GDT: Game 41 Knights at the Duck Pond Dec. 27th 7:00pm PT (NA) Dec.28th 4:00 pm NZDT(NZ)

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Also the Ducks will get better. Already good young players like Comtois etc. Zegras was outstanding in the world juniors, and the Ducks could get a high pick too like Lafreniere or Byfield.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Also the Ducks will get better. Already good young players like Comtois etc. Zegras was outstanding in the world juniors, and the Ducks could get a high pick too like Lafreniere or Byfield.
That's comforting

IMG_4475.GIF

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Schmidty!

Also wish I could get it into my head that, despite the talent, the VGKs are a very mediocre team, nothing more, nothing less. It would make watching the games more enjoyable if I lowered my expectations a few notches. :nod:

Hey, I need one of those Lowered Expectation avatars we used the first season. :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Love Zegras in Junior Worlds, best player I've seen so far.

I think VGK will always be a good team, but that also means we're not going to draft superstars. I don.'t want to be Colorado(stink for five years so you can draft MacKinnonm, Rantanen, Makar), but I don't want to be in the "mushy middle" either. Good enough to make the playoffs but not to contend.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Kings also have twelve players at the WJC and are probably getting another high pick. The Canucks good young players will probably get better. McDavid and Draisaitl are way young if they can surround them with some talent. The Pacific could get brutal in two or three seasons.

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Nice lack of hustle Theodore to cost Golden Knights about 30 seconds. VGK got killed in the dot which really hurt when trying to kill PP’s in second period. And also on their own PP’s Ducks were able to clear immediately after winning faceoffs. Hopefully bounce back vs Yotes tomorrow

Reactions: Ginger Papa

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Kings also have twelve players at the WJC and are probably getting another high pick. The Canucks good young players will probably get better. McDavid and Draisaitl are way young if they can surround them with some talent. The Pacific could get brutal in two or three seasons.
And the Sharks will suck for five years - no prospects, Karlsson kills their cap, generational goaltenders (generationally awful), and we have an ever-expanding prospect pool, not real impressed by Canucks kids except for Petersson and maybe one other, LA and Ducks have good prospects but they're not sure things. So we'll see.

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Love Zegras in Junior Worlds, best player I've seen so far.

I think VGK will always be a good team, but that also means we're not going to draft superstars. I don.'t want to be Colorado(stink for five years so you can draft MacKinnonm, Rantanen, Makar), but I don't want to be in the "mushy middle" either. Good enough to make the playoffs but not to contend.

Yeah Zegras is special from what I've seen. I definitely don't want VGK to tank either.

I still have high hopes for Glass, Krebs, Elvenes, Dugan, Hague, Morozov, and the other Russian kid. Lots of picks including second rounders in the next few drafts too.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Yeah Zegras is special from what I've seen. I definitely don't want VGK to tank either.

I still have high hopes for Glass, Krebs, Elvenes, Dugan, Hague, Morozov, and the other Russian kid. Lots of picks including second rounders in the next few drafts too.
I do too - I think Glass will be much better next year, not really sure he belongs in the NHL at this point. Hague will get much better too, especially if he works hard on his skating.

Tonight, Ducks were eminently beatable, but it's the NHL, you play like we do tonight, you'll lose to anyone.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hopefully everyone's hangovers will be better by tomorrow cause every single skater passed like they were drunk tonight. Obviously as these ar my two favorite teams I could be happy with a win for either side but not when Vegas puts out such a depressingly awful performance.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Dorofeyev. If one of Korczak, Whitecloud or Coghlan can pan into a top 4 defenseman that would be nice also.

Goalies are a crapshoot.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
This feels like a season where we probably make the playoffs but lose fast in the first round. I just don't see a contender here.

Offense isn't good enough, and the team makes too many dumb mistakes. Stone is not playing like a star.

We might win a series or two if we make the playoffs because our division sucks. If we were in a different division and had to face, for example, one of St. Louis/Colorado/Dallas then I would see a 1st round exit being much more likely.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
We might win a series or two if we make the playoffs because our division sucks. If we were in a different division and had to face, for example, one of St. Louis/Colorado/Dallas then I would see a 1st round exit being much more likely.
We're better than Dallas, and lots always depends on the trade deadline (though I just to be honest don't really think we're close enough to the Cup to sacrifice our future to overpay for rentals).

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Dorofeyev. If one of Korczak, Whitecloud or Coghlan can pan into a top 4 defenseman that would be nice also.

Goalies are a crapshoot.

Yes Dorofeyev is raw but has a lot of talent. If Korczak, Whitecloud, or Coghlan can become a top 4 defenseman that would be huge. Peter Diliberatore has an outside shot as well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The only solace i am taking from this loss is that the Sharks lost too. f*** the Sharks.

Anyways, all this team is is just an average team that if makes the playoffs, will not go far.

They may even miss the playoffs when it is all said and done.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The only solace i am taking from this loss is that the Sharks lost too. **** the Sharks.

Anyways, all this team is is just an average team that if makes the playoffs, will not go far.

They may even miss the playoffs when it is all said and done.

I think Vegas is first or second in the Pacific. Then I think they get eliminated in the second or third round. Any other division and they probably lose in round one.

We're mediocre this year, with this defense. Next season the forwards should be of equal quality and if Fleury can bounce back we have some cap to improve our defense and be a better team then.

I think I would rather we keep our four picks between 20 and 65 this draft.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Who is the PK coach for Vegas? They just mentioned that they've surrendered 12 Power Play goals in the last 11 games
11 in last 12, 3 of which have been in 3v5(we suck at 3v5's, we should try playing 2F 1D on them because it feels like that'd work better :laugh:). We did score a shorty against Hawks(Bill from Smith).

Our worst forward pairing GD-wise in 4v5 has been Walnuts-Nosek who have let in 3, Stone-Nosek however has been our worst in every other stat.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Who is the PK coach for Vegas? They just mentioned that they've surrendered 12 Power Play goals in the last 11 games

The same coach who coached this team when the pk was good before this recent bad streak of allowing pk goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad