GDT: Game 41: Let's make it an official streak! Preds @ Wings - 4.8 - 6:30p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Fans of other teams ARE allowed to post on any forum they want, as long as they are following the rules. If you feel they have violated a site rule, feel free to use the report function. If not, and your schtick is to try and get a rise out of them to get them in trouble, just don't.

If you continue down this path, your welcome on this forum will be short lived.
Since you, a mod, have joined in on this discussion related to my presence here, I must ask - using capital letters, while making a joke that refers to a previous conversation with a Predators fan and Predators rising from the slump, while your GDTs have the theme they have is not against the Terms of Rules and Services, is it?

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Since you, a mod, have joined in on this discussion related to my presence here, I must ask - using capital letters, while making a joke that refers to a previous conversation with a Predators fan and Predators rising from the slump, while your GDTs have the theme they have is not against the Terms of Rules and Services, is it?

Not at all. I'd suggest that you've been a welcome addition to our little home.

Jul 12, 2007
Fans of other teams ARE allowed to post on any forum they want, as long as they are following the rules. If you feel they have violated a site rule, feel free to use the report function. If not, and your schtick is to try and get a rise out of them to get them in trouble, just don't.

If you continue down this path, your welcome on this forum will be short lived.
Yes, I have posted on other team boards myself. Where I also like that team, and can say something positive / interesting.
And not repeating something in all caps, over and over. Which sounds somewhat insulting.
If I kept yelling SHIT PHOENIX !!! at somebody over and over, I would expect normal folks to be annoyed by it, and wish it would stop.

Last edited:

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Yes, I have posted on other team boards myself. Where I also like that team, and can say something positive / interesting.

Once again, if you feel that specific posters have done something to violate site rules on this board, feel free to use the report button.

Jul 12, 2007
Once again, if you feel that specific posters have done something to violate site rules on this board, feel free to use the report button.
And once again, I’m a grown man who doesn’t do things like run to moderators or hall monitors. I think you’ve gotten that exactly backwards in this little exchange.
And for the hearing impaired ....
yes. I. Know. All caps. isn’t illegal. Its only something that everybody who ever posted on the internet has said “hey, quit doing that” toward.
I guess yelling SHIT PHOENIX !!! Repeated 20 times isn’t illegal either. Go do that in a bar lol.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
And once again, I’m a grown man who doesn’t do things like run to moderators or hall monitors. I think you’ve gotten that exactly backwards in this little exchange.
yes. I. Know. All caps. isn’t illegal. Its only something that everybody who ever posted on the internet has said “hey, quit doing that” toward.
I guess yelling SHIT PHOENIX !!! Repeated 20 times isn’t illegal either. Go do that in a bar lol.
If you scratch the zero in twenty you get the actual number. And yes, I did use the search function.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

I haven't gotten anything backwards. For the final time, if you have an issue with another poster, please feel free to use the report button. If you have an issue with site moderation, I suggest you take that up with an admin. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to them.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
@PredsV82

I SEE YOUR KIN TOOK THAT THING WITH SHIT PHOENIX QUITE LITERALLY.

RISE SHIT PHOENIX RISE.

Just now saw this... yes, amazingly we have soared out of the septic tank and into a playoff spot.. almost so quickly that I'd liken it to a Doctor Who regeneration... largely on the strength of a bunch of rookies and a goalie who has found his groove

Really appreciate your sympathy and support but if the season ended today our teams would play each other in the first round so I suppose we will have to be just a bit more seriously confrontational.

BEWARE THE SHIT ENCRUSTED PHOENIX!

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
Just now saw this... yes, amazingly we have soared out of the septic tank and into a playoff spot.. almost so quickly that I'd liken it to a Doctor Who regeneration... largely on the strength of a bunch of rookies and a goalie who has found his groove

Really appreciate your sympathy and support but if the season ended today our teams would play each other in the first round so I suppose we will have to be just a bit more seriously confrontational.

BEWARE THE SHIT ENCRUSTED PHOENIX!
I'LL TOOT MY OWN HORN AND REMIND YOU THAT I PREDICTED IT.

If the time comes for a play-off series, I'MA HEAD OUT. TENSIONS ARE PRETTY HIGH WHEN THE CUP IS AT STAKE. BESIDES, I'LL BE BUSY AT OUR PLACE.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'LL TOOT MY OWN HORN AND REMIND YOU THAT I PREDICTED IT.

If the time comes for a play-off series, I'MA HEAD OUT. TENSIONS ARE PRETTY HIGH WHEN THE CUP IS AT STAKE. BESIDES, I'LL BE BUSY AT OUR PLACE.

Word.

You guys could simplify things by dropping the two games we have coming up next weekend... we would lock in at 4 but you could drop out of the 1 spot and avoid having to try to defeat the beast you yourself helped create...

JUST A SUGGESTION...

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Saw the back and forth on Hynes. Two things....
1)he is coaching a bunch that are in his wheelhouse right now...young developing talent who need less motivation and more direction
2) we are gonna see what the young guns can do against the better teams real soon. Like my recent NPPG scores, expect a reversion to the mean.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Move quicker because that would be an unbelievably aggressive forecheck
Meh... Good teams use the center of the ice. Yeah every once in a while you'll get burned or someone will make the wrong play to the center when it's clogged up but you can't be predictable and use the boards all the time.
This kind of goes along with the fact that our goalies are no longer just throwing the puck around the boards hoping for something to happen, unless that is the call by the Dmen. They now are at least looking to connect a pass to a Dman in the corner who then moves it to the open forward. It's all about puck possession.

Reactions: bdub24

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
Saw the back and forth on Hynes. Two things....
1)he is coaching a bunch that are in his wheelhouse right now...young developing talent who need less motivation and more direction
2) we are gonna see what the young guns can do against the better teams real soon. Like my recent NPPG scores, expect a reversion to the mean.
Exactly. He has the kid coach background. It’s what he does. Will Ellis, Duchene and Forsberg respond to his coaching? They aren’t kids and do have egos. That situation will be interesting to watch

Reactions: bdub24

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Meh... Good teams use the center of the ice. Yeah every once in a while you'll get burned or someone will make the wrong play to the center when it's clogged up but you can't be predictable and use the boards all the time.
This kind of goes along with the fact that our goalies are no longer just throwing the puck around the boards hoping for something to happen, unless that is the call by the Dmen. They now are at least looking to connect a pass to a Dman in the corner who then moves it to the open forward. It's all about puck possession.
Oh yeah - but I dont mean goalie passes. I’m talking about our ‘high skill’ guys like Davies to Haula to exit the zone. We will get burned if they keep it up.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Oh yeah - but I dont mean goalie passes. I’m talking about our ‘high skill’ guys like Davies to Haula to exit the zone. We will get burned if they keep it up.
There were definitely a couple of errant passes to the middle last night. Hopefully, a little film review can clean that up but I'm not sure Davies will be in the lineup if the team gets healthy.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
There were definitely a couple of errant passes to the middle last night. Hopefully, a little film review can clean that up but I'm not sure Davies will be in the lineup if the team gets healthy.

He may be forced out when we get healthy but he's making some impressions now and getting a good look. Carrier and Davies have made the most out of their opportunities. I think they'll both get a real good look next season.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
He may be forced out when we get healthy but he's making some impressions now and getting a good look. Carrier and Davies have made the most out of their opportunities. I think they'll both get a real good look next season.
Agreed, I think Carrier is a lock to stay in the lineup. Davies might always be the kind of player that you want to have a shock collar on.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I just don't understand why Hynes gets the penalty. Coaches like Quennville, Laviolette, Tortorella, Sullivan will bitch and scream at refs and never get called for anything.

I want to see a Coach go all Bobby Knight and toss all of the extra equipment out onto the ice, then go and move both goals around before leaving! That would be so cool!

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Davies and Farrance may turn out to be a battle if we end up keeping Ekholm. Josi-Ekholm leaves one spot for a LD. I don't think you want to switch one of those guys to RD and pair them or anything. Davies needs more seasoning to improve his decision-making and adjust to what is expected when you are a 3rd-pair guy. Farrance... no idea yet. But we have time to figure it out, so it's no emergency or anything.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Davies and Farrance may turn out to be a battle if we end up keeping Ekholm. Josi-Ekholm leaves one spot for a LD. I don't think you want to switch one of those guys to RD and pair them or anything. Davies needs more seasoning to improve his decision-making and adjust to what is expected when you are a 3rd-pair guy. Farrance... no idea yet. But we have time to figure it out, so it's no emergency or anything.
I wouldn't seel Harpur short either. Defensively, he's solid, and he's huge which helps on the PK.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I wouldn't seel Harpur short either. Defensively, he's solid, and he's huge which helps on the PK.
So far anyway Harpur is actually what I really want in a 3rd pair LD. He keeps it simple most of the time. He doesn't get over-aggressive, but he's big enough and will interpose himself if the situation seems to call for it. He doesn't need any help.

But we've also only seen him for 22 games and other organizations kicked him to the curb eventually too. Sort of like with Tinordi, maybe his positive first impression may yet fade with time. Or not. But I'd defnitely be looking to re-sign him for next season anyway and see. And to punt the Farrance/Davies battle to Milwaukee for next season. (Pending any further data from Farrance that shows he's ready for more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad