Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
13j09.gif

Someone made a gif :laugh:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
They should make or break a player being a #1C, especially with Benn's rather weak season...

For the past two years I've wanted Chiasson on Benn's wing at some point because Chiasson has been excellent on faceoffs.

Now .... right now he's below 30% with only a handful of attempts, but I can tell you with little doubt he was very good in all the NCAA games and AHL games I've watched for him. Razor did mention that Chiasson is much more comfortable on the right dot though than the left. In a perfect world, he and Benn would just take strong side faceoffs only. Cody Eakin had a learning curve when it came to faceoffs at the NHL level as well. He's much better right now, but he was weaker earlier this season which is why his average is below 50% right now. I think Chiasson after some more experience will be an excellent faceoff option for the Stars.

Regarding Chiasson playing center, I've only noticed him take faceoffs from the wing ... just like Steve Ott in Dallas. His faceoff ability doesn't mean he's a natural center. The only time he's played some center was his junior year in college when so many of his teammates were leaving school early for juniors, getting arrested, or getting hurt. His junior year to say the least was chaotic off the ice.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Unsustainable- we're going to start tanking (like we should be) unless someone else steps up (nobody plesde)

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX

That was awful. Talent doesn't win games or championships because the Pens have won one series since 2009 and the Hawks haven't won a series since 2010. It was Lidstrom's work ethic that separated him from other d-men. The Kings low seed last year was because they weren't that talented despite being loaded with talent. The Edmonton Oilers are the most talented team in the league :laugh: and in the NHL the most talented team routinely finishes in last place. Absolute GARBAGE article.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
The Boston Bruins would blowout an NHL all-star rostered team? Okay, I've ****ing seen it all on this board now.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
You guys know that Thursday Morning Cup Check is mostly a joke right? Like a less funny, Stars focused Down Goes Brown?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad