Post-Game Talk: GAME 41 - For the first time this season YUCK!!!!! - Seattle 3 BRUINS 0 F

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Bruins didn't play well, Seattle played a solid road game. Showed that their recent play and current record isn't a fluke. DeBrusk was definitely missed. Smith not really a good replacement on the 1st line. I think his effort is certainly there, but his skills have eroded it seems. When we picked him up, the thing I heard most was that we'd like how he takes lots of shots and gets them on net. Where did that go?

I think Steve Conroy's column today was right, DeBrusk's injury highlights the need to find another top 6 forward at the TDL.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I know Montgomery is trying to get McAvoy going because in my opinion he is just not fulling that big contract, which I thought was about a million too much When it was signed.
But would rather see Lindholm on that #1 PP

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Example, with the empty net. Marchand could have added 10 shots on goal with no one pressuring, for a rebound. Instead it was looking for cross ice one timers to Pastrnak or staying on the perimeter.

Not a Marchand problem but a team mentality. There are times they need to crash the net.

This has been a problem for several seasons now 5x5 and it's an epidemic with PP1. Players seem reluctant to do the tough, dirty work of getting in close to the net. It's cost them a lot of scoring chances.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Getting everyone's best game every night also must add up. Who ever plays down to us?

Imagine how often people play down to 2/3's of the rest of the league?

I'm really pumped for Saturday. But I think I'd like to see someone else on the 1st line, and sit Nosek if he's not right. Ice the best team imho...

I'd love to see Pasta double shift and get a bunch of Perfection minutes too.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Crazy that it took 41 games for the Bruins to finally get shutout. Over their previous 10 games they have scored 3+ goals in 8 of 10 games. They've scored 4+ goals in 5 of 10 games and they've scored 5+ goals in 3 of 10 games (with a pair of 7 goal games as well.) Coming into the game the Bruins had put up 40 goals over their last 10 games with a +13 goal differential.

For Seattle to come in an blank the Bruins at home is impressive. IDK if Seattle was just playing so well they neutralized the Bruins or if Boston just didn't play Bruins hockey. Maybe a combination of both. Either way, I look forward to the rematch in a few months in Seattle.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Bruins didn't play well, Seattle played a solid road game. Showed that their recent play and current record isn't a fluke. DeBrusk was definitely missed. Smith not really a good replacement on the 1st line. I think his effort is certainly there, but his skills have eroded it seems. When we picked him up, the thing I heard most was that we'd like how he takes lots of shots and gets them on net. Where did that go?

I think Steve Conroy's column today was right, DeBrusk's injury highlights the need to find another top 6 forward at the TDL.
Here's the thing....they currently have that top 6 forward playing on their 3rd line in Taylor Hall

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yes, Ullmark kept the Bruins in this one. That first goal "tip" was ridiculous.

Clifton really struggled. Zacha as well.

Hall is back to being flashy with no results.

Biggest reason for loss was the Kraken. They played exceptionally well.
I liked Halls play more when he was playing on the third line ,none of them currently on the second line Like to shoot much.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
My buddy Jeff keeps telling me that Don Cherry used to say that the first game back after a long road trip was hard to win because the wives and girlfriends were excited to have their fellas back (majorly paraphrasing).

Personally, I just think the Kraken played a better game, but I’m going to have to listen to this guy all night at work. He’s a great friend, but he’s a bit much sometimes.

I really don’t care about this one. The game tomorrow night is the one we really want. Right?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good game by the Kraken, played like I saw them play in bits and pieces over the last week or so, don`t do anything spectacular but do most things well, stay within themselves.

B`s were off all night, passes not as sharp, coverage not as sharp, not going to the net. Stinkers happen, put this one in the rearview mirror

This^ Bs were off all night in pretty much every way they could have been. Passing was defiantly off.

Maybe two days off doesn't work for them. They seem to play well when the schedule is tight.

Anyway...Tomorow will be better or it will suck.

I know many Leaf fans will be there which I don't mind...as long as the Bs WIN

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Maybe two days off doesn't work for them. They seem to play well when the schedule is tight.

Anyway...Tomorow will be better or it will suck.

I know many Leaf fans will be there which I don't mind...as long as the Bs WIN
This might be Montgomery’s biggest test. Keeping veteran players rested and fresh though the grind of a long season, yet keeping the team focused.

They’re human like the rest of us, and everyone coughs up a hairball once in a while. I am very interested to see how they react and regroup.

Reactions: BMC

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
The teams been so hot that it's like we forget they can lose lol. I feel like the Bruins always go into a bit of slump around this time of year. Probably a lot of guys working through minor injuries that aren't public knowledge. It's probably good for this team to lose a few to get in touch with their mortality. We're still as deep as anybody in the league and getting great goal tending.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I kept reading how Martin Jones sucked. He most certainly didn't suck last night. Not the only reason the B's lost -- others have pointed out that it wasn't our game, and Kraken played well -- but Jones was a huge factor.\

Of course Linus was a huge factor in us not getting blown out too. But Jones was good.
He sure didn't suck. His second shutout in a row. Kraken D really disrupted the Bs to make Jones' life easier, but he made more than a few outstanding saves regardless. Entering last night's game both Kraken goalies had a save pct below .900, and the Kraken PK has been worse than abysmal. Normally a team with that kind of goaltending and PK are nowhere close to the top of the standings, yet there's the Kraken knocking on Vegas' door. A tribute to how deep they are at forward.

If they get their PK sorted out and Jones gets hot in the playoffs then they will be terrifying for the rest of the West. I doubt that happens, though. If I'm the Seattle GM I am trying my hardest at the deadline to do something about upgrading goalie. Jones past 5 seasons' save pct: .896, .896, .896, .900, and .898 this season. Last night was a complete aberration.

Point I'm getting to is how lucky the Bs are to have Ullmark. Come playoff time when things get a lot tougher a team generally needs a very consistent good goalie in order to make a deep run, no matter how good the forwards are. Ullmark so far this season appears to be someone who will give the Bs every chance in the world to make a deep run.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
whoever runs the kraken twitter site needs to settle down. it's a regular season win in january

No need to be so sensitive.

Kraken are a young team trying to figure out what they have this season. They're on a run and just shut out the top ranked team in the standings at home.

It's a big deal in that situation and for them could be a key win for their season.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
My buddy Jeff keeps telling me that Don Cherry used to say that the first game back after a long road trip was hard to win because the wives and girlfriends were excited to have their fellas back (majorly paraphrasing).

Personally, I just think the Kraken played a better game, but I’m going to have to listen to this guy all night at work. He’s a great friend, but he’s a bit much sometimes.

I really don’t care about this one. The game tomorrow night is the one we really want. Right?
That’s it no more sex until after the season and playoffs end.Lol

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
No need to be so sensitive.

Kraken are a young team trying to figure out what they have this season. They're on a run and just shut out the top ranked team in the standings at home.

It's a big deal in that situation and for them could be a key win for their season.

i don't know if sensitive is the correct word, but fair enough, let them enjoy their princely robes.
just personally enjoy the act like you've been there thing, but to each their own.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Not much of a fan if you only watched the first 10 minutes because of sloppy passing

..how many games did you miss this season where the Bruins started off slow, then put on a friggin clinic in the third period??
Sounds like I'm being reprimanded for making a personal decision.

Starting off slow and passing like amateurs is two different things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad