GDT: Game 41: Montreal vs Seattle, 7:30 PM | SN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
When Chicago deals Kane and Toews...look out
I hope nobody wants them. frickin' tanksters. I'm afraid one tank year with the assets they can move will immediately jump them ahead of us with their rebuild. This is an organization who obviously "knows when to fold them." :mad:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I hope nobody wants them. frickin' tanksters. I'm afraid one tank year with the assets they can move will immediately jump them ahead of us with their rebuild. This is an organization who obviously "knows when to fold them." :mad:
No honor in how they have operated for many years.

Reactions: Rapala

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Help me settle an argument. Would it be a faux paus, as an NHL player, to wear 97? To me it's like my generation's version of wearing 66. May not be retired, but you just don't do it. Kaprizov is the only one worthy of sharing 97 imo.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Help me settle an argument. Would it be a faux paus, as an NHL player, to wear 97? To me it's like my generation's version of wearing 66. May not be retired, but you just don't do it. Kaprizov is the only one worthy of sharing 97 imo.
Did the NHL retire the number? If not then no it is not a faux pas.

You yourself state nobody should wear it but then state Kaprizov can.

Imagine CM moves from the Oil & a new guy wears that number immediately :laugh:.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I hope nobody wants them. frickin' tanksters. I'm afraid one tank year with the assets they can move will immediately jump them ahead of us with their rebuild. This is an organization who obviously "knows when to fold them." 

This is exactly why I'm sick of the same teams being able to draft franchise forwards. They might have a couple down years but rebound quickly. It's the Habs turn. I don't give a crap about MAKING the playoffs, I want to compete for a damn cup every year!

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Did the NHL retire the number? If not then no it is not a faux pas.

You yourself state nobody should wear it but then state Kaprizov can.

Imagine CM moves from the Oil & a new guy wears that number immediately :laugh:.
To me, if you wear a well-established superstar's number (#99, #66, #77, and #68 [no not Hoffman]) you gotta prove you're as good or better. It's like a code of honour thing. I guess that's just my inner Boomer speaking:laugh:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Also, if any one has any must try or things to do suggestions for an out of towner coming in to Montreal for a Habs game.. please feel free to message me with em. Cheers!

St Joseph Oratory. Get on your knees climb the stairs and light a lampion for Bedard.

Any restaurant on Rue St-Paul x Place Jacques Cartier

Where's my girl Alicia Moffet at

In your dreams 😆

Reactions: Stive Morgan

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
If The Hoff is allowed to wear Jagr’s number so can another player wear McDavid’s number.

Or is it the other way around? Jagr wearing the Hoff’s number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad