't mean anything unless we are tied and we could easily be beat by one point again.

I'll just try to enjoy the ride. Overanalyzing every possibility is just stressful.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Eric Nystrom would like to thank all the tankers for showing up tonight.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Love the confidence from Nystrom to take that shot. Right under the glove and off the post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad