GDT: Game 41 Knights at the Duck Pond Dec. 27th 7:00pm PT (NA) Dec.28th 4:00 pm NZDT(NZ)

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Scratched: Jon Merrill
Injured: Cody Eakin (Upper Body)

:ducks
Devin Shore-Ryan Getzlaf- Daniel Sprong
Sam Steel-Adam Henrique-Jacob Silfverberg
Max Comtois-Sam Carrick-Ondrej Kase
Nicolas Deslauriers-Carter Rowney - Korbinian Holzer

Hampus Lindholm-Josh Manson
Cam Fowler-Erik Gudbranson
Mahura-Michael Del Zotto-Jacob Larsson
John Gibson Starter
Ryan Miller

Scratched: None
Injured : Nick Ritchie (knee), Troy Terry(knee), Derek Grant (shoulder), Rickard Rakell(upper body)

Lineups current, as of 1230 PT, courtesy of NHL.com

Obligatory Anti-Duck GIFs
IMG_4395.GIF

IMG_4450.GIF

giphy.gif

Good Luck Cat & Dog GIFs
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Stats provided by "The Score"- App
IMG_4456.PNG

IMG_4457.PNG

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
My biggest concern is how Fleury plays.

We've got a back to back, and I'm guessing Fleury gets the nod tonight, given Subban's confidence and his overall success at home. TBH, Subban in net against the sniper-rich Coyotes scares the daylights out of me, but he's shut me up recently, so......

I wouldn't be opposed to starting Fleury both nights to try to push him through his apparent post-bereavement funk. At any rate, if our skaters can do their thing, A three game win streak before facing the Flyers on Jan 2 would be a nice, nice thing. Especially if that streak means our beloved Flower is back. Then I feel we have a shot against PHI. We have them, Blues, Penguins, Bruins scheduled before the break.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
We've got a back to back, and I'm guessing Fleury gets the nod tonight, given Subban's confidence and his overall success at home. TBH, Subban in net against the sniper-rich Coyotes scares the daylights out of me, but he's shut me up recently, so......

I wouldn't be opposed to starting Fleury both nights to try to push him through his apparent post-bereavement funk. At any rate, if our skaters can do their thing, A three game win streak before facing the Flyers on Jan 2 would be a nice, nice thing. Especially if that streak means our beloved Flower is back. Then I feel we have a shot against PHI. We have them, Blues, Penguins, Bruins scheduled before the break.

I can see arguments for starting either goalie in either game but would probably feel most comfortable starting Fleury in both games, the Ducks giving him confidence for the Coyotes, or starting Subban against the easier Ducks and Fleury against the more difficult Coyotes. Fleury is still our starter, even if he's struggled, and I would always trust him way more.

Prefer playing Fleury in both to build his confidence, then again against the Ducks on New Year's Eve.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Ohhh, other Pacific division games:

Flames @ Oilers 6PM: Oilers are 2 points behind us with same games played, Flames are 3 points behind us with a game in hand. so really, the outcome will determine whether Oilers or Flames stay near us. Naturally, what's most important is a VGK win against an always pesky Ducks team.
Kings @ Sharks 7PM: This is an important rivalry game that will determine......man, I can't even pretend this one matters to anyone, except Kings and Sharks fans hoping for more lottery balls.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Was my hope too, well, 3LW. Tuch works better at RW, and Stephenson is LH + has played LW before.

I thought they'd reunite the top six and make a third line of Stephenson-Glass-Tuch. We've been waiting for a more adequate third liner to make that line better all season. I thought they would revert back to it with Stephenson showing well in the role and stacking the top six.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
The only logic I can see in Cody on the fourth line is protection from another concussion.....

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I like Stone moving up to top line. I think this should have been done a long time ago. He should be playing on 1st line with your best Center. Should get Karlsson going a bit more too.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I like Stone moving up to top line. I think this should have been done a long time ago. He should be playing on 1st line with your best Center. Should get Karlsson going a bit more too.

I think they tried this while we were floundering, to the tune of "meh" results. I'm not sure what exactly came out of the blender, though.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Maybe they are trying to limit Glass’ minutes as he eases back from the concussion? I love that first line, and each line does pose as a scoring threat but got to move Glass up ASAP.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Move Glass to 3C, Stephenson to LW and Carrier to the fourth line and that could be combos to play going forward.

Three very strong lines and our good fourth line. With Zykov, Roy, Eakin and Pirri not even getting in the lineup.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I can see Stone becoming the secondary assist master with this configuration: Stone steals puck then WB and JM are off to the races.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I want Subban to play now when he and the team have the most confidence in him. Fleury has plenty of time to get it together before the playoffs and the less his workload is before then the better.

I’m fine with Subban tonight even though he beat the Coyotes 2-1 recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->