GDT: Game #41: vs. San Jose, April 13th, 7:00PM

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No Cin, we (the Dallas Stars) are going to go out there and beat the San Jose Sharks and make the playoffs. There's no tanking involved.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Pretty sure Ray Whitney could pilot a helicopter better than that.

Brand New Stars

That video was a lot more boring than I thought it'd be.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
Time to tie up the Wings!

Screw tanking, just play hard and whatever pick we end up with is the pick we deserve.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Still can't watch the game, but hopefully the guys will have a good tank tonight and nobody will show any unnecessary effort out there.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
We're to the point now, where we're ****ed either way with the draft. We'll be outside of the top 10 (Yeah it's a DEEP draft, and there's great talent) or you attempt to push through the first round of the playoffs.

I wan't a better pick.
Since they've already won too much to have a great draft pick, I'm all for a playoff run. Even if the team gets bounced quickly in the first round, it would be good for a lot of these guys to see how different the playoff game is.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
For the record I'm wearing my Jagr jersey tonight. Haven't worn it during this anti-tank streak.

So............... sorry guys.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
Since they've already won too much to have a great draft pick, I'm all for a playoff run. Even if the team gets bounced quickly in the first round, it would be good for a lot of these guys to see how different the playoff game is.

We have a young team, and they need to learn that they need to work their ass off and hustle in order to succeed. If we tank, you are sending the wrong message to the future of the team. Never tank, ever, the draft will sort itself out.

If we tank the front office is basically saying "Hey! We just traded your captain and Jaromir Jagr because this team wasn't playing up to expectations. But now we want you to keep losing so we can replace you with top draft picks." Where is the accountability in this organization if we do that? It's a good thing this team has responded. It shows they received a message, it shows accountability.

Last edited:

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Time to tie up the Wings!

Screw tanking, just play hard and whatever pick we end up with is the pick we deserve.

This will be the first year in the last four that i would be okay with finishing 9th or 10th in the west. This team isn't bad enough to get one of those top franchise players, so you might as well take a run at it. I'm just glad they traded the UFAs for assets this year and finally made the right decision instead of losing them for nothing.

I doubt the Stars could really do too much damage in the playoffs anyways. Our defence is still too suspect to sustain a good run. If you look at the teams in the West the Stars have allowed the 3rd most goals ( but have actually scored the 4th most behind Chicago, Anaheim, and LA).

If we make the playoffs great! If we finishing 9th or 10th we will still get a good prospect as this year's top 20 or so prospects look great. If we end up tanking the rest of the year then we get an unreal prospect.

I'm down for whatever at this point just enjoying all the young guys (and Whitney)

MetalGodAOD*

This..All this tank talk is beyond annoying and just sounds so stupid..Literally almost every post has the word tank in it...I think we all get it....:shakehead

I think you're missing the superstition/tongue-in-cheek aspect at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad