Pre-Game Talk: Game #41 | Vancouver Canucks vs. Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Left the lines same as they were until we know who's in. One that note, I have long wondered if we ought to consider splitting up the Sedins. Yes, it comes up every season but Daniel's regression/transition to a playmaking winger makes him a far less viable threat. What I would like to see attempted is the following:

Burrows - Henrik - Vrbata
Daniel - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Matthias - Richardson - Vey/Dorsett

Possibly swap Kassian and Hansen, but I think Daniel paired with Bonino would allow Bo to utilize his shot more.

i'd like to see

Daniel Bonino Vrbata
Burrows Henrik Kassian
Higgins Horvat Hansen
Matthias Richardson Dorsett

arsmaster*

IMO, Nashville is the template for how we should be looking to build for the future. Obviously getting a Shea Weber is next to impossible, but having a lineup full of strong two way players behind a deep defense and a talented goalie is the way to go. No need to hang onto the idea that you need a #1C and a #1D to compete.

I think it's pretty spectacular to see how good they are right now. Going to be a very tough test.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
IMO, Nashville is the template for how we should be looking to build for the future. Obviously getting a Shea Weber is next to impossible, but having a lineup full of strong two way players behind a deep defense and a talented goalie is the way to go. No need to hang onto the idea that you need a #1C and a #1D to compete.

I think it's pretty spectacular to see how good they are right now. Going to be a very tough test.

Well we got the 2 way players (future) and maybe the goalie. Defense is the problem for us. But ya, I like the way their team is built.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I miss the crazy line juggling of AV and even Torts. Our second line and powerplay unit need to be thrown away.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
ah yes, nothing like byron bitz or lapierre on the first line...sure do miss those days

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Erat for Forsberg trade. It would be like us trading Horvat for Chris Kelly. Why?

Preds are beasts at ES. 60GA in 40 games. If we are going to get to them it'll be on the PP.

Weber had a nice beatdown on Cooke in their last game if anyone missed it:

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Left the lines same as they were until we know who's in. One that note, I have long wondered if we ought to consider splitting up the Sedins. Yes, it comes up every season but Daniel's regression/transition to a playmaking winger makes him a far less viable threat. What I would like to see attempted is the following:

Burrows - Henrik - Vrbata
Daniel - Bonino - Kassian
Higgins - Horvat - Hansen
Matthias - Richardson - Vey/Dorsett

Possibly swap Kassian and Hansen, but I think Daniel paired with Bonino would allow Bo to utilize his shot more.

Love that line up. But the way it's been going put Vey on Lw with richardson and Dorset and sit Higgins for Matthias

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Wonder if Horvat's the latest victim of this flu ravaging the team? Just great. :(

Given that fact (team flu) and the overall lack of effort in the last few games, I'm not feeling entirely optimistic. This team has caught me off guard before, though, so at least there's that!

I think the flu is a big part of how we've looked lately. Not making excuses but the timing very much makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad