GDT: Game 41: Let's make it an official streak! Preds @ Wings - 4.8 - 6:30p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Preds have won 10 of the past 12, but barely got by the last place Red Wings on Tuesday with a shootout win. Let's come out tonight and dominate, no close game. Show the league that the Preds are for real by winning in a....

BLOWOUT!!!

baby-diaper-blowouts.jpg

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
The Wings have been playing better and have beaten the top teams in the division recently. They aren't an easy win right now.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
The Wings have been playing better and have beaten the top teams in the division recently. They aren't an easy win right now.

Yeah after a terrible start they've actually been better than Dallas and Columbus over the last 30 games or so. They aren't great but they aren't Buffalo either.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
And just think...after just 13-14 years after that picture was taken, that person lying on the table will be screaming at the person that took the picture how they dont know anything and are embarrassed by them.

Reactions: Lug and triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
And just think...after just 13-14 years after that picture was taken, that person lying on the table will be screaming at the person that took the picture how they dont know anything and are embarrassed by them.
So I'm thinking I took the wrong pictures of my kids when they were little. No blackmail material like this. :(

Reactions: bdub24

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
That pic is the newest Covid test. "Hey, can you smell this?"
Never had COVID, but I can smell it through the screen. The best is that smell wafting to the front seat from the car seat behind you, letting you know what horrors await as you pull into dinner somewhere. We just got out of the diaper stage entirely within the last 18 months, but we were on a 7 year straight plan. I do not miss it.

Reactions: LCPreds

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
So guesses until we see who is actually the dressed 6th d-man.
Basically. Projected lines on the preds website said Lewington/Farrance. I’m hoping farrance, With all the injuries this would be the best time to get him a few games in

Reactions: SouthNash

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So I'm thinking I took the wrong pictures of my kids when they were little. No blackmail material like this. :(

I'm so happy that I have "The Christmas Poop" video of my son. Just before we left for grandmom's on his first Christmas, he had a blowout, it was all over his outfit, the sofa, the floor, mom and dad, the diaper bag... Then we finally got it all cleaned up and during the new diaper he pees on mom. It's a family classic now.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hello guys, your thoughts on Haula? 3G/8A/36GP, no goals in last 12 with plenty of ice time. I barely have an occasion to watch your games but i read your GDT's and you guys almost never mention his name. It means he doesnt create anything/is invisible or is just meh out there? Used to like his game back in days, hard working player with nice scoring touch.

Second thing - i see Trenin with more TOI, shooting more often, but nothing on scoreboard. Snakebitten? Bad partners? i watched him in KHL this year, saw some potential in this kid and wish him all the best in Nashville

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hello guys, your thoughts on Haula? 3G/8A/36GP, no goals in last 12 with plenty of ice time. I barely have an occasion to watch your games but i read your GDT's and you guys almost never mention his name. It means he doesnt create anything/is invisible or is just meh out there? Used to like his game back in days, hard working player with nice scoring touch.

Second thing - i see Trenin with more TOI, shooting more often, but nothing on scoreboard. Snakebitten? Bad partners? i watched him in KHL this year, saw some potential in this kid and wish him all the best in Nashville
I thought Haula was pretty useless/invisible/ineffective the first couple of months. But the last few weeks he has been better. I think everybody benefits now from having more clearly defined roles and consistent lines. Now it's not a line-blender every game, but just occasional tweaks to adapt to injuries. So in that context, Haula as the designated 3rd line center has been better than when he was just one of the guys randomly scattered all over the place. He does seem to be working reasonably hard, I have not seen any scoring touch to speak of. So he's earning his spot in the lineup now, whereas for the first couple of months I would have cheerfully ditched him for a 5th round pick. That said, I have no desire to see Haula back on the team next year. I don't think he brings anything more than any generic replacement level depth guy.

Trenin... I mean, he plays with Sissons and Olivier, so they aren't looked at to generate a lot of scoring to begin with, but they try their best, try to cycle and dig pucks and get some shots. They don't mind throwing pucks at the net from bad angles, which I feel like is a conscious decision, hoping to be able to create traffic and chaos, and Trenin does that a bit, so if he's getting shots, they are very seldom high percentage scoring chances. I like him, but I'm not convinced he'll ever score more than 10 goals in the league. Well for sure not if he is basically just used in a 4th line grind role. Maybe we'll see more from him some day if he ever gets a chance on a scoring line? :dunno:

Reactions: aonb

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
I thought Haula was pretty useless/invisible/ineffective the first couple of months. But the last few weeks he has been better. I think everybody benefits now from having more clearly defined roles and consistent lines. Now it's not a line-blender every game, but just occasional tweaks to adapt to injuries. So in that context, Haula as the designated 3rd line center has been better than when he was just one of the guys randomly scattered all over the place. He does seem to be working reasonably hard, I have not seen any scoring touch to speak of. So he's earning his spot in the lineup now, whereas for the first couple of months I would have cheerfully ditched him for a 5th round pick. That said, I have no desire to see Haula back on the team next year. I don't think he brings anything more than any generic replacement level depth guy.

Trenin... I mean, he plays with Sissons and Olivier, so they aren't looked at to generate a lot of scoring to begin with, but they try their best, try to cycle and dig pucks and get some shots. They don't mind throwing pucks at the net from bad angles, which I feel like is a conscious decision, hoping to be able to create traffic and chaos, and Trenin does that a bit, so if he's getting shots, they are very seldom high percentage scoring chances. I like him, but I'm not convinced he'll ever score more than 10 goals in the league. Well for sure not if he is basically just used in a 4th line grind role. Maybe we'll see more from him some day if he ever gets a chance on a scoring line? :dunno:
Reminds me of the Legwand saga. He’s been told he’s a 4th liner so he goes out and plays like one. He does the job defined well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->