Post-Game Talk: GAME 41 - For the first time this season YUCK!!!!! - Seattle 3 BRUINS 0 F

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
If Nosek is injured and can’t take face-offs especially when he is needed to kill penalties why is he in there?
He has been there to give Bergeron a break on the PK and has done a great job

I've been wondering the same. You'd think it would be beneficial to LTIR him if it's that significant. There would be reason enough.

Then it would be much easier to move guys up and down for a bit too. Other players need minutes to get experience before the playoffs. And our point cushion allows it.

Reactions: Blowfish

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
It was just one of those nights and they certainly had their chances. Pasta and even Coyle in alone for example. Give Francis credit, he seems to have done a good job rebuilding.

I did wonder why in 0-1 game with 38 seconds left Grz and Clifton were the D closing out the period. Those are the last two of the six D I would have wanted paired then. Not blaming them, but that late goal seemed to seal it.
well the first goal was because of carlo and lindy messing up. i tbink both goals was more because of the kraken. they are a tough matchup

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
dont know tge new guys name from lastnight but he looks like he will be a great pker. looks like his stick was longer than charas.

he was really good. first time ive seen him play that good since the sharks were in the finals
Koppanen...for those watching him in Providence the knock was his speed/skating. For a big dude, he didn't look out of place. His skating wasn't that bad. His first shift and game was solid. He was 5 for 7 at the dot just under 8 minutes play time.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
well the first goal was because of carlo and lindy messing up. i tbink both goals was more because of the kraken. they are a tough matchup
They throw everything to the net. With speed. Paid off last night on both goals.
Jones was good ..... and a bit lucky.
Big picture - a healthy loss for Bruins. If there is such a thing

Reactions: aguineapig

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
It was just one of those nights and they certainly had their chances. Pasta and even Coyle in alone for example. Give Francis credit, he seems to have done a good job rebuilding.

I did wonder why in 0-1 game with 38 seconds left Grz and Clifton were the D closing out the period. Those are the last two of the six D I would have wanted paired then. Not blaming them, but that late goal seemed to seal it.
Wondered the same thing

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I thought Seattle played well, they took away the second cross ice pass the Bruins like in the offensive zone all night, they should have adapted and started shooting more frequently than looking for an open net one timer which has worked so well this season. Seattle seemed to have blocked a number of shots as well.

If teams adjust like Seattle did last night the Bruins will need to make some adjustments as well. Reason I would like to add some size to the bottom 6, when finesse fails just crash the net and look for rebounds.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
That was a good hockey game.
The Bruins played the team most like themselves in the way that Seattle disrupts everything with active sticks and pressure. They counter really well and go to the slot.
The Bruins were eventually going to lose at home and that was as good of a way as any ... a very teachable moment / game. They've had a growing tendency to overpass and Seattle made them pay for it. Can't get away with it against those kinda top flight well structured teams.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I thought Seattle played well, they took away the second cross ice pass the Bruins like in the offensive zone all night, they should have adapted and started shooting more frequently than looking for an open net one timer which has worked so well this season. Seattle seemed to have blocked a number of shots as well.

If teams adjust like Seattle did last night the Bruins will need to make some adjustments as well. Reason I would like to add some size to the bottom 6, when finesse fails just crash the net and look for rebounds.
I was typing the same sentiment, same time. You worded it much better. I was going to even say 'adapt'.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Dominant on home ice all season, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, the Bruins Thursday night lost their Superman mojo on Causeway Street, falling to the Seattle Kraken, 3-0, in their first regulation defeat at the Garden this season.
The loss brought to an end a franchise-best start on home ice that had reached 19-0-3, and it was the first time they were shut out in 2022-23, stifled on all 27 shots by Seattle goaltender Martin Jones.
“Mental fatigue, not physical speed, mental,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, who began reshaping his lines in the second period, his charges stymied in the offensive zone because of the Kraken’s abundant back-end speed. “We had guys wide open that, it didn’t matter who … we make a lot of plays throughout the year. And we weren’t seeing those plays. We were not a second, but two seconds late — and then we were trying to force the plays.”

They take on the Maple Leafs Saturday night at the Garden, a matchup between the best teams this season. One of the Bruins’ five regulation losses was in Toronto on Nov. 5, a 2-1 trimming on a night when their lone strike was Brad Marchand’s power-play penalty shot.

“I don’t know if anybody could have imagined that this would be our record at the halfway mark,” noted top blue liner Charlie McAvoy. “You know, it’s difficult to win in this league, and to do it as much as we have is a bit crazy.”

In their last four home games, the Bruins have led by a cumulative 20:18 and trailed for 122:45. Playing from behind typically is not a prescription for success.

Linus Ullmark, stellar in the Bruins’ net despite the loss, suffered his first regulation loss since the 2-1 defeat in Toronto. The leading candidate for the Vezina Trophy finished the first half of the regular-season schedule with a mesmerizing 22-2-1 record.

By Montgomery’s unofficial count, Ullmark faced a dozen Grade A scoring chances before the coach yanked him for an extra attacker with some five minutes left in regulation. The Bruins, Montgomery figured, cobbled together but seven Grade A shots, and that might have been generous accounting by the coach.

“I felt there was a belief the whole time we were going to come back,” said Montgomery. ”The biggest difference I noticed was in the third period — we didn’t have the charge in us. So it just tells me our batteries were a little low.”

“Tonight, I think maybe body-wise, not as much,” said McAvoy, feeling the fatigue factor might have been more physical than mental. “But there’s no excuses. You have to show up and play every night and we didn’t play well enough tonight to get a result.”

Reactions: MerlotLineFan

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
If Nosek is injured and can’t take face-offs especially when he is needed to kill penalties why is he in there?
He has been there to give Bergeron a break on the PK and has done a great job
It’s funny I thought nosek was playing really well last night. I’m surprised he is playing hurt. If so the guys a machine.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The Kraken really collapsed down low and they have all big defenceman,which didn’t allow the Bruins really many opportunities in close or on rebounds.Oh well all will be forgiven if they beat the Leafs next game ,but if they lose again to the Leafs ,I say blow it up.Lol

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Example, with the empty net. Marchand could have added 10 shots on goal with no one pressuring, for a rebound. Instead it was looking for cross ice one timers to Pastrnak or staying on the perimeter.

Not a Marchand problem but a team mentality. There are times they need to crash the net.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I kept reading how Martin Jones sucked. He most certainly didn't suck last night. Not the only reason the B's lost -- others have pointed out that it wasn't our game, and Kraken played well -- but Jones was a huge factor.\

Of course Linus was a huge factor in us not getting blown out too. But Jones was good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad