GDT: Game 41: Ottawa vs Coyotes - 7:00pm - BSAZ - Half Way There Edition

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Was confused by your look at Chicago comment. Can you explain that... understand the rest of what you said..

I believe his point is that the casual fan stays home when the team sucks, even in Chicago. Hawks home attendance was 100% of capacity for many years when they were one of the leagues best teams. This year it's running at 80%.

BTW, the average home attendance for the Yotes this season is 4600. Officially, every game is sold out.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I thought OEL would get new life up north absent all of the Arizona media pressure.
I thought OEL had a good year last year, and I thought he was doing fine this year as well. He's second in D scoring and logging 20 TOI a game. Seems strange to me.

Moser should have put Cat on his ass instead of letting him whack at the puck
Easier said than done.

Reactions: LittlePipes

Yotesin4

Nov 9, 2016
Mesa, AZ
Agreed, but this team is still trash. Anybody that is sitting pretty with this is delusional. The average casual fan is not going to attend games regularly when the on ice product is f***ing shit. Look at Chicago. Does not matter what you delusional weirdos say about this "east valley this and that, oh our fans are in the east, they should have no problem selling out games!" it's time we get rid of all this talk and start taking some strides is being a competitive team

" favorite team since 2016!"
You realize that was 7 years ago right? Pretty low standards for the people around here, eh?
Do you think that management isn't trying to take strides by designing the team the way they have? They did an incredible job putting together a group of guys that like each other, are fun to watch, but can likely achieve the goal of tanking for Bedard. This team isn't cringe, but something here is.

• Haha
Reactions: XX and Coyotes19c

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Veg’s gear is so damn good. No one can compete with his look tonight
Best thing about the orange sweaters!

Keep the competitive losses coming. Earlier this season we had some fun and laughs but it’s time to get to business.
The losses will increase, I worry about our friend Jakey starting to lose interest again!
:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: YotesFan47

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Agreed, but this team is still trash. Anybody that is sitting pretty with this is delusional. The average casual fan is not going to attend games regularly when the on ice product is f***ing shit. Look at Chicago. Does not matter what you delusional weirdos say about this "east valley this and that, oh our fans are in the east, they should have no problem selling out games!" it's time we get rid of all this talk and start taking some strides is being a competitive team

" favorite team since 2016!"
You realize that was 7 years ago right? Pretty low standards for the people around here, eh?
I’m confused by this. Are you saying that building a real team, slowly through the draft is the wrong strategy?

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Well, I'm not enjoying the loses, but the effort is there most nights.
I'll take the losses with effort over what we had with RT every day of the week. Not only did his team's lose, but they did so while being boring and lacking any level of sophistication in the systems. This is 100x better, and we look like our system will have actual prospects that could make us better. I hate that we're rebuilding, but I love what I'm seeing everywhere else.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'll take the losses with effort over what we had with RT every day of the week. Not only did his team's lose, but they did so while being boring and lacking any level of sophistication in the systems. This is 100x better, and we look like our system will have actual prospects that could make us better. I hate that we're rebuilding, but I love what I'm seeing everywhere else.
Same.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If running around by your back line like a chicken with its head cut off in the face of a 2 man press sophistication, sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad